Rebellion Coming Back?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 14, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Author
Rebellion Coming Back? (Read 53,041 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 20, 2014, 11:58:26 PM
Here is the thing about following a sequel to AvP2. That game was developed by Monolith, not Rebellion. For there to be a sequel to AvP2, wouldn't Rebellion have to acquire the rights in order to continue that storyline, reference the characters or even use them? I could see Rebellion doing a spiritual sequel but not necessarily a direct one.

I wouldn't want Rebellion to do another game in the series unless it was more like the original AvP. 

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 21, 2014, 01:13:58 AM
I wouldn't want Rebellion to do another game in the series unless it was more like the original AvP.

I don't think it matters anymore. AvP as we know it has changed since the introduction of PREDATORS and Prometheus. If another game is to be created, there's a high chance it will have references or even levels based on Prometheus. I could also see the Super Predators appearing as an enemy faction of sorts. Chances are that the games will be rebooted with no connection or reference to any of the previous games. It's likely the Karl Bishop Weyland won't be continued.

However I do hope that it is continued.. But that's just me hoping against hope.

Vrastal

Vrastal

I wouldn't be upset if they rebooted it, I don't know how i would feel about tying predators and prometheus all in together. A fresh look would be interesting however.

Still waiting for the Aliens earth hive-female war...

dudes

dudes

TOTALLY F***ING AGREE AVP TWO was AWESOME , played that game till the server service went down.  AVP010 played for one year or less then quit from boredom and dissapointment

worldpeace

worldpeace

id like to fully customize my predators look down to skin color patterns and dreds and armor and weapons. and add more movement capabilities to the predators. entering a fight with only wrist blades is lame. and feels too vulnerable .

dudes

dudes

monolith had it down pretty close to a T.  great references to the classics that made the franchise successful, not to the films of today that come across pretty cheap and non cannon for a buck.  I just dont get the same suspenseful and serious "vib" from references today compared to the classics imo.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 21, 2014, 01:29:03 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 21, 2014, 01:13:58 AM

I don't think it matters anymore. AvP as we know it has changed since the introduction of PREDATORS and Prometheus. If another game is to be created, there's a high chance it will have references or even levels based on Prometheus. I could also see the Super Predators appearing as an enemy faction of sorts. Chances are that the games will be rebooted with no connection or reference to any of the previous games. It's likely the Karl Bishop Weyland won't be continued.

However I do hope that it is continued.. But that's just me hoping against hope.
The story of Aliens vs Predator; Predator's harvest Aliens for hunting.
Introducing the Prometheus idea contradicts this plot... I feel if Rebellion would develop the game they wouldn't attempt to include Prometheus. After all they're actual fans of the comics! I felt a little annoyed that they relied too heavily on what was used on the movies...

dudes

dudes

Hey WORLDPEACE, you could actually do that in avp two, avp two single and multiplayer modes were all customizable to the players liking heck you could download pretty much anything from any other player and apply it as well or share yours with others in file sharing, avp two i say was great.  plus i hope rebellion gets rid of the double wrist blade thing for preds it looks toally wrong (should only have one on the right wrist).  double wristblade concept does not work unless a pred is a brawler in avp extinction which i thought was another awsome game i still play :)

whatworks

whatworks

avp two from monolith deserves a sequel over 010, it had a better plot and captured the "vib" imo of the classics

epicxel

epicxel

avp should be pc only like it use to be, i am a console gamer too but it is just that game that only works best on pc only in terms of diversity, hosting, customization/file sharing, and gameplay ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvP2 was certainly superior in terms of narrative and the over-all single player mechanics but it just wasn't a tonal match to the original, at all. I stand by AvP Classic and AvP2010 whole-heartedly but I can never deny that their stories are weak. The AvP2010 mechanics were different, in-your face and more involved but I think ultimately that was a failed experiment.

I welcome Rebellion back. But I want them to do an actual story and properly considered script. I'd also like them to turn away from the rock-paper-scissor approach. But I want them back. They are AvP games as far as I'm concerned.

Vrastal

Vrastal

I will take a fun, interesting, engaging, replayable, or even just a good,  single player campaign over mediocre multiplayer. which i found avp2010 to fall short on both accounts personally. It just didnt hold up to avp avp2, not to mention avp2010 had little atmosphere

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 20, 2014, 05:10:56 PM
AvP2 deserves a sequel over 2010. 
^^^ This. This. And THIS.

The trick is getting Monolith.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Monolith is just a name. The crew behind AvP 2 are long gone to other studios and projects.

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 20, 2014, 03:45:15 PM

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 20, 2014, 03:39:49 PM
"AvP 2010 were the best xenos created up to date."

You're jerking right? It's like HR Giger would smosh you for that.
ACM  stayed closest to the proportions in Aliens.

:o No way. Save for the MP Praetorian skin, AVP'10's Alien models were the most detailed and accurately proportioned we've gotten yet. And they were still too small.

Yep :)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

If they do this please for the love of god don't make it a sequel to 2010, just give us a whole new story. And don't give us updated tech for the marines, give us what they had in Aliens. I'm sorry but the marines in 2010 looked like Starship Troopers, the pulse rifle looked and sounded horrible, not to mention the sentry guns. Let us weld doors, give us an APC section, a good campaign with good writing, Aliens that don't look like ADI space cockroaches. And no rock paper scissors bullshit, I don't wanna see marines blocking and then beating an alien or predator to death with the butt of their rifle

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed