Official Box Art

Started by newbeing, Feb 09, 2012, 02:26:09 AM

Assuming this is the official box art what are your thoughts?

I love it!
28 (27.2%)
I like it
41 (39.8%)
I don't care
16 (15.5%)
I don't like it
17 (16.5%)
I hate it!
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author
Official Box Art (Read 28,972 times)

Celtic Warrior

Celtic Warrior

i actually like the box art quite alot! i would have just LOVED movie licence to be extended to the squad members. ie being able to play as hicks, hudson, vasquez, drake etc etc. i know they died in the film and it would be terrible continuity-wise. But in an ideal world it would go towards making me a happy man lol

Moosh89

Moosh89

Quote from: Celtic Warrior on Feb 13, 2012, 02:16:32 PM
i actually like the box art quite alot! i would have just LOVED movie licence to be extended to the squad members. ie being able to play as hicks, hudson, vasquez, drake etc etc. i know they died in the film and it would be terrible continuity-wise. But in an ideal world it would go towards making me a happy man lol

Maybe they'll have obvious "not so obvious" playable characters in some sort of side story mode that are similar like "Ricks", "Huston", "Ramirez", "Blake", "Gordon", "Verro" and "Helen Risley" with some evil dork named "Connor Lurke"? hahaha... that would be sweet!

AndrewJJ

AndrewJJ

Quote from: Viscus on Feb 13, 2012, 11:38:16 AM
Good use of white space in my opinion.

Brings forward the extra details of the xeno's head. I also think the head stands out a little more on white than it would on a black back ground.

I completely agree. After experimenting with making the background black myself, I came to the same conclusion. The profile of the alien is harder to make out on a black background, and the focal point of the marines in the middle is lost.

D.R.

D.R.

Hate it.  >:(

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I like it its no bad its not excellent it's just good  :)

Quote from: Moosh89 on Feb 14, 2012, 02:47:15 AM
Quote from: Celtic Warrior on Feb 13, 2012, 02:16:32 PM

Maybe they'll have obvious "not so obvious" playable characters in some sort of side story mode that are similar like "Ricks", "Huston", "Ramirez", "Blake", "Gordon", "Verro" and "Helen Risley" with some evil dork named "Connor Lurke"? hahaha... that would be sweet!
no, just no.
unless they were only for multiplayer.

newbeing

newbeing

even in MP having those squad names would be doofy :P Like a Mad Magazine spoof.

Capsule

Capsule

The characters on the cover are ridiculous. Randy, among others who have tried to portray the colonial marines after Cameron always seem to get the whole thing wrong. I see Aliens as cyberpunk, with punk characters. Cigarrette between the teeth they fix a sentry gun. They look marines but upon closer inspection they are not, it's just a way to put butter on the bread. The identity of the characters isn't stereotypically tied to their employer. So my point is that Randy among many have the same interpretation of the marines we all already know, but it's wrong and shallow. Cameron loves cyberpunk, u can see the load and trouble his characters carry on their soldiers, under their uniforms. Its a tough world, corrupted society. They're punks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed