Space Jockeys in Alien V?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 22, 2015, 01:41:57 AM

You want to see the Engineers (aka Space Jockeys) in Alien V?

Yes, Absolutely!
18 (58.1%)
Whatever, I couldn't care less.
5 (16.1%)
Absolutely not! Prometheus ruined the Space Jockeys for me.
8 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author
Space Jockeys in Alien V? (Read 12,731 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Judging by the concept art, is very clear that Neill Blomkamp has plans to introduce the Space Jockeys in the plot of Alien V. Ok, maybe the movie is centered on the Xenomorphs and Ripley, but what if Neill wants to explore something related to the technology of these ancient aliens?

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Rankles75

Rankles75

I don't want them anywhere near the film tbh, after what Ridley Scott did to them in Prometheus...

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be very interested in seeing Space Jockeys--as opposed to Prometheus' Engineers--explored, though that might be wishing/hoping against all odds, since I don't think they're going to directly retcon anything from Prometheus or its sequel.

Then again, with the black goo out and about, there's always the potential that the clearly-biological Space Jockey from Alien could be the result of some sort of genetic meddling/experimentation on Engineers, perhaps the result of millions of years of evolution on another, self-altered strain of them, that could feature instead of the humanoid variety.

I dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

If we go by Blomkamps concept art, it's highly likely we will see a space jockey in Alien V. If the company does have the derelict engineer craft, they're going to go straight for the orriery, where the fossilised engineer is. Under there obviously is the humanoid body of an eleven foot engineer. Then we have the holographic ship memory of what went wrong, we also have the distress/warning signal, so that particular engineer craft does have some form of power to emit that. It depends how much fox let blomkamp explore the derelict. it's related to the xeno, so it needs explaning, plus fox know prometheus didn't perform as well as they would have liked it to. So they could use Alien V to indrectly give prometheus 2 a big push by indirectly setting certain things up by maybe answering some questions about that particular jockey and at the same time asking some more questions, but doing it in a more clearly constructed way than prometheus did. 

Nightmare Asylum

They could get away with keeping the Jockey shape from the original if they leave us with the impression that the black goo or some other Engineer biological meddling made him the way he is. If the Engineer flight suit in Prometheus is indeed biomechanical, it would be easy to buy into the suit literally fusing with the body of an Engineer (and perhaps the ship as well, which in and of itself was much more biological than Prometheus' Juggernaut) in order to create the being that we saw in Alien. Perhaps the Jockey and the chair are indeed one in the same, the result of genetic meddling farther beyond what was explored in Prometheus.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I'll have my Alien movie without Engineers thank you.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 22, 2015, 02:24:43 AM
They could get away with keeping the Jockey shape from the original if they leave us with the impression that the black goo or some other Engineer biological meddling made him the way he is. If the Engineer flight suit in Prometheus is indeed biomechanical, it would be easy to buy into the suit literally fusing with the body of an Engineer (and perhaps the ship as well, which in and of itself was much more biological than Prometheus' Juggernaut) in order to create the being that we saw in Alien. Perhaps the Jockey and the chair are indeed one in the same, the result of genetic meddling farther beyond what was explored in Prometheus.
This is brilliant and also keeps prometheus and alien in the same universe, whilst letting them have their own stories.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 22, 2015, 02:34:26 AM
This is brilliant and also keeps prometheus and alien in the same universe, whilst letting them have their own stories.
Can't believe Ridley changed that amazingness in the bottom picture into that goofy looking dickhead in the top one. Hope Blomkamp gives us a real giant biomechanical space jockey this time. There are plenty of story ways to make it happen so that Prometheus doesn't have to be totally redundant.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I wouldn't mind it if they revisited the derelict.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I'd welcome their presence if it's left as just that. Their presence. Indirectly involved in the plot or just references towards them, and hopefully not much more. I liked the Engineer angle but we have Prometheus 2 for that.

I loved the air of mystery the original Derelict scene conveyed with the fossilized Jockey, but I always feared they would attempt live action, trunk faced aliens. Was quite glad to have the Engineer reveal in Prometheus and I hope they continue to steer away from the trunk faces. I just don't think it would look very good.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think alien 5 should wrap it up. Be the end all to the ripely arc and they should return to lv426. The circle will be complete. 5 movies is enough. Then after that they should make a standalone series.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 22, 2015, 03:47:49 AM
I think alien 5 should wrap it up. Be the end all to the ripely arc and they should return to lv426. The circle will be complete. 5 movies is enough. Then after that they should make a standalone series.

I agree. Wrap up Ripley's arc and maybe take us to the homeworld.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

This is where Scott changing aspects of the jockey for prometheus could come as an advantage for Blomkamp, using that to identify there can be different sizes or variations of the engineer. The one in Alien is huge compared to the one in prometheus, just think in Alien V they could just do a tease. What is under the jockey helmet? its obviously a bigger engineer, how different does it look? is it a higher being engineer? Is it the very engineer we see sculpted as the massive head in prometheus, one the smaller engineers worship? Was it's motive different? Those face hugger eggs were there for a reason, for the xeno to be explained in this film, they will have to explain or atleast address the jockey and the eggs. The company will have taken everything from the ships technology, to the eggs and synthetics are more advanced too, so they will be able to figure out the engineer technology alot quicker and efficiently. It all depends how far Blomkamp and co want explore the xeno origins and this is an Alien film so, but isn't all of this alien within itself? I hope fox give Blomkamp complete creative control  and a reasonable budget to work with.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Space Jockeys, yes.  Engineers, no.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I think it's very possible to see something about Engineers in this film. Ok, let's look at the evidence:

A Juggernaut (It might even be the Derelict)

Although the character is rather small, this humanoid is present in one of the concept art in the instagram.

And finally, the Xeno Esque biomechanical suit. Ok, this might be man made (perhaps through reverse engineering). But then, in the same concept art seems to be written: Pilot Mask - Space Jockey.

So it is quite possible that in some way the suit is related to the technology of the Engineers.

Only paraphrase a theory that i found on another website:

Here is a dead Cactus...

And here is one alive...

This shows how Organic Material can wither over time, so why cant a Bio-Tech Organic suit do the same?

But otherwise I agree, maybe the black goo has something to do with the organic aspect of the original Space Jockey (besides the aspect of the spacecraft, since he seems to be fused with the machine). It might even be some kind of mutation, who knows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed