Rebellion Coming Back?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 14, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Author
Rebellion Coming Back? (Read 53,041 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

If they do continue with the AvP games, will it continue with he Karl Bishop Weyland storyline which of course.. has strong ties with 2004's AvP movie, or could be a straight up reboot to be more in line with PREDATORS and Prometheus?

I mean with a large portion of the EU material being rebooted to follow the line of PREDATORS and Prometheus, it wouldn't surprise me if Rebellion was asked to ditch the Karl Bishop Weyland storyline.

Personally, the AvP storyline from 2004 to the Karl Bishop Weyland idea could perhaps continue on with one more game but then again I don't mind AvP 2010 being the conclusion to that storyline and universe.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jul 16, 2014, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 15, 2014, 03:43:17 PM
The Asura engine is very advanced though. It's still being used for benchmarks. It have nice graphic features and its nicely optimized. The only flaw of AvP 2010 is that SEGA pushed the release so the game lacks features, but again thats because of the lack of time to implement anything, its not because of the devs or the engine. What a shame really. I wish Reb decided to fund the SDK tools out of their pockets but sadly that was not the case :\
Having an existing game engine doesn't give you much of a boost these days. Pretty much every AAA title out there is using an existing licensed or proprietary engine, and you still need to write unique code and create assets for each individual project (though less so for short-windows sequels, eg many of the Assassin's Creed titles).

My point was that Reb know what they are doing software wise. Besides, I don't think Reb are considered AAA devs anymore.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

I enjoyed AVP2010, it was my introduction to the franchise. Had a lot more potential though. I wouldn't mind seeing another AVP from Rebellion, I hope it happens.

TERMINATOR-SSD

TERMINATOR-SSD

i tweeted a few weeks back to Rebellion about we need a new AvP game on PC/PS4/X1. They replied to me saying they would love to but its Sega's call.

And yes they did drop support on AvP a few months after it was released. But i still want a new AvP game.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

As long as the Aliens aren't walking turds like they are in AVP2010, I'm game.

WinterActual

WinterActual

What do you mean with turds? The aliens in AvP 2010 were the best xenos created up to date. Their movement is the most realistic compared to the other games. Their AI was turd yes, but otherwise I think they were perfect. Besides the joke praetorian in MP  :laugh:

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

"AvP 2010 were the best xenos created up to date."

You're jerking right? It's like HR Giger would smosh you for that.
ACM  stayed closest to the proportions in Aliens.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm actually very much up for Rebellion taking another crack at AVP. AVP'10 had, if nothing else, a lot of potential, and was a solid, fun game in its own right, IMHO. But the gameplay and balance needed refinement, and a few particular features should've been implemented.

They had some great ideas that were stifled due to poor implementation or negated by other bad decisions. Some of their multiplayer balancing decisions unnecessarily sacrificed authenticity, too. Which was frustrating, but not really surprising. Ironically, had they kept certain aspects authentic, the game would've automatically been more balanced. lol Certain no-brainer features were left out, and that netcode... they can't let that mess happen again.

It's unclear just how much influence Sega and/or Fox had in AVP'10's development cycle, but it was a crime support was pulled mere months after launch, and that the 360 & PS3 versions didn't even get the last major update which addressed quite a few major issues. They better not pull that again, either.

There were some brilliant talks (like on the official AVP'10 forums) about how to improve the gameplay, what features/modes should be added, and how to remain as faithful to the films as possible while simultaneously improving multiplayer balance. Here's hoping Rebellion listened as closely to the AVP communities as they said they did.

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 20, 2014, 03:39:49 PM
"AvP 2010 were the best xenos created up to date."

You're jerking right? It's like HR Giger would smosh you for that.
ACM  stayed closest to the proportions in Aliens.

:o No way. Save for the MP Praetorian skin, AVP'10's Alien models were the most detailed and accurately proportioned we've gotten yet. And they were still too small.

Nacho loury crespo

Nacho loury crespo

I really wish they continue the history of 2010 game i really wish to know what happens with dark and rookie......in xeno prime :o  dark will kick their alien asses 8)

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Nacho loury crespo on Jul 20, 2014, 04:47:04 PM
I really wish they continue the history of 2010 game i really wish to know what happens with dark and rookie......in xeno prime :o  dark will kick their alien asses 8)
Please scrap that and start a new one

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

AvP2 deserves a sequel over 2010. 

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I just hope they continue the Karl Bishop Weyland storyline. That is assuming that there is a game.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 20, 2014, 05:10:56 PM
AvP2 deserves a sequel over 2010.

I have to agree with this. i found 2010 very lacking. I hated the pop-up button mash prompt crap in single and multiplayer. i hate that in all games to be honest. I would rather see combat go back to avp2000 and avp2

And the aliens looked funky. the heads were too..narrow? i don't know how to describe it but i preferred the A:CM alien warrior and drone design.

I would like to see them return to the presumed home planet though that could be fun.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Here is the thing about following a sequel to AvP2. That game was developed by Monolith, not Rebellion. For there to be a sequel to AvP2, wouldn't Rebellion have to acquire the rights in order to continue that storyline, reference the characters or even use them? I could see Rebellion doing a spiritual sequel but not necessarily a direct one.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

It's funny how the community has called the game Aliens vs Predator simply as AvP2010. Why did they ditch the numeral system? for all intensive purpose it should be officially Titled AVP3.

I think AVP2010 owes more to the AVP movie and AVP:R because nearly all of the levels are jungle and temple themed or are based around the Predator . This is why i like A:CM more in that regard, it isn't tainted with the Predator. For all purposes i love the Predator as much as i do the Alien, but the early Marine levels in AVP2010 look much better then the bland jungle themed stuff we get later on. I hope if Rebellion make a new AVP game, its more LV-425 focused with its visual design, ditch temples in favor of barren alien type wastelands. And it really needs more weapons, it's qutie sad how a sequel made by the same developer as the first game has less content. I want Duel Pistols, Grenade launchers, Rocket Launchers, single and double barreled shotguns, Miniguns, Pluse rifles, Smartguns. And stuff, and weapon attachments, if AVP2010 had the multiplayer elements from A:CM it would have been a more successful game. AvP2010 came out at a bad time, because of the COD craze which probably hurt it. Rebellion do care about the franchise unlike Gearbox. And i really think if they had a bigger budget, longer development cycle, and more access to the original source material such as the sounds and enviroments, we could have a really awesome game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed