The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 31, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

Author
The Predator | Final Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX (Read 41,899 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 03, 2018, 02:25:49 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 03, 2018, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 02, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
I have no problem with anything cooked up storywise as long it's not overstuffed.... but it's the execution.

So you did saw the movie ? Talking about execution, you definitely saw it ! Common you can tell us now ! How was it ?

Yes it was so awesome, saw it with five friends and then we soaked up more of it's awesomeness, this movie will live in infamy. You'll love it.

I'll take your word for it. I mean everyone on here saw how relevant and qualified you were on this subject !

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 03, 2018, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 03, 2018, 02:58:38 PM
The predator should never be the protagonist, they tried that with AVPR and it was atrocious. The predator is nothing more than a movie monster. If you try to make him a character and dig deep into his culture than he's just another Klingon or Vulcon. Having a predator lose at the end of every movie is essential, I don't want to watch a whole movie where the characters struggle to survive only to fail in the end. What kind of ending would that be? Who would  that please, except the crazy predator fanboys who have this ridiculous notion that the predator is too badass to ever lose?

I think that was more down to AvP:R being a terrible movie full stop. It could've had potential if it was handled far better and Wolf was still the most interesting thing about the movie though, with a few cool action moments (the double head shot is still awesome) and him trying to clean up the mess.

I'd be fine if the Predator walked away, still alive at the end of a movie though, doesn't mean the human's have to die either, there are ways it could be done.

There was nothing interesting about Wolf. he was just another predator. No, I take that back, a predator doesn't just walk around like a moron and makes himself vulnerable to aliens and gun fire. Wolf used no intelligence or hunting skills. he's not a predator, he's the predator fanboy's idea of a what a predator is: an unstoppable demi-god.  A single predator sent to stop an Alien outbreak is the most fan-pandering bunch of bullshit I've ever seen in a movie. There were so many moments where he should have just died, or gotten shot, or clawed, or had acid blood splashed on him but logic gets thrown to the wind just so the predator fanboys can have their "badass" predator.

If you want a predator to live without the human characters dying than the predator must be the human's ally, and we all know how predator fans hate that. Or they fight and reach some mutual understanding and I can't imagine what that would be after the predator has killed so many humans.

Jacku

I'm excited! Will be my first time seeing a Predator film on the big screen. Though that jet/plane combat scene feels too CGI heavy-Marvel-esque for me. The big chad Predator is looking smaller to me now so not as crazy silly as I thought at first but still it's an idea not to my taste.

I hope these trailers haven't shown a lot (as in we haven't seen parts of every major 'battle' sequence from all three acts). I'm very curious as to what time frame this film takes place.

yautjapet

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 03, 2018, 04:20:01 PM
If you want a predator to live without the human characters dying than the predator must be the human's ally, and we all know how predator fans hate that. Or they fight and reach some mutual understanding and I can't imagine what that would be after the predator has killed so many humans.

I think you could do an uneasy, reluctant, temporary alliance against a greater enemy without it turning into a "best buds forever" thing.

Wweyland

Decent trailer and send the Internet into a buzz that the movie might actually be good.

VanXant

well it looks better, but if it still contains all that autistic kid cac and they're just pretending it doesn't exist for the sake of a cool trailer, then i'm still not interested.
and i still hate the upgrade. i love the Predator, i don't see the need of a Predator film that has to change the Predator's look, or pretend that the Predator isn't bad-ass enough in and of itself that now it needs another version 10 feet tall etc etc.

AlienatedPredator

Looks pretty cartoonish to me. I just don't understand the obsession with "super" predators and "enhanced" predators. The original predator is an enhanced, super bad-ass hunter/killing machine. You don't need to add to that. Just write an intelligent story, and no it doesn't have to be a rehash of P1 or P2. Plenty of ways to approach the story and you could use the Predator as an allegory for any evil you want, like Cameron used Aliens to symbolize the Vietnam War. Sigh. Whatever, I'll see it anyway just like I've seen every one in the theater since 1987.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 03, 2018, 04:20:01 PM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 03, 2018, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Sep 03, 2018, 02:58:38 PM
The predator should never be the protagonist, they tried that with AVPR and it was atrocious. The predator is nothing more than a movie monster. If you try to make him a character and dig deep into his culture than he's just another Klingon or Vulcon. Having a predator lose at the end of every movie is essential, I don't want to watch a whole movie where the characters struggle to survive only to fail in the end. What kind of ending would that be? Who would  that please, except the crazy predator fanboys who have this ridiculous notion that the predator is too badass to ever lose?

I think that was more down to AvP:R being a terrible movie full stop. It could've had potential if it was handled far better and Wolf was still the most interesting thing about the movie though, with a few cool action moments (the double head shot is still awesome) and him trying to clean up the mess.

I'd be fine if the Predator walked away, still alive at the end of a movie though, doesn't mean the human's have to die either, there are ways it could be done.

There was nothing interesting about Wolf. he was just another predator. No, I take that back, a predator doesn't just walk around like a moron and makes himself vulnerable to aliens and gun fire. Wolf used no intelligence or hunting skills. he's not a predator, he's the predator fanboy's idea of a what a predator is: an unstoppable demi-god.  A single predator sent to stop an Alien outbreak is the most fan-pandering bunch of bullshit I've ever seen in a movie. There were so many moments where he should have just died, or gotten shot, or clawed, or had acid blood splashed on him but logic gets thrown to the wind just so the predator fanboys can have their "badass" predator.

Well yeah, I said it could have potential, I never said it was done well in AvP:R because we all know it was terrible, but when the human characters were even more stupid, it made it easier to like Wolf a little more than everyone else in the movie.

Personally I've never had a problem with the Predators being an ally of the humans in the right situation, they are honorable beings after all and I like the deeper lore of the Yautja from the comics, also not everyone hates that stuff, it has a pretty good fan base.

azamultic

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Sep 03, 2018, 05:32:38 PM
Looks pretty cartoonish to me. I just don't understand the obsession with "super" predators and "enhanced" predators. The original predator is an enhanced, super bad-ass hunter/killing machine. You don't need to add to that. Just write an intelligent story, and no it doesn't have to be a rehash of P1 or P2. Plenty of ways to approach the story and you could use the Predator as an allegory for any evil you want, like Cameron used Aliens to symbolize the Vietnam War. Sigh. Whatever, I'll see it anyway just like I've seen every one in the theater since 1987.

As somebody already said, Cameron did create a Super Huge Alien on steroids too(Queen). You could draw the parallel that it did work in Aliens, so it also could work in "The Predator", if you already used "Aliens" as an example  ;)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Yea, sure thing :) It's just my opinion, but I withold the right for anyone to change it, who knows, maybe one day a movie like that is made in I'll be lik 'wow'
But at the moment, I don't think that would be the right direction.

Yes, I agree  ;) Right now I think the progression goes pretty well I mean:

1) Predator (1987) : has elite force; jungle; one predator
2) Predator 2 (1990) : has a group of cool police detectives; team who knows and is hunting predator; megapolis; one predator and a bunch of them in the end.
3) The Predator (2018) : has a group of "damaged" soldiers( good contrast to Dutch team); bigger team who knows more about predator and even captures one; suburbs, forest,swamp, base, jungle; Two predators one against another; and yehh kid. But overall pretty logical progression if you look at it from this side.
Now I didn't include "Predators" in this progression list because I have a love hate relationship with this movie, and also because Rodriguez dissed "Predator 2"  :(

Yea, Predators had some fine idea, but in the end the whole concept failed to me because of execution. So I have mixed feelings too, because of practical reasons too (looks and sound)
But like you said, if there's a good buildup, sometime in the future there could be a movie which introduces the predator a bit more like not just a mysterious creature, but a character. Not a full protagonist, but a developing character.

I really hope this movie will help the build-up for a vast world of predators, which is yet full of mystery :)

Nathsp

If you keep doing movies wich the predator always loose whats the point? Always the same.
Avpr was bad, but the best of the movie was thw wolf, and giving a predator some personality is good, look at the comics, they can be complex, they can have amazing background, not just a monster that kills everything, they do it in the comics and works, why not trying it in cinema?
The easy way to is do the same as other movies nowadays, the monster has to be bigger and louder

Danversity

The point is the Predator is the villain? Audiences don't relate to him as much as they do to human characters, with human issues? Just like Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, you know, characters we love but we know they're not supposed to win? Movies are not about the coolest character winning. That's exactly why fan ideas are mostly supposed to be ignored and dissed.

Maybe one day they'll do a Predator: Infinity War and a Predator hunts half the universe and sits on a park on sunrise cracking a cold Coke in celebration.

The Old One

The Old One

That exists in the masturbatory, fanfiction tier nonsense that is Mortal Kombat X.

& That's the only place it belongs.

azamultic

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 03, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 03, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Yea, sure thing :) It's just my opinion, but I withold the right for anyone to change it, who knows, maybe one day a movie like that is made in I'll be lik 'wow'
But at the moment, I don't think that would be the right direction.

Yes, I agree  ;) Right now I think the progression goes pretty well I mean:

1) Predator (1987) : has elite force; jungle; one predator
2) Predator 2 (1990) : has a group of cool police detectives; team who knows and is hunting predator; megapolis; one predator and a bunch of them in the end.
3) The Predator (2018) : has a group of "damaged" soldiers( good contrast to Dutch team); bigger team who knows more about predator and even captures one; suburbs, forest,swamp, base, jungle; Two predators one against another; and yehh kid. But overall pretty logical progression if you look at it from this side.
Now I didn't include "Predators" in this progression list because I have a love hate relationship with this movie, and also because Rodriguez dissed "Predator 2"  :(

Yea, Predators had some fine idea, but in the end the whole concept failed to me because of execution. So I have mixed feelings too, because of practical reasons too (looks and sound)
But like you said, if there's a good buildup, sometime in the future there could be a movie which introduces the predator a bit more like not just a mysterious creature, but a character. Not a full protagonist, but a developing character.

I really hope this movie will help the build-up for a vast world of predators, which is yet full of mystery :)

Yep agree)  Ohhh man I was cool with "Predators" at first, but more i think about it more I get irritated that they downplayed predators so much)
And to think that Rodrigez dissed Predator 2 and and ended up making predators "Feel" so weak  ;D at least Stephen Hopkins did make CIty Hinter cool and dangerous as f...k  ;)

Yautja_Warrior

If any future movies happen, I'd like them to maybe go more into the clan war stuff, hinted at in Predators and this new movie. Let the classic Predator's become awesome again, not just a little bitch for the bigger Predator's to easily kill.

A group of Hunters, tracking some solider (standard Predator stuff to keep the die hard Pred fans happy) but then a group of bad bloods show up and ambush the Hunters, so it turns into an all out war, with the humans caught in the middle trying to survive.

They could throw in an uneasy alliance near the end, the last few Hunters team up with the last few humans to take down the Bad Bloods and the last remaining Hunter respects the humans, maybe giving them a trophy, as they fought well and survived.

Or something like that anyway. A mix of older elements and something hinted at a few times but taken to the next level.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed