Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,859 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2019, 04:14:50 AM
As a premise it is a lot better than the story Alien 3 gave us.

SM

I think overall the trilogy works well, despite a number of stumbles in the last instalment.

Local Trouble

I wonder if Fox still thinks such a movie would be too expensive to produce.

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2019, 11:12:10 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 14, 2019, 10:59:52 PM
We only had one attempt at an Earth Alien Invasion scenario and it was so long ago. Wouldn't hurt to try another since that Aliens trilogy wasn't the best.

I say do it on a game. Set it quite further into the future, post-Earth alien invasion survival game. An AVP game in that setting would be great, its has been mostly colony LV-whatever in the previous ones, so I would something different.

How about a Bethesda RPG?

I can dig that.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 15, 2019, 12:32:56 AM
I wonder if Fox still thinks such a movie would be too expensive to produce.

It'd be cheaper these days probably in terms of the scale of the story.  Not sure Weaver would be interested though.

Perfect-Organism

Really?  Is there any indication that she ever read the series?  Maybe its the fact that she's just not in it for the first 2 / 3?

SM

No, but based on the stuff she likes and stuff she doesn't, I don't think it'd be the direction she'd like to take Ripley.

Perfect-Organism

I can totally see her not wanting to play a secondary role, and she definitely had a secondary role in the comics.

SM

She had no role in the first two, but was effectively the co-lead with Newt in Earth War (not miles away from Resurrection), while Hicks got relegated.

Perfect-Organism

What makes Ripley's role secondary in Earth War, figuratively anyway, is that it was such a mediocre series that it comes across as a footnote to the previous 2 series.  If you look at the 3 series as one volume, you really get the sense that Ripley's role was tacked on, and the best material came before her arrival.

SM

She's the lead because she drives the plot of going to get the Queen Mother and nuking her and ending the Earth infestation, which is the whole point of that series.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 15, 2019, 12:03:02 AM
I think you're waxing nostalgic about the days of yore and you're remembering it as more of a phenomenon than it was. Potential for the scenario or not.

It's still being reprinted 30 something years later.

Local Trouble

Not to mention retconned with different names just so it could co-exist with Alien 3.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Lots of stuff is being reprinted 30 years later, Bethesda sucks and the real installment we got is great, I definitely prefer it.

Local Trouble

An Earth War scenario is to fans as Brawndo is to plants.  This is known.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed