Casting for Alien: Covenant Has Begun - Sounds like Engineers or Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 28, 2016, 01:46:31 PM

Author
Casting for Alien: Covenant Has Begun - Sounds like Engineers or Aliens (Read 24,710 times)

Anonymous

Anonymous

Where can I try out as an actor? Sadly I'm in the states and would love to go to audition but Australia isn't exactly a hot skip away.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Casting for Alien: Covenant has begun! MCTV Management Group has posted the first casting call for Ridley Scott's upcoming Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant. The first casting calls ask specifically for people between the age of 8 and 40 who are "skinny & very tall or skinny & very short but strong and very physically agile".

They further elaborate that other useful skills would be "fast in movement, acrobats, dancers, gymnasts, contortionists, Cirque du Soleil type performers." Whilst the actual role isn't specified, this sounds like a casting call for potential Engineers or Aliens. This is reinforced by the request for "skinny & very tall" and "gymnasts, contortionists, Cirque du Soleil type performers."

The first Alien, Bolaji Badejo, was notoriously tall and skinny and James Cameron was also known for casting gymnasts for his creatures in Aliens. Also of note is that the age range and stature request is quite varied as this could imply a wide variety of creatures – young and old Engineers? Less developed Aliens? Perhaps even new creatures as seen in the comic series Prometheus: Fire and Stone?

The last we heard Alien: Covenant is slated to start filming in April with an October 2017 release. Are you in Australia and planning on auditioning? We'd love to hear from you and see how the audition went!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/01/28/casting-for-alien-covenant-has-begun/

BonesawT101

Interesting. The casting call instantly reminds of what Ridley had in mind for the Beast back in 1979. I also thought of Engineers young and old.

THE CITY HUNTER

Skinny,Tall thats me!Where do i sign up ;D(being serious)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 28, 2016, 02:58:00 PM

Move to Aussie and sign up to the agency!

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 28, 2016, 02:58:00 PM

Move to Aussie and sign up to the agency!
;D What not in the UK!

Corporal Hicks

No, this one is shooting in Australia this time. The last one was filmed in the UK.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 03:13:11 PM
No, this one is shooting in Australia this time. The last one was filmed in the UK.
Dont worry just joking. :D (but i am tall and skinny)

The Alien Predator

So exciting!

I'm skinny and tall... but I'd make a good Engineer couch potato, not a gymnast. XD

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 28, 2016, 03:26:57 PM
So exciting!

I'm skinny and tall... but I'd make a good Engineer couch potato, not a gymnast. XD
So the cast is for engineers,So did they do this last time?

Mrcreosote

Wonder what the midgets are for.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Mrcreosote on Jan 28, 2016, 04:22:50 PM

Engineer kids?

Mrcreosote

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed