Alien: Sea of Sorrows Audio Drama

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 18, 2018, 06:55:11 PM

Author
Alien: Sea of Sorrows Audio Drama (Read 11,081 times)

Perfect-Organism

Although my thoughts on this book weren't very positive, I am very excited to hear this got made, for the shear quality of Dirk Maggs' awesome skills at making these audio plays.  His works are truly inspired and brilliant.  Heck, he might even be able to elevate this story into something very cool...

Huggs

Huggs

Man, I was just thinking earlier today how wonderful it would be if another audio drama was made, and then I see this. Best news I've heard all week. I hope they don't stop after this one. If there's any justice, we'll someday get audible dramas of Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum and The Female War. And maybe, just maybe, an version of Gibson's Alien 3. What a masterpiece that could be. Ward's would be great too. Nevertheless, this is awesome news. Tremendous respect for what they've done so far.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2018, 08:25:36 PM
Looks a bit unfinished around the upper lip, but I like it.

Funny, I was going to say that about the lower lip.  Isn't that an image of the Alien from Isolation?

swarm87

swarm87

definitely getting this,  Dirk Maggs' is awesome, hopefully he gets to make some more of these, audio dramas/ radio plays are a real lost art 

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2018, 08:37:09 AM
I'd love for them to keep going and do the Rage War (and not just 'cause I'd get to hear my name) and it'd give them another 3 years of material. But I'd also love to have some original dramas too.

They have the Rage War series on audio already. Listening to Predator: Incursion now. It's narrated so it's not as cool as the acted out River of Pain and Out of the Shadows though.

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping for audio play versions too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just a reminder that this is now out!  ;D

https://scifibulletin.com/books/tie-in-fiction/alien-review-sea-of-sorrows-audio/

Sounds like another winner. I know Shevvie is absolutely loving this too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Will definitely be picking this up. Would like to re-read the novel first though, so not in any rush.

Perfect-Organism

I have no inclination to re-read this novel.  I literally forced myself to get through it.  I am really looking forward to this audiobook though.  The treatment on these things is just amazing.  I am curious to see if this will make me want to reread the book.  Who knows?

SM

SM

It'll be interesting to see if you can keep track of the characters a little better when they have different voices.

Corporal Hicks

I struggled with the larger cast in River of Pain. I'm interested to see how I'll cope with this. lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2018, 08:47:11 AMI struggled with the larger cast in River of Pain. I'm interested to see how I'll cope with this. lol

Re-reading the book immediately beforehand definitely helped with that. Partly why I wanna give this book another look before I dive into the drama.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2018, 08:47:11 AM
I struggled with the larger cast in River of Pain. I'm interested to see how I'll cope with this. lol

I'm glad Colin Salmon got to redeem himself after AvP.  :laugh:

Off topic question but why wasn't his character in the Fire & Stone series? Doesn't he...

Spoiler
get off of Hadley's Hope in the Onager?
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 27, 2018, 10:12:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2018, 08:47:11 AM

I'm glad Colin Salmon got to redeem himself after AvP.  :laugh:

Off topic question but why wasn't his character in the Fire & Stone series? Doesn't he...

Spoiler
get off of Hadley's Hope in the Onager?
[close]

No doubt. Colin rocked that role.  ;) Seriously, he nailed it.

The Cruentus

I just sped through it to see if there is any significant differences between the book and the audio.
Spoiler
Spoiler
There is, quite a lot infact, characterization, character fates either changed or extended etc Rollins's character is less ambiguous in terms of whether or not she is a robot, she is also more evil as rather than be pragmatic and nuke the site, she attempts to keep it intact and allow the colonies to be taken by the xenos
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed