Alien: Covenant Set Reports *Spoilers

Started by Anthony, Mar 01, 2017, 02:09:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Set Reports *Spoilers (Read 45,178 times)

Evanus

So their saliva is like acid...  ???

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 19, 2017, 05:34:54 PM

Well it is the first step towards what we see in Alien.

rabidranger

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 19, 2017, 05:34:54 PM

Yeah, I thought that was interesting. An unfinished product. Still in the tweaking phase before we get to the iconic xenomorph.

Corporal Hicks

Could be the Neomorph? Slight variations between the two. We see security forces fighting the Neos in the trailer so perhaps.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/alien-covenant-behind-scenes-what-expect#.WOzW_nPTzsU.twitter

QuoteOur set visit is held towards the end of a four-month shoot in late June of 2016. When we arrive to stomp about the muddy grounds, we see the boring grind of making a thrilling horror movie. They're on day four of a scene towards the climax — one you see glimpses of in the first official trailer. The film's main hero, played by Katherine Waterston, has to battle a monster while perched on a small ship that's about to take off.

In reality, the acclaimed actress (of "Inherent Vice" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them") is standing on a moving platform that jostles her about. Again and again the platform turns diagonal, sending her sliding down. Waterston has to save herself by sticking her pick-axe in a small hole.

Estimated to run four minutes of screentime, this sequence will take eight days to film.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 11, 2017, 01:53:29 PM
http://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/alien-covenant-behind-scenes-what-expect#.WOzW_nPTzsU.twitter

QuoteOur set visit is held towards the end of a four-month shoot in late June of 2016. When we arrive to stomp about the muddy grounds, we see the boring grind of making a thrilling horror movie. They're on day four of a scene towards the climax — one you see glimpses of in the first official trailer. The film's main hero, played by Katherine Waterston, has to battle a monster while perched on a small ship that's about to take off.

In reality, the acclaimed actress (of "Inherent Vice" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them") is standing on a moving platform that jostles her about. Again and again the platform turns diagonal, sending her sliding down. Waterston has to save herself by sticking her pick-axe in a small hole.

Estimated to run four minutes of screentime, this sequence will take eight days to film.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 08:36:29 AM
Could be the Neomorph? Slight variations between the two. We see security forces fighting the Neos in the trailer so perhaps.

he clearly mentiones the xenomorph, so no.

also, why not, the saliva? i can't remember seeing their saliva in contact with human tissue. it doesn't HAVE to be acidic, though
offcourse it does sound like that. Perhaps not as strong as the acidic blood, but comparable.

for example, saliva of a komodo dragon is highly toxic. the gila monster produces toxic saliva.offcourse the komodo dragon has bacterial effects, rather than 'burn'. but well, if it is acidic in nature, it definately can burn.but let's just take diesel oil for example. i've had a bit on my jeans at the upper leg area when fueling and slipping when the floor was ice frozen. i didn't think much of it, and thougt hey, i'm home in half an hour, i'll wash it off then.

unfortunately, when i got home, my skin was superbly irritated and had a strong red rash, which lasted about a day and a half.

so, here you have 'simple' diesel, which thus 'burns' the skin somewhat.so i can imagine alien salive of a dangerous creature having a stronger effect though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed