Casting for Alien: Covenant Has Begun - Sounds like Engineers or Aliens

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 28, 2016, 01:46:31 PM

Author
Casting for Alien: Covenant Has Begun - Sounds like Engineers or Aliens (Read 24,709 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The First Child on Jan 28, 2016, 10:20:23 PM
Where can I try out as an actor? Sadly I'm in the states and would love to go to audition but Australia isn't exactly a hot skip away.

You'll need a work permit for any sort of formal employment in Aussie. And even then I suspect they'll only employ Australian citizens anyway.

Unless they're looking for illegal aliens. That might be a different matter.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jan 28, 2016, 10:53:58 PM
Damn. I'm a tall skinny mofo, and dance and theatre trained. Sadly, I believe Australia could be on the exact opposite side of the globe from me...  :laugh:

Start digging...

CainsSon

One interesting thing about this is that the official synopsis for the film claims DAVID is the only inhabitant of this world. Which begs the question: Where do all of these characters fit into that framework?
Are they part of some flashback sequence?
Is David lying and there are plenty of people/engineers on this planet with him?
or-
Is the Covenant carrying an entire Colony of people? If so, what kind of colony is comprised of these types?

NickisSmart

I want a movie with lots of Working Joes.

hfeldhaus

This is very exciting news. If we look at the extremes I'd rather have obviously human Aliens than obviously CGI ones.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jan 29, 2016, 07:40:45 PM
I want a movie with lots of Working Joes.

You are becoming hysterical! You and I are going to have a talk about safety... why not ask me about AvPGalaxy's safety protocols?

Corporal Hicks

That was under my text for a while  :P

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 12:36:07 AM

I just remembered reading it at one point now that you brought it up. I didn't get it at the time but now I do.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 30, 2016, 12:55:40 AM

I just remembered reading it at one point now that you brought it up. I didn't get it at the time but now I do.  :laugh:

Comeon! I had a Joe avatar too!  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2016, 12:59:38 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 30, 2016, 12:55:40 AM

Comeon! I had a Joe avatar too!  :laugh:

You are becoming hysterical!  :laugh:

The references must've completely flew over my head at the time, or I wasn't paying attention to their awesomeness. XD

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 29, 2016, 06:39:09 PM
One interesting thing about this is that the official synopsis for the film claims DAVID is the only inhabitant of this world. Which begs the question: Where do all of these characters fit into that framework?
Is David lying and there are plenty of people/engineers on this planet with him?
or-
Is the Covenant carrying an entire Colony of people? If so, what kind of colony is comprised of these types?

No, it just doesn't mention Shaw, doesn't mean she isn't there, she just won't be in the next movie, but prob in the movie after. I don't trust anything Ridley Scott says anymore...If he however just kills off the character like Hicks n Newt were killed off..I will be even more disappointed than I was with Prometheus..

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 29, 2016, 06:39:09 PM
or-

Something tells me they are looking for actors to play "Deacon" hybrids or variations thereof. It is as if Sir Scott wants to have many different types of the 'ancestor' program and then build up to the final resolution and crescendo at the end of the film, wherein the ultimate form of this bio-weapon, the Xenomorph itself, is unveiled as the final showdown. I really hope he goes that route, with various small skirmishes and encounters with the various "attempts" by the Engineers at creating this theoretical "perfect organism" gone awry, and through much struggle and conflict (and maybe even an Engineer-Human team-up), eventually they track down the "egg silo".

Marcus watson

I would like to audition for alien covenant but I tried to register with mctv but it doesn't let me sign up I wish I could get more information in the auditions email mrcwatson60@gmail.com

Corporal Hicks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 08:17:17 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jan 28, 2016, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Mrcreosote on Jan 28, 2016, 04:22:50 PM
Wonder what the midgets are for.

Wonder what the midgets are for.
Engineer kids?

That was my thought too.

If the tall people are going to play Engineers then the "midgets" (proportionate dwarfs) will probably play normal humans in order to get the necessary scale contrast.

Kind of how Ridley Scott used his kids in Alien to make the Space Jockey ...err "Engineer" appear bigger.

Engineers kids are the last thing I want to see, enough with the Space Jockey emasculation already!

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 10, 2016, 02:33:36 PM
If the tall people are going to play Engineers then the "midgets" (proportionate dwarfs) will probably play normal humans in order to get the necessary scale contrast.
Or maybe they built scaled down sets again and they will have the kids in space suits like in the first movie again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed