Alien Covenant: Official Collector's Edition

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 16, 2017, 11:20:13 PM

Author
Alien Covenant: Official Collector's Edition (Read 34,673 times)

shawsbaby

Dumb question, but what exactly is this? Is this like the Prometheus Art of the Film book? Or something else?

Corporal Hicks

It's some form of behind the scenes book. Interviews, artwork, stills, that kind of thing.

Feeds On Minds

Does noone on this form understand the difference between a robot and a living organism?   Asking if a facehugger can impregnate an android, is like asking if a facehugger can impregnate your car.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 01, 2017, 03:10:31 PM
Does noone on this form understand the difference between a robot and a living organism?   Asking if a facehugger can impregnate an android, is like asking if a facehugger can impregnate your car.  ::)  ::)  ::)

:laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Well, actually, there has always been a tacit implication in the alien series that there may be some sort of connection between the biological and the mechanical.  Many of H.R. Giger's paintings portrayed biomechanical landscapes, and that is where the idea seems to stem from.

How often has it been stated that the Juggernaut looks like it may have been grown?  And yest it is a machine.

In the Rage War series, we have a biological creature of sorts that is creating all manner of machinery.

It's an interesting idea, this mixing of organic and mechanical, and I would say entirely appropriate for the Aliens series.

Feeds On Minds

It's an absurd, check your brain at the door kind of idea.   So yes you're right; that would be an appropriate idea for the sequel to Prometheus.  ;)

lv_226

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Feb 01, 2017, 10:26:05 AM
The teeth are all crooked...  ???
Yeah.. I'm not liking this image. I hope the end-design is a lot more impressive.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 01, 2017, 05:13:25 PM
It's an absurd, check your brain at the door kind of idea.   So yes you're right; that would be an appropriate idea for the sequel to Prometheus.  ;)

How so?  We are standing on the gates of all sorts of possibilities that genetic engineering will hold for the future.  Who is to say that you can't genetically engineer an organism (a plant) to be a chair, or something much more complex?  It's fair game for compelling science fiction.

locusta

This is from the upcoming Sideshow Alien King statue. Looks like it will go this direction.

freehugs

freehugs

to the person who addressed an awareness of robots vs organisms: there's a series out there called transformers, you might have seen it?  i kid.  mostly. 

But more importantly, as Perfect-Organism stated, if you are familiar with HR Giger and his body of work, you'd know that the "creatures" he created were essentially organic machinery, seamlessly merging mechanical forms with biological organism (hence "biomechanical").  I don't think it's too far outside of the realm of possibilities, especially when the design of the original alien creature had very clear mechanical features (and has always been described as such). 

david seems to be playing scientist on this new planet of his, so i can imagine he'd be curious to see what effects the black goo (and its offspring) had on his own kind. 

locusta

But, does he have a soul??  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: locusta on Feb 01, 2017, 11:45:15 PM
This is from the upcoming Sideshow Alien King statue. Looks like it will go this direction.

That's something I've wanted to see for ages - Alien's coming up from the ground like that. I got a little of it in that big battle sequence in Three World War but I want more. More god damn it!

locusta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2017, 08:58:40 AM

That's something I've wanted to see for ages - Alien's coming up from the ground like that. I got a little of it in that big battle sequence in Three World War but I want more. More god damn it!

Yep Corp, so true. Just too sad that the whole King concept is silly as hell and looks like SpaceCraft recycled garbage in my opinion. Well, so I have to do an own one.....:D :D :D  (not King concept I mean, but something crawling out of somewhere) :D

Hemi

Looks like the new alien came from a Ferengi  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: locusta on Feb 02, 2017, 09:52:25 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2017, 08:58:40 AM

Yep Corp, so true. Just too sad that the whole King concept is silly as hell and looks like SpaceCraft recycled garbage in my opinion. Well, so I have to do an own one.....:D :D :D  (not King concept I mean, but something crawling out of somewhere) :D

Oh man, please do! I miss seeing new pics from you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed