New Aliens: Colonial Marines Screenshots

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2012, 12:09:22 AM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Screenshots (Read 19,643 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Maybe Weyland-Yutani's forces went in disguise as marines?

Deathly_rYaN

The second image kinda has a cartoonish look, doesnt it? lol

WinterActual

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 09, 2012, 01:25:39 AM
I noticed the Pulse Rifle reads 99 on the side.  :D Finally they fixed it!!
Nope, its because the pic is very old ;)

chupacabras acheronsis

yep. they're the generic marines from last year, and they are holding the pulse rifles the wrong way.

WinterActual

I don't know what is more disturbing. To try to trade off old screenshots as new to the fans, or to be so lazy to capture a few brand new screens..

Dovahkiin

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 09, 2012, 07:27:44 AM
I don't know what is more disturbing. To try to trade off old screenshots as new to the fans, or to be so lazy to capture a few brand new screens..

I don't recognize them...

Speedy_J

If I remember correctly, this game would be told in the Marines, Aliens, and Weyland-Yutani perspective. Probably W-Y Mercenaries.

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Speedy_J on Sep 09, 2012, 07:50:25 AM
If I remember correctly, this game would be told in the Marines, Aliens, and Weyland-Yutani perspective. Probably W-Y Mercenaries.

How could they tell it from the aliens' perspective? There's no single player alien campaign.

Xenoligiost

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Sep 09, 2012, 07:53:25 AM
Quote from: Speedy_J on Sep 09, 2012, 07:50:25 AM

How could they tell it from the aliens' perspective? There's no single player alien campaign.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember reading or hearing something about a short Alien campaign. If I'm mistaken well, wishful thinking.

WinterActual

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Sep 09, 2012, 07:43:41 AM

First screen - the old Cruz' model, all other screens except the 2nd one are from the last year magazines and expos. The 2nd screen is probably that old too.

Quote from: Xenoligiost on Sep 09, 2012, 08:13:05 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember reading or hearing something about a short Alien campaign. If I'm mistaken well, wishful thinking.

There will be NO xeno campaign. This is NOT going to be like AvP 2010 or CoD showing different perspectives. Winter only.

Jonesy201

Those eggs look kinda huge to me. I wonder if they are 'normal' eggs or off some kind of special alien. The ones in the background appear to be smaller.

FightFinda

I think that blueish haze and hue that you've been talking about which surrounds the pictures comes part and parcel with that 'grain' effect the devs have been boasting about which aims to replicate the old, grainy and gritty look from the ALIENS movie, which that 80s camera lens gave off.

The Runner

Quote from: Jonesy201 on Sep 09, 2012, 09:59:58 AM
Those eggs look kinda huge to me. I wonder if they are 'normal' eggs or off some kind of special alien. The ones in the background appear to be smaller.

Maybe they are like the Adaptive Hyperfertility eggs from AVP:Extinction that contain multiple facehuggers.

Wait.....giant Crusher Aliens, spitter aliens, and now multiple facehugger spewing eggs? This all points to one person......

Salt The Fries

Pitchman? :D

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 09, 2012, 08:36:05 AM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Sep 09, 2012, 07:43:41 AM

First screen - the old Cruz' model, all other screens except the 2nd one are from the last year magazines and expos. The 2nd screen is probably that old too.

Quote from: Xenoligiost on Sep 09, 2012, 08:13:05 AM

There will be NO xeno campaign. This is NOT going to be like AvP 2010 or CoD showing different perspectives. Winter only.

No...they did mention several "perspectives" (including W/Y) in one of the magazines (the same one with the concept art of Weyland Yutani soldiers and the spitterz).  Not sure what they mean though.

I thought maybe it would be like CoD with different characters, I mean, how else would they pull it off?

Oh, and, the "99" ammo count doesn't really work out well considering a lot of the marines are shooting, so there should be less that 99 bullets in their mags.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed