Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 148,149 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 04, 2012, 02:14:42 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 02:08:17 AM
So, is there anything else that I'm innocent of, that you'd care to accuse me of?
Well, certainly nothing as dumb as "There's not a chance that you're actually going to enjoy 'Prometheus', so I don't know why you'd even bother." ::)

Granted, that was a stupid statement to make.  My apologies for that.

Actually, you know what?  Arguments over a forum are pointless, they never lead anywhere good.  All that will happen is things will get taken too far and a mod will have to step in.  I don't believe we see eye to eye on things and I doubt that'll you'll mind me putting you on my ignore list, so let's just leave it there.  Peace.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 04, 2012, 02:17:18 AM
I don't believe we see eye to eye on things and I doubt that'll you'll mind me putting you on my ignore list, so let's just leave it there.  Peace.
Don't mind at all! Ta ta.

OESTEY

OESTEY

It's a viral add campaign which had done it's job very well and Guy Pierce nails it.  Reading Peter Weylands history I think this accent fits with who he is and his mannerisms fit his ego.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Pearce is awesome, you can really feel the arrogance of the character. I hope they keep building on this viral thing because this isn't really gonna make anyone other than alien purists excited for prometheus

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

So we have Nanotech and stuff... but we still don't have armor that can withstand intensely caustic acid?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I honestly didn't think his performance was too ott. It struck me as simply more akin to stage acting, which is appropriate given Weyland's venue, which would require projecting your voice at least a little...

Or I could just be talking out of my bum...  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 04, 2012, 06:07:32 AM
I honestly didn't think his performance was too ott. It struck me as simply more akin to stage acting, which is appropriate given Weyland's venue, which would require projecting your voice at least a little...

No, you're perfectly right. He's gotta project and exaggerate because he's on a stage.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 04, 2012, 05:30:22 AM
So we have Nanotech and stuff... but we still don't have armor that can withstand intensely caustic acid?

Interesting point. I suppose if you were of the crew of the Nostromo or Prometheus that you wouldn't be expecting to need it, but the crew of the Sulaco and Auriga should've been able to have something on hand. The marines in Aliens could of at least been packing some titanium plating, even if they didn't believe Ripley's story.

-Chris

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 04, 2012, 06:11:26 AM

No, you're perfectly right. He's gotta project and exaggerate because he's on a stage.

Cool, I knew I was onto something. It reminds me of how early talkies can often feel ott and stagey, largely because Hollywood hired on stage actors with the advent of sound and they hadn't adjusted to the new medium. So with Weyland we're seeing a theatre performance in video form.

Hudson

Hudson

He's on stage...in 2023...

There are robots hovering around him. It'd be silly to assume that they didn't have something to do with absorbing at least a portion of his sound and broadcasting it over a larger sound system.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 04, 2012, 07:41:57 AM

He's on stage...in 2023...

There are robots hovering around him. It'd be silly to assume that they didn't have something to do with absorbing at least a portion of his sound and broadcasting it over a larger sound system.
He means that on stage he's acting like, well, an actor. Nothing to do with sound projection. Weyland's up his own ass, he's playing to the crowd, showing off, and loving every eye on him.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 03, 2012, 07:36:27 PMHere it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UXIajUPnMc#

Great piece of music, but the Hanson piece works A LOT better.
Thanks, yes, it sounds great, and I'd apparently prefer Goldsmith's version of closing titles. Hanson's piece sounds opportune at time when Ripley observes Alien withdraw from the shuttle, due to its soothing tone, but Goldsmith's one has something unsettling to it.

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 03, 2012, 07:21:27 PMI think it's a different ship. The Jockey room platform is different. The prongs aren't as curved as the original.
Don't worry, sarcophagus will grow there later too.  ;D Well, I'm joking, of course, but the likelihood for a ship, which is of half-biological nature to transfigure itself are a way higher, than for an electonic and mechanical vessel to repaint its hull and remodel its chambers  ;)

Well, regarding the topic, I reckon, Weylangd's stand-out arrogance was deliberately performed and he has something with a positive key up his sleeves (from the Lindelof's interview):
QuoteGuy Pearce is a brilliant actor — you basically just write the words and let the actor do what they're going to do with the words. And Peter Weyland's role is still a toss-up for the audience. They don't know what he's going to be in the movie, or how this talk relates to the movie. I do think that, if someone is going to be saying the things that this guy is saying, then there is a god complex inherent in the speech. Guy Pearce took that and ran with it, and I feel like that gives it a certain degree of entertaining power.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 04, 2012, 05:30:22 AM
Intensely caustic acid from another world we can't possibly have analyzed before?
Buh.

SM

SM

f**king idiots!  Why didn't they anticipate a creature with the most corrosive substance yet encountered for blood?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2012, 12:11:34 PM
f**king idiots!  Why didn't they anticipate a creature with the most corrosive substance yet encountered for blood?
Yeah! It seems IQs will drop sharply in the future. They should have guessed its chemical structure in order to make resistant armors. Fools!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed