Birthing Monsters, Review of Memory: The Origins of Alien - AvP Galaxy Podcast #98

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2019, 06:31:20 AM

Author
Birthing Monsters, Review of Memory: The Origins of Alien - AvP Galaxy Podcast #98 (Read 4,370 times)

Local Trouble

Did anyone mispronounce Giger's name?

SM

Yeah some guy did.

Huggs

The Geegermeister.

Local Trouble

About ten years ago, I worked with this know-it-all goth kid who was the "world's biggest H.R. Geiger fan."  He was going to get all tatted up with "Geiger's artwork" because he's such a HUGE fan.  He was even kind enough to tell me all about "H.R. Geiger" and that he was "the German guy" who "designed the alien and the predator." 

And then I turned into this guy...

Huggs

Did his father dual wield 1911's against Saddam during the invasion of Grenada?

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 08, 2020, 05:04:43 AM
About ten years ago, I worked with this know-it-all goth kid who was the "world's biggest H.R. Geiger fan."  He was going to get all tatted up with "Geiger's artwork" because he's such a HUGE fan.  He was even kind enough to tell me all about "H.R. Geiger" and that he was "the German guy" who "designed the alien and the predator." 

And then I turned into this guy...

Brings a tear to the eye.

Local Trouble

If only you could be such a huge fan as he was.

Huggs

But did he qualify as a "true" fan?

Local Trouble

Keep in mind, he was a goth kid.  He didn't cop to being an Alien fan.  He thought that sort of thing was only for geeks and he was too cool for that.  He was in a band too.  No, he was specifically an "H.R. Geiger" fan because he admired the art.

Huggs

Huggs

He remains the greatest of the unknown German masters.

SiL

Quarantine fun: Have a conversation with a die-hard Giger fan about your love of Geiger and see how long you can hold the conversation before they realise you're talking about Hans Geiger the physicist (or stab you)

SM

True Fans (TM) call him The Count.

SiL

I know he wasn't there personally in '86 but I think it's obvious his work greatly influenced the way things were done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed