Alien: Covenant Set Reports *Spoilers

Started by Anthony, Mar 01, 2017, 02:09:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Set Reports *Spoilers (Read 45,178 times)

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 01, 2017, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 01, 2017, 07:23:55 PM
I thought he didn't watch the AvP films.

I thought he never heard the critics or the fan.

Have we been deceived?
Evidently so.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

anybody who has seen prometheus knows ridley stole AVP's story.

and if i'm overly b*tchy, i'm almost starting to get AVP:R vibes, not the least from the neomorph and a crashed spaceship,
and cannon fodder hippie couples. remember that 'swimming pool' scene? it's now a shower scene.
remember that hospital scene? it's now medbay in the covenant lander.
remember the end of AVP:R with the corny lame 'miss yutani' 'reveal' at the end showing that was the moment weyland merged with yutani?
guess what, the events of covenant have now weyland-yutani.
it's a ripoff from the master himself.......

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

You do realise that AvP recycled a lot of ideas that Scott passed on for the first Alien film? Think you need to read up on this before you make sweeping statements.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i know, but as harsh as it is, both AVP and AVPR came out way before prometheus and covenant, AND have aliens in them.

and just to show just how extremely similar it is

SM

SM

Was there hippie couples in AvP:R?
Or Covenant?

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 01, 2017, 10:36:30 PM
QuoteWhen we arrived, the crew was on day 60 of a 75-day shoot, a more compressed schedule and reportedly a smaller budget than Scott had to work with on the previous prequel, Prometheus. We are led to the art room

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/820159-our-visit-to-the-alien-covenant-set#dod2EyUHZfoGCm6j.99

That is actually good news.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 01, 2017, 11:48:21 PM
i know, but as harsh as it is, both AVP and AVPR came out way before prometheus and covenant, AND have aliens in them.

and just to show just how extremely similar it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFicodglXyQ

Yes, because AvP ripped off the ideas from early drafts of Alien.  Regardless of what came out film wise first, all that stuff was plundered from a script from 1976.  That overrides everything.  So AvP ripped off unused Ideas from Alien, dumbed them down to drool-cup levels, and turned it into a completely unwatchable series of movies. 

D88M

D88M

shit, i wish i havent read that about Shaw, too much spoilers! sounds great, i am out

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 08:07:06 PM
QuoteIt shouldn't have really ended, so we've come back with a very simple idea. Who made them? No one ever asked that question. [Alien] was just about there it is; it exists. And this is what it is. Seven guys and gals in a steel hull. Frankly, the very old idea of The Old Dark House. Who's gonna die next? The fundamental basis of Alien was a pretty old B-movie, but because of the cast and talent involved it came out an A+ movie. So we've reinvented the idea of Alien, I think, which is that Covenant gets us a step closer to who and why was this thing designed to make human beings. And if you think it's them [the Engineers], you're dead wrong.
Ridley Scott.

http://collider.com/alien-covenant-prometheus/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#poster

Can't help but think we're really going in the direction that David is responsible for the Aliens as we know them. I'm holding onto hope it's some Elder God race or something but I really think it's not going there.

Only problem with that is, how do they explain the murals depicting aliens and eggs at the engineer's weapons facility?

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

Quote from: Virgil on Mar 02, 2017, 12:45:27 AM

Only problem with that is, how do they explain the murals depicting aliens and eggs at the engineer's weapons facility?

Only thing I can come up with is that the "Alien" (as we know it) is what the engineers were ultimately trying to make but failed and David has continued their work and succeeded?

D88M

D88M

the Shaw part sounds very Giger, like one of his paintings it kinda reminds me of this actually http://img1.meristation.com/files/imagenes/general/teaser_ka_giger_top_1204131138_id_548944.jpg among other of his paintings, i hope we get more answers tough

Morose

Morose

The part about Elizabeth Shaw's head surrounded by tubes and machines sounds a lot like H.R. Giger's LI 2 painting. It would be interesting to see Elizabeth become a Xenomorph and David become some evil scientist. To see these two characters transform from hopeful and somewhat naïve individuals to dangerous monsters is very interesting.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Interesting quotes from the Collider report:
QuoteThe aesthetic choices aren't just superficial, they tie into the larger story. "Technically, we're slightly earlier than the Giger stuff, a little bit," Seagers explained. "We're sort of edging into that. That's part of that whole storyline."

And this:
QuoteThe production team carried over the engineer alphabet created for Prometheus. All the hieroglyphics actually say something, but it might be rather difficult to decode since not all the translations are in English.

Remember the one wall of hieroglyphs that we thought said something about the Engeineers' "children"? Maybe we were right!

rabidranger

rabidranger

The murals are an interesting side note. At the very least it seems to suggest that the "xenomorph" in some form as well as it's life cycle was known the Engineers. There was an "altar" of sorts at well which could indicate some sort of reverence. Maybe the xenormorph represents the next stage in evolution or harkens back to the Engineers' own "Gods."

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I believe one of the set reports explicitly says they deliberately ignored AVP for their new bible/timeline, as it is no longer canonical.

CainsSon

CainsSon

"The aesthetic choices aren't just superficial, they tie into the larger story. "Technically, we're slightly earlier than the Giger stuff, a little bit," Seagers explained. "We're sort of edging into that. That's part of that whole storyline."

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! The Organic stuff is going to be added by some synthesized version of the Goo.

Also the Mutated Shaw thing - We all have been speculating! This could be really great.

What the hell is the MEDPOD going to be doing in this (and PASSENGERS by Spaihts BTW)? Operating on an ANDROID I hope!

Also "HALL OF HEADS"   - YES!!! YES! YES! I love this so much.

Its like Christmas morning!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed