Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 27, 2020, 07:07:52 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Thread (Read 21,931 times)

Kailem

I really feel like they shouldn't do anything to the balancing until people have had a chance to play as and against both sides a fair bit. Way too often we see people jumping into games with no idea what they're doing, getting beaten by an opponent who does, then immediately blaming the balancing rather than the fact that they weren't doing any of the things they were supposed to be doing.

In this case the matches where the Predator has just jumped down and melee'd everyone down in five minutes have all been because everyone was splitting up and nobody was shooting at him. So they complain the Predator is OP. Then they play as the Predator, try the same thing against a team that is working together well, get destroyed, then complain that the Predator is actually too weak.

And equally too often the devs listen to these people and nerf one thing or another into the ground in order to satisfy people who are just bad at the game, and make things worse for everyone else.

SuperiorIronman

Just ran into a glitch where the Predator overloaded energy without doing the slam. At least I'm pretty sure it was a glitch as I'd been firing off plasmacaster shots and then I couldn't use any weapon.

Trioxin

I am greatly enjoying the free trial. Playing the Jesus out of it yesterday and today. I love that you can track the predator down and end him. You need to have skills to hunt as the predator but he is also a terrifying opponent. Great job by the production team. Love all the small homage quips and clips to the film.

I have only had one tech issue and that was long que/ load times

Any one want to add me to PS4 Schneller_heinz_

SuperiorIronman

Anybody got the mini-gun yet? Every Predator I've met so far with it has been pretty surprised as I turned them into chunky salsa.

acrediblesource

Long que times mainly due to well...the lack of fans playing or have access to ps4 or a good PC to play it on. Can't do nothing about nothing.

razeak

Impressed with the predator' movement so far. Just wow.

My PSN name is cayrazeak. No mic until after my 2 year old is bed or it's pointless lol 

Trioxin

Trioxin

Quote from: razeak on Mar 28, 2020, 11:32:37 PM
Impressed with the predator' movement so far. Just wow.

My PSN name is cayrazeak. No mic until after my 2 year old is bed or it's pointless lol

I have 3 kids and I hear you it's a 9 pm eastern standard kind of thing for me. Kids ere at the grandparents so I just jammed all day.

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 28, 2020, 11:14:48 PM
Long que times mainly due to well...the lack of fans playing or have access to ps4 or a good PC to play it on. Can't do nothing about nothing.

Really that's a suprise. I was in a private game with five people for most of the day. Myself being the biggest fan of the franchise 3 of the guys had never even seen the movie lol.

acrediblesource

Also a thing to note: They que you based on the lag you have. So if your connection is slow then it will show you based on the ms of delay. Good speeds are 40 or so ms. once  you get 120-140 ms its still pretty quick because 1000 ms is 1 second.
I'm not sure of the technicalities so if they match you based on your ping times then those are the people you are matched with.
I don't know. You can bother Illfonic to figure it all out.

Trioxin

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 28, 2020, 11:43:16 PM
Also a thing to note: They que you based on the lag you have. So if your connection is slow then it will show you based on the ms of delay. Good speeds are 40 or so ms. once  you get 120-140 ms its still pretty quick because 1000 ms is 1 second.
I'm not sure of the technicalities so if they match you based on your ping times then those are the people you are matched with.
I don't know. You can bother Illfonic to figure it all out.

I have a 20 ms ping

Monster Man

Monster Man

Saw some Pred gameplay. This looks better than Friday the 13th thus far, my only issue is longevity. I'll give this a whirl once I garner enough courage to tread into Epic's territory.

Spoiler
I'm sure you guys discussed it to death -- but what's all ya'lls take on the female predator? She's essentially a fetish-fueled muscle girl instead of a monstrous beast as depicted by old EU sources.
[close]

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Monster Man on Mar 29, 2020, 12:37:52 AM
Saw some Pred gameplay. This looks better than Friday the 13th thus far, my only issue is longevity. I'll give this a whirl once I garner enough courage to tread into Epic's territory.

Spoiler
I'm sure you guys discussed it to death -- but what's all ya'lls take on the female predator? She's essentially a fetish-fueled muscle girl instead of a monstrous beast as depicted by old EU sources.
[close]

Yeah the game is going to live and die by how easy it is to get into matches. I can't currently play because it's taking too long to do so but I really like it.  It's really solid, it'd just be better if the matchmaking was quicker and it's just not helping with the current pandemic situation that bandwith is being a pain the ass. I think I did make it to the level-cap for the demo so I don't think I'm missing progress.

Also I don't think you have to spoiler tag it, we've known about the female Predator. I'm completely fine with her and even did a few matches with it. Neat little detail is that they gave her Fugitive's bark-like dreads while the males get the smoother dreads. I'm not sure that's a canon thing where one has them over the other but it's a cute little detail. I also don't think I've noticed up until it's right on me whether it's male or female either so it having boobs pretty much meant nothing in the moment. Up until I get a good look at it or the trophy animation plays out as otherwise I have no idea what gender it is.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Monster Man on Mar 29, 2020, 12:37:52 AM

Spoiler
[close]

The male is already beefcakey :laugh: and the female is an answer to that.  Maybe uninspired at worst, but certainly not fetish fueled, considering they have a humanoid musculature to begin with.  You can blame Winston for that!

Quote from: Trioxin on Mar 28, 2020, 11:35:03 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 28, 2020, 11:14:48 PM

Really that's a suprise. I was in a private game with five people for most of the day. Myself being the biggest fan of the franchise 3 of the guys had never even seen the movie lol.

My husband did a private match with some friends and it loaded up almost immediately. But then yesterday during the AVPG livestream, I think it took like 15 minutes for one game to load.  I take it that the longer than usual load times are impacting the online matchmaking rather than the private matches?

DankHouston

DankHouston

This game is badass , I love the predator been a fan since I was a kid .... few complaints about the game I want to mention ... 1 is the horrible wait for matchmaking ... 2 is the thumping noise when the predator leaps from tree to tree or even running by .... the predator was a lot stealthier and wasn't as easy to detect or hear while it's in the trees .... I think it would be fine if those loud thumping noises when he's running and jumping through the trees were taken off ... again this is just my opinion but cmon! The predator is a stealthy mother fuxker lol ...

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Horrible matchmaking really ruins the experience. But the game is great once you get into a working match.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Rightio, definitely going to be on from 5pm GMT tonight. Be nice to get a party confirmed and in place for it, looking for 3 players, leaving a slot open for RidgeTop around hopefully 7pm GMT. Anyone in? I'll be streaming this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed