Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 152,550 times)

Andrea90

Great images.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Sep 19, 2021, 08:06:40 AM
New TV Spot.

Nice, quite a few new shots.

Here is the full HD version from the official 20th Century Studios channel:

Andrea90

I like every shot, especially battle ones, and ones of the duel. The actors are great.

Some speeches are the same as the book

Spoiler
"I am innocent at the crime" are Le Gris' last words.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

There is quite an epic shot of a great battle being fought with a burning Cahir Castle in the background. Blink and you'll miss it though.

And yeah, Damon shouting CONFESS!! is also right out of the book.

I'm hoping we'll still get a proper second trailer with some longer dialogue between the actors.

City Hunter Yautja

I'm gonna see it for two reasons, its a Ridley Scott film and it has Adam Driver in it. :)

Andrea90

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 19, 2021, 03:40:25 PM
There is quite an epic shot of a great battle being fought with a burning Cahir Castle in the background. Blink and you'll miss it though.

And yeah, Damon shouting CONFESS!! is also right out of the book.

I'm hoping we'll still get a proper second trailer with some longer dialogue between the actors.

I think the first days of october we could get it, a final trailer where we can see more (i would like to see some violence).

In the battle shot i see a burning common house, not a castle.  ???

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah it might be a large house, lots of motion blur in that shot.

Someone made this rather amazing Le Gris action figure:

https://twitter.com/ReyloAwakens/status/1439489235376037889

Z Digg

Yeah I'm still hoping for another full trailer maybe in the next few weeks.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Official HD version of TV Spot #3 just released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYDRguoAlho

It was inevitable... At least with the helmets, unlike the hairstyles, the dude actually has a valid complaint:  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXe8gFmbsWQ

Official Synopses:

Quote20th Century Studios' "The Last Duel," a  gripping tale of betrayal and vengeance set against the brutality of 14th century France directed by visionary filmmaker and four-time Academy Award® nominee Ridley Scott ("The Martian," "Black Hawk Down," "Gladiator," "Thelma & Louise"), opens in theaters nationwide October 15, 2021. The trailer and teaser poster for the film are available now.

The historical epic is a cinematic and thought-provoking drama set in the midst of the Hundred Years War that explores the ubiquitous power of men, the frailty of justice and the strength and courage of one woman willing to stand alone in the service of truth. Based on actual events, the film unravels long-held assumptions about France's last sanctioned duel between Jean de Carrouges and Jacques Le Gris, two friends turned bitter rivals. Carrouges is a respected knight known for his bravery and skill on the battlefield. Le Gris is a Norman squire whose intelligence and eloquence make him one of the most admired nobles in court. When Carrouges' wife, Marguerite, is viciously assaulted by Le Gris, a charge he denies, she refuses to stay silent, stepping forward to accuse her attacker, an act of bravery and defiance that puts her life in jeopardy. The ensuing trial by combat, a grueling duel to the death, places the fate of all three in God's hands.

Oscar® winner Matt Damon ("Good Will Hunting," "Ford v Ferrari") is Jean de Carrouges, two-time Academy Award® nominee Adam Driver ("Marriage Story," "BlacKkKlansman") is Jacques Le Gris, Emmy® winner Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve," "Free Guy") is Marguerite de Carrouges and two-time Oscar winner Ben Affleck ("Argo," "Good Will Hunting") is Count Pierre d'Alençon. The screenplay is by Oscar nominee Nicole Holofcener ("Can You Ever Forgive Me?") & Ben Affleck & Matt Damon based on the book by Eric Jager. The film is produced by Ridley Scott, Kevin J. Walsh ("Manchester by the Sea"), Jennifer Fox ("Nightcrawler"), Nicole Holofcener, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck with Kevin Halloran ("Ford v Ferrari"), Drew Vinton ("Promised Land"), Madison Ainley ("Justice League") serving as executive producers.

"The Last Duel" is based on Eric Jager's book The Last Duel: A True Story of Crime, Scandal, and Trial by Combat in Medieval France, which brings the turbulent Middle Ages to life in striking detail. When etiquette, social aspirations and justice were driven by the codes of chivalry, the consequences for defying the institutions of the time – the Church, the nobility at court, a teenage king – could be severe. For a woman navigating these violent times, one who had no legal standing without the support of her husband, the stakes were even higher.

The French Premiere currently underway:

QuoteWe are in place to attend the screening of the film #LeDernierDuel directed by Ridley Scott and scheduled for release on October 13 in French theaters!

https://twitter.com/DisneyNewsFR/status/1439977809338904587

Stolen

69% on Rotten now.

KiramidHead

My inner twelve-year-old kind of hopes that score holds. :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Telegraph Film CriticThe Last Duel: castles, accents, shagging, battles, massive pork pies, geese running around the place, extras who look like bearded potatoes, goblets, flaming arrow kebabing someone's head, Driver in his pants, Affleck being a bastard...Ridley Scott legendary status reconfirmed

https://twitter.com/robbiereviews/status/1440045198088687622

SiL

SiL

... By shagging he means rape right?

Ingwar

Orgy scene.

SiL

SiL

Shagging it is then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed