Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 96,606 times)

Vermillion

This is how it looks to me:

Wow

Wow

This is kinda epic 📡

whiterabbit

Should the Star Wars be in panic mode? Well yea it should. It's bread and butter film popularity is at a all time low and it's all thanks to The Last Jedi.

Highland

Star Wars will be fine.

Predator though... damn, where do you even go. Hopefully we get a 5 year break and it becomes a small project for a new director.

Voodoo Magic

Disney has a plan for Predator, and Alien. Hopefully.

Nukiemorph

Possible plans include:

1. Absolutely nothing, but maybe letting the EU continue just for some extra pennies.

2. PG-13 safe fanboy-service movies with colonial marines that focus on action instead of horror.

3. Cheap R-rated media, like $10 million movies or streaming shows.

4. Selling the IP's off to another studio who releases more R-rated films, which seems doubtful because the merchandise is profitable.

I'll be very surprised if they do anything different from these four routes.  People expecting Disney to save these R-rated horror franchises seem delusional to me.  Hopefully Disney surprises me and I have to eat my hat.

Enjoy

Enjoy

This is out of nowhere.  ???
So i think disney and fox should make a new predator movie with legend studios and a hungry talented director.
Get a great writer to go back to the roots of a predator hunting people in a warzone or some ofther space alien on someother planet.
Simplify it and just get rid of all the plots dealing with dna  and a set up to another movie.
Strike a balence and make the predator less cartoonish and less horror, campy , silly . More real and brutal and bleak and hardcore R. Less glossy fancy bright light predator space age gear and more tribal frreaky look.
Back to the roots. Less fancy and more real.

SiL

The current plan suggests that Fox will still exist, just with "A Disney Corporation Company" rather than "A New Corporation Company" title at the bottom of the logo.

whiterabbit

I thought the rumors were that Disney was going to shelve the fox moniker in the next 18-24 months... then again it is just a rumor.

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 03:45:49 AM
I think the Star Wars movies are only alive and kicking because they say Star Wars in the title. As for the money, if I sell 5 billion worth of crap then hooray for me. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still crap.

Nor does it change the "fact" that the Alien movies could be making billions and getting great press and some 'fans' would still whine.

newagescamartist

Quote from: SM on Dec 30, 2018, 06:36:43 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 03:45:49 AM
I think the Star Wars movies are only alive and kicking because they say Star Wars in the title. As for the money, if I sell 5 billion worth of crap then hooray for me. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still crap.

Nor does it change the "fact" that the Alien movies could be making billions and getting great press and some 'fans' would still whine.

You might like the new SW movies, that's fine, but we just saw a SW movie flop. That's unheard of. We're used to seeing Alien/Predator movies flop. That's not novel at all. The quality and sheer idiocy of The Predator and its production was pretty novel though, I have to admit.

CainsSon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 29, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Geez. You're all acting like a time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley is a bad idea!!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/wrBURfbZmqqXu/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c2797ec2f426c6b49badb6b

It's kinda the karma a lot of this fan base deserves from where Im sitting. All the people who say they want a new direction with new characters and adult themes, were delivered exactly those things and hated it for not being more like what already was.

Now, Im not saying there arent some of the fan base out there who see the prequels for what they are, on their own terms, with their own flaws, but ... HOW SOON WE FORGET!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 08, 2018, 10:37:51 PM
Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Dec 08, 2018, 07:06:21 PM
Someone asked Fred Dekker on his FB page if this was meant for a Dutch or Ripley cameo and he replied with Yes....
Just because he said that doesn't mean Ripley was a serious option. Dutch (the extremely likely correct answer) was just among the things listed, and he confirmed it. The person asking the question could have said "Dutch, Ripley, Jerry Lewis, Spider-Man, or Taylor Swift" and the answer to the question is still "yes".
Welp, I stand corrected!

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 30, 2018, 02:26:04 AM
Let's not anoint Disney the saviors yet. They haven't exactly knocked it out of the park with Star Wars, and I'd argue SW is easier to get right than the Alien/Predator franchises. And I'm sure Disney won't take any risks. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on an AVP movie rated pg13 before we get anything else from Disney. Another PG13 AVP movie...yay? Who would really be excited for that? I mean, yea, if they make it good, but what are the chances of that? But seriously, I'm guessing these franchises are both dead for now as motion pictures.

A PG-13 Disney produced AVP film will be miles better than every Predator film, other than the first. Remember AVP and AVP-R. The Alien series is more than halfway to greatness again, in comparison to the garbage Fox has produced from these franchises. The Alien Prequels may not be perfect but they are far better than anything past 1993.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2018, 04:22:56 AM
Should the Star Wars be in panic mode? Well yea it should. It's bread and butter film popularity is at a all time low and it's all thanks to The Last Jedi.

Every single bit of Star Wars Disney has produced, has been light years above Episodes 1 - 3. Light years!

Disney may not be everything we need here, but it will be a blessing to these franchises.

newagescamartist

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 30, 2018, 08:07:58 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 29, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
Geez. You're all acting like a time-travelling, Predator killing, back-from-the-dead Ripley is a bad idea!!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/wrBURfbZmqqXu/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c2797ec2f426c6b49badb6b

It's kinda the karma a lot of this fan base deserves from where Im sitting. All the people who say they want a new direction with new characters and adult themes, were delivered exactly those things and hated it for not being more like what already was.

Now, Im not saying there arent some of the fan base out there who see the prequels for what they are, on their own terms, with their own flaws, but ... HOW SOON WE FORGET!

Weaponizing autism and iron man suits...I just don't have words. Do you think Dekker and Black were being super meta when they created the Predator killer? That's like the entire joke, right?

I agree about the prequels though. I don't really have much of a problem with that stuff because it's pretty ambiguous and open ended. I like the prequels! I'm in the minority.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed