Alien: Sea of Sorrows Audio Drama

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 18, 2018, 06:55:11 PM

Author
Alien: Sea of Sorrows Audio Drama (Read 11,082 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://mobile.audible.co.uk/search?keywords=Sea%20of%20sorrows

I'm sure most of us were expecting this but it's up for pre-order. Release is Alien Day!  ;D

Cast includes -
QuoteTom Alexander, Mark Arnold, Sagar Arya, Pippa Bennett-Warner, Laurence Bouvard, Philip Bullcock, John Chancer, Stockard Channing, Cedric Cirotteau, Simon Darwen, Andrea Deck, Oris Erhuero, Tony Gardner, Walles Hamonde, Andrew James Spooner, Loreli King, Tayla Kovacevic Ebong, Laurel Lefkow, Sandra-Mae Luyck, Theo Maggs, Alan Marriott, Gary Martin, Pauline Mclynn, Eric Meyers, Naoko Mori, Sarah Pitard, Kerry Shale, Thomas Stroppell, Emma Swan, Martin T Sherman, Steve Toussaint and Ryan Wichert.

I recognize Covenant's Mother, Andrea Deck and Lefkow. Not sure about any other names without googling.

The Cruentus

So they are actually doing a Audio Drama of it? strange then why this is last when it was the second book.

Ultramorph

Chronologically it was the last, though.

The Cruentus

That is true, I wonder then if they are going to do the Rage trilogy next. They would be next chronologically as they are set some time after Sorrows, I need to read them again but I just couldn't really get into it the first time, too weird.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I'd love for them to keep going and do the Rage War (and not just 'cause I'd get to hear my name) and it'd give them another 3 years of material. But I'd also love to have some original dramas too.

HuDaFuK

Cool to hear this is coming. Just like the other two books, the novel had some big flaws that really dragged it down, but these dramas have been so well-made it's impossible for me not to enjoy them.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2018, 08:37:09 AMBut I'd also love to have some original dramas too.

Yeah, that's be awesome.

Corporal Hicks

I ended up enjoying Sea of Sorrows the most. I can't quite say why but it had a bit of an old school feel about it, like it fit in with the old Bantam/Millenium novelizations. The only bit that dragged it down for me was when the pace ground to a halt in the middle of the story when it kept stopping and starting again with all the tertiary characters meeting the Aliens, learning something about them, relaying the info, dying. And then again for the next few chapters.

HuDaFuK

There were an awful lot of redshirts in this book.

The Cruentus

Lots of red shirts and some whose fate isn't revealed i.e Anderson. She just disappears from the story when Perkns and co are attacked. Other than the weird telepathy thing and the fact its set after Resurrection, I do like the story myself, I like how its about mercenaries and the W-Y side rather than plain white hat marines. The story got grayness in it and the mercs that are focused on are not as bad as they seemed upon their introduction. Mannings for example, is ruthless but does care for his mercs and even understands Decker's motives for something that happens later in the story.

Prez

Prez

I know some hated the concept but I totally dug the idea that the Xeno's awoke from their hibernation after scenting `The Destroyers' blood in Decker.

Yes it's a bit out there but as Hicks stated it did have an old school vibe about it - reminded me a lot of some of the 90s era DH comics.

The previous two audio dramas were superb (I'm listening again to River of Pain). Can't wait for this one.

The Cruentus

Just remembered that there is a part in Sea of Sorrows that is possibly similar to those bad parts in Defiance and Covenant (Lope incident), almost forgot about it. A character mentions a woman being attacked by a facehugger but the way it is described is like the attack and eventual parasite death was seconds or minutes at most, another off-putting part from an otherwise potential decent story. It seems that while the trilogy is well written and enjoyable, there is quite a few moments that pull you out of it and even messes with the lore.

Xiggz456

Great catch Hicks! Very excited about this! I've listened to the previous audibles far too many times (I can quote the lines as I'm listening haha) so I need this! Dirk Maggs is so good at translating these novels into audio dramas that I'm not worried about this one. I also strongly enjoyed "Sea of Sorrows" when it came out and wasn't put off by the empathic aspect of the main character (even though I disliked telepathic Queen Mothers in the old EU). Alien Day (week) 2018 is shaping up so nicely!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SM

SM

Rizzo!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Looks a bit unfinished around the upper lip, but I like it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed