Casting for Alien: Covenant Has Begun - Sounds like Engineers or Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 28, 2016, 01:46:31 PM

Author
Casting for Alien: Covenant Has Begun - Sounds like Engineers or Aliens (Read 24,711 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 28, 2016, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Mrcreosote on Jan 28, 2016, 04:22:50 PM
Wonder what the midgets are for.

Engineer kids?

That was my thought too.

whiterabbit

Oh come on man; surely there is one slightly over weight engineer.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Maybe with the call for contortionists we'll finally see the "box alien".

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 28, 2016, 08:55:13 PM
Maybe with the call for contortionists we'll finally see the "box alien".

Maybe. Personally I'm hoping we saw more movement like that of Stompy coming out the vents in Isolation.

The First Child

The First Child

It would interesting to see whether all the engineers are the same height or not. Personally I believe they are looking for individuals who can play xenomorphs. I think the engineers will take a back seat in this story. Their architecture, worlds, and creations will be the main focus. Like aliens in Egypt. We will see statues and flashbacks, and maybe hopefully an engineer or two.

Mr. Clemens

Damn. I'm a tall skinny mofo, and dance and theatre trained. Sadly, I believe Australia could be on the exact opposite side of the globe from me...  :laugh:

CainsSon

This immediately made me think of some bizarre batch of beings smushed together, mutated and contorted, in all sortsa ways and directions that DAVID is experimenting on. Something like the VIPER PIT in A:R only much more organic and distorted.

Either that, or the inhabitants of the planet are all creatures David has experimented upon in various stages of mutation from the goo.

I'm still expecting a lot of ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU from this.

Wobblyboddle77

I do hope we see the engineers in Alien:covenant and in more detail than seen in prometheus, it's great to see Scott and team making another film featuring the xenomorph, no doubt the iteration will be something fresh alongside more towards the horror genre. I found prometheus more of a sci fi thriller, i was disappointed when i first saw the film, but accept it for what it is, the only part of it which unsettled me slightly was the engineers black lifeless eyes, when Scott deleted the engineer speaking to weyland, i thought it was a terrible mistake. I'm hoping we see something 18 rated and the studio don't put any pressure on Scott to reduce the violence or horror elements for a lower rating. or the run time to enable more cinema screenings daily.I know a studio will always have an influence on a production, as the movie industry itself is a business and Scott generally does what fox will advise. I just hope we see a decent film, which is not hindered by studio interference, i think Ridley can still deliver.

LV-12986

If this film follows on to alien, would we not see the engineers to tell the story of the crashed derelict and the dead pilot?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LV-12986 on Jan 29, 2016, 06:02:41 AM
If this film follows on to alien, would we not see the engineers to tell the story of the crashed derelict and the dead pilot?

A more direct tie-in towards Alien isn't going to be until one of the later films, I don't think.

The First Child

Did someone just comment to my post? I do not live in Australia, and I am not an actor. I used to be.

If u look at my previous comment, there is a line separating the first line from the second. The second is not mine. Is this someone else's???

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, it merges the posts when 2 guests post after each other.

In answer to your question though - I don't know. I'd suggest contacting the agency.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 08:17:17 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 28, 2016, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Mrcreosote on Jan 28, 2016, 04:22:50 PM

Engineer kids?

That was my thought too.
Glad someone thinks the same thing.

mike

try it ! you never know ... !

THE CITY HUNTER

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed