Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 827,466 times)

Huggs

Huggs

The Ladykillers

"We want dat donut money"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2020, 06:48:17 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 11, 2020, 03:06:15 PM
I heard great things about The Lobster. That's next on my list.
You're just gonna leave me hangin' on your thoughts on KoaSD? :P

That boy Martin to me is a ....

Spoiler
...version of the goddess Artemis. While I'd love Martin to be the embodiment of karma, in Greek mythology, a King kills a sacred deer of Artemis, and in turn, Artemis demands payment in blood, the sacrifice of the King's daughter. I know it's very on the nose with that title and all... but when I add in Martin's mother (who didn't even seem human at times and very much under the control of Martin) tis was the vibe I was dealt.   :)
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SiL on Jul 09, 2020, 10:28:10 PMI prefer Dredd to The Raid.

The Raid's great, but I actually thought it overstayed its welcome by the end. The final boss fight was incredibly frustrating for me.

I agree. I watched them both pretty close to each other, can't remember which one I saw first. But by the end of The Raid, I kept thinking it never seemed to end, and was simply repeating itself.

Prez

Prez

Annihilation watched it again but this time with the missus. Great film. Alex Garland's film just seem to stick with me.

The Old Guard ... So I'm about half way through this and I'm finding Charlize Theron's character rather tiresome and cliched to be honest. Yawn. For someone so talented I'm starting to find her being a bit typecast as an action hero lately.

I am Mother another one I really enjoyed (2nd viewing). Nice to see it was made with a lot of local home town production talent too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kiki's Delivery Service

Not my favorite Miyazaki film, but it's always a thoroughly enjoyable viewing experience.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2020, 11:11:24 PM
Kiki's Delivery Service

Not my favorite Miyazaki film, but it's always a thoroughly enjoyable viewing experience.

What's your favorite?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=disclpVzoMQ

Pretty decent overall. I sure liked it. Beautifully shot.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 15, 2020, 01:04:29 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2020, 11:11:24 PM
Kiki's Delivery Service

What's your favorite?

Castle in the Sky

Huggs

Huggs

The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot

j0nesy

j0nesy

i remember watching the trailer for that; one of the wilder concepts i've observed. how was it?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 15, 2020, 10:37:06 PM

I enjoyed this one simply because of the strong performances from Sam Elliot and co.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 15, 2020, 10:37:06 PM

I had heard this was an underrated gem (as some critics put it) but it was pretty awful. Sam Elliott owns in almost any performance he does, and that's the only thing this movie had going for it.

Kradan

Kradan

Greedy (1994)

Great movie, but ending just ruined it for me. Felt like a proper Deus Ex Machina. Ugh

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 16, 2020, 12:25:06 PM
Greedy (1994)

Great movie, but ending just ruined it for me. Felt like a proper Deus Ex Machina. Ugh

"Here I am Uncle Joe!"

"Carl, get in touch with reality"

Kradan

Kradan

It's also good to know that Michael J. Fox starred in anything apart from Back To The Future trilogy

Huggs

Huggs

He was in plenty of other films.

The Frighteners
Doc Hollywood
Etc.

But The Frighteners was one of his best outside of BTTF.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed