First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,575 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 01, 2020, 05:49:40 PM
Yeah thats terrible, fire this Land guy and get Tristan. What a disgrace, stealing from othe comic artists.

Looks like he forgot the inner jaw too.

HAhahahaha what did I say about marvel?! xD Shouldnt come as a surprise, afterall in their star wars comics a lot of the space designs are stolen from fans and traced/copied and the art is a let down after the first couple of comics:

This is just the start of things and you can guess how the stories will become. RIP Dark horse, this is one of many reasons Im sceptical about marvel doing aliens comics and will probably skip them and ignore them completely.

Note: Found out that their art they reuse for the collections and marvel releases wont give any money to the original artists or royalitys etc, Im so skipping marvel and sticking to getting my dark horse comics.

Kradan

Kradan

On the first look, Land's cover while not great looks decent. And at least he knows whom to steal from - it could've been something from Sam Keith

But on the other hand, as Hicks said if they know fans love Jones art they should've hired him to do covers - he's done great ones for Resistance, Or if they want to go cheap way - why not use that image of Alien David Finch did ? It looks much better IMO.

This certainly leaves sorrow taste in my mouth and now I am as worried about future of Aliens comics as I was when initial news about Marvel getting rights came out

Also, I find it amusing how fast people change their minds about that collection Marvel is doing. I wasn't too thrilled about the idea to begin with and I'm certainly isn't now

judge death

I havent changed my mind since the news about marvel and disney taking over xD At best somewhat curious if the collection would go against what I suspected but I was proven right.

Nukiemorph

Stealing fingers, tail, and dorsal tubes, but f**king up the head. Real nice.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 01, 2020, 08:01:57 PM
it could've been something from Sam Keith

Hey, Keith's art in Inhuman Condition is great. :D

But this is just really f**ked up; and the fact that this isn't even a secret, and Land has been doing this for years and comic readers have been pointing it out for years, just boggles my mind...

Kradan

Kradan

Oh, I don't mind Keith's artwork that much. Even in Female War. It has it's own charm. From what I've seen it looks to me he's just not the most popular of artists who worked on Alien EU. Tristan Jones is certainly more popular with majority of fans

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 01, 2020, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 01, 2020, 08:01:57 PM
it could've been something from Sam Keith

Hey, Keith's art in Inhuman Condition is great. :D

But this is just really f**ked up; and the fact that this isn't even a secret, and Land has been doing this for years and comic readers have been pointing it out for years, just boggles my mind...

He must be cheap

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 01, 2020, 05:49:40 PM
Looks like he forgot the inner jaw too.

>:(

It isn't supposed to but this makes me especially mad. What's next - he'll forget to draw dreadlocks on Predator ?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 01, 2020, 08:38:16 PM
Oh, I don't mind Keith's artwork that much. Even in Female War. It has it's own charm. From what I've seen it looks to me he's just not the most popular of artists who worked on Alien EU. Tristan Jones is certainly more popular with majority of fans

Yeah, Jones is by far the best Aliens artist in recent memory, and one of the best overall. I just wish he got to work on stories with a better author (and, more importanly, an author that isn't a piece of shit person). Jones' excellent art deserved better than that. It pains me that Marvel is already screwing Tristan over right off the bat like this because he has so much more that he can bring to this franchise they they are both squandering and stepping all over with this terrible move. Like, his piece in the 40th Anniversary art book was phenomenal – easily one of the best in the book.

I wasn't overly fond of Keith's work in Earth War (but then, I didn't like the writing there, or in the two preceding installments, much either). I loved his work in Inhuman Condition, however, and find that to be one of the best Aliens comics through and through.

Kradan

Kradan

His Aliens looked cartoony as never before in Inhuman Condition  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Oh, that f**k is just f**king with us at this point

What's it? Being outraged fan never felt that good

SiL

SiL

I'm getting the Nelson cover or I'm not getting it.

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Sep 01, 2020, 09:42:54 PM
I'm getting the Nelson cover or I'm not getting it.

^This

judge death

judge death

By doing that, buying that one you end up supporting marvel to do more like this....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed