New EW Still

Started by ace3g, Jul 14, 2018, 12:02:17 AM

Author
New EW Still (Read 27,862 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 14, 2018, 02:48:04 AM
The lack of housing for the plasmacaster still bugs me but it's a pretty neat shot.

Yeah I've said the same thing. This is also an issue I had with the Super Predators. It just looks so flimsy.

Master

Master

Quote from: walker31 on Jul 14, 2018, 04:41:55 PM
How tall is this Predator?  I haven't able to make out a scale comparison

In the script it was 10 feet tall.

Sherekhan

Sherekhan

Arms are a little lacking. Hit the gym Predator!

azamultic

azamultic

Master 10 feet is the Upgrade one, this is Captured, he is supossed to be somewhere same as the first two predators, but I think he is much shorter than Kevin Pitter Hall.

PS Kevin Peter Hall*

Also I really wasnt fan of bulky predators in AVP, so if he is more cut than buff I am totally fine with that, the city hunter and Jungle hunter werent very muscle developed guys compare to super heroes from AVP.

black

black

Plasmacaster on the predator's shoulder like a magnet on the refrigerator door. Well, how did they come up with this? >:(This is nonsense and quite inconvenient for shooting with active actions.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

I hate the new bio.  It's too small,  doesn't fit properly and is just piss poor design all together. 

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 14, 2018, 10:03:27 PM
I hate the new bio.  It's too small,  doesn't fit properly and is just piss poor design all together. 
It's shallow, like they just tilted and squashed the face horizontally. Most people don't realize how far those mandibles protruded...

SorryifIHurtsYourFeels

SorryifIHurtsYourFeels

I think adi has been cutting corners and reusing old molds, reusing old builds from AvP. The Rez aliens have reappeared twice in the AvP movies.

While it's true Paul WS Anderson wanted a more "attractive" Predator and AvPR likely had a shit budget to go with its shit script and shit directors now was the time to go all out and rebuild their Predators from the ground up. In many ways I take my hats off to ADI for staying in the game in times like these but this is just sloppy work. Shane Black has his faith share of the blame too. A canny director would have caught this early on.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Jul 14, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
In the script it was 10 feet tall.

That's Upgrade. Captured is a standard sized Predator.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 14, 2018, 11:20:30 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 14, 2018, 10:03:27 PM
It's shallow, like they just tilted and squashed the face horizontally. Most people don't realize how far those mandibles protruded...

I think shapewise from the side is almoust the same as the Jungle Hunter, and I do believe that all others predator's masks aren't fitting perfectly for the predator face. I was sculpting predator mask on top of predator face, and it never fitted upper mandibles, I tried to find refrence photos, where it showed how upper mandibles fits under predator mask, but I didn't find nothing, and every time somebody puts a mask on Kevin Peter Hall, or on the toy, the do take away the mandible parts first, and after put a mask. Kavin Peter Hall didn't have mandibles, when he was wearing mask, and Hot toys and sideshow just have an option where you can just take of mandibles and put on mask. 

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I'll illustrate tomorrow.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Yeah, in terms of engineering the suits, none of the masked Predators have the mandibles under neath. It's just extra bulk and would make it difficult for the performers.

When Jungle Hunter and City Hunter have their masks removed there's a cut between the mask being "on" and the 'removal" where the mask is basically just laying over the top of the full face. The magic of film making....  :laugh:

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 15, 2018, 12:17:31 PM
Yeah, in terms of engineering the suits, none of the masked Predators have the mandibles under neath. It's just extra bulk and would make it difficult for the performers.

When Jungle Hunter and City Hunter have their masks removed there's a cut between the mask being "on" and the 'removal" where the mask is basically just laying over the top of the full face. The magic of film making....  :laugh:

Exactly, and I do think that the actual face of the predator(Jungle Hunter, City Hunter) doesnt fit inside the helmets/masks. But the faces of AVP 2004 predators do fit, the way they fold their mandibles is different, therefore they can fit the face under the mask. here is the differences.

one wrong photos.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

mandibles underneath it not, this bio is plain trash.  It doesn't even look proper from all angles.  Half of the face shows underneath in shots,  it a real piece of crap.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Maybe Captured just likes to show off his niblets?

I think it's the best and most thought out design since Predator 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed