AVP2010 was originally supposed to be an AVPR movie game

Started by predxeno, Nov 23, 2010, 02:33:33 PM

Author
AVP2010 was originally supposed to be an AVPR movie game (Read 10,972 times)

Ghostface

There was alot of subtle things from the AVP movies too. Things like the sounds and also minor aesthetics such as the SOS. While these are only minor similarities, they help set the tone. Its the little details that go unnoticed that help make or break the atmosphere.

DragonBossk

Any opportunity to keep some continuity between the films and games shouldn't be ignored either, especially as the AVP films have messed that right up. I always thought the door sounds taken straight from Aliens was a nice touch.

Inverse Effect

This game was doomed from start then.

A55tricky

Quote from: DragonBossk on Nov 29, 2010, 03:11:06 PM
Any opportunity to keep some continuity between the films and games shouldn't be ignored either, especially as the AVP films have messed that right up. I always thought the door sounds taken straight from Aliens was a nice touch.
i too get a nice feeling everytime i hear that sound.

predxeno

The "door sounds" have gotten old for me. :(

RazorSlash

Quote from: AvPYoDa on Nov 24, 2010, 10:29:59 AM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Nov 23, 2010, 09:14:54 PM
While I agree it would've sold worse, some aspects of AvP:R are still there.

The main Predator(Wolf in AvP:R, I believe it was named Dark in AvP2010) goes to -insert planet here- because of an Alien infestation

the main pred of the game is not wolf, wolf is only available in multiplayer. i think i know what you mean though, the opening pred cutscene is the same as the avpr movie.
Never said he was the main Pred of the game. I said he was the main Pred of AvP:R, while Dark was the main Pred of AvP2010

Quote from: AvPYoDa on Nov 24, 2010, 10:29:59 AM

The main Pred soon learns that one of his fallen comrades is infected with the chestburster, thus creating the PredAlien

not in the game, none of the preds in game have been infected by a chestburster.
The campaigns tie in to each other. The Predator at the end of the Alien campaign was infected with a chestburster by Six.
When you start the Pred campaign, Dark looks at that Predator's dead body. It even shows a shot of Six attacking him.

Quote from: AvPYoDa on Jan 15, 1970, 10:29:54 PM
I would say that Wolf is a boss and multiplayer skin aswell, but I don't think that counts. Thats more of a homage.

wolf isnt a boss, just a skin in multiplayer
the boss of the game is dark, the guy you are when you play who becomes a lord after/during ruins
A Wolf Look-A-Like is the final boss of the Alien campaign.

jimmylace

for all its flaws, i really like the avp game we got. if anything, id like to see an avp game that follows the visuals
more closely from the movies. (i.e extra preds from pred 2, pred 1, avpr, include hicks etc etc

Xeno Killer 2179

Yes, visuals and most sounds were respectful to the series, everything else...well you know.

belikel

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 23, 2010, 02:33:33 PM
According to this article, AVP2010 was initially supposed to be a game based on AVPR (different from the PSP), but the license changed.  Personally, I thought it would have been awesome, probably cause I'm a big fan of AVPR. :D  This game probably could have salvaged something from the movie and, perhaps, made it suck a little less in the eyes of the AVP community.

The "door sounds" have gotten old for me. :(

I feel a sudden urge to puke acid all over your face :-X
Was Satan your father or are you just unintentionally vicious ??? ?!

predxeno

How is saying that I like AVPR and that the door sounds seem old to me "viscious"?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, chill out with the insults please. He's as entitled to his opinion as you are yours.

belikel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 28, 2010, 12:27:55 PM
Yeah, chill out with the insults please. He's as entitled to his opinion as you are yours.

Yeah, I guess I should keep my head on this topic. It's just... so wrong  :'(

predxeno

I still like Aliens very much if that makes you feel better. :)

ikarop

I didn't bother to comment on this rumor before, but I've seen people re-posting it lately and I hate to see how it's being used against the game. There's a bit of truth to the rumour in some ways, but the info from that link is inaccurate.

AvP3 came about after a successful prototype game. Set on Earth, it was loosely based on the concept of a lone Predator tracking down Aliens. When a game of AvP:R was asked for there was no time to do a 360/PS3 game, so the PSP game of AvP:R was started, with production of the full AvP game starting a little bit later.

So, to summarize, Rebellion did create an AvP:R 'esque prototype where you could only play the Predator, which did its job and got them a greenlight to  make a different full AvP next-gen game and that was it. 

The prototype, PSP game and AvP3 are not related beyond that. With exception of the PSP game introduction cinematic which was all rendered from the prototype.

A Harmless Goat

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 23, 2010, 02:33:33 PM
http://www.ugo.com/games/the-most-recent-aliens-vs-predator-was-almost-a-movie-game

Like the movie, the game would take place in Gunnison, Colorado, and the team made some levels taking place within the surrounding forests.

So it would have been like Alan Wake with Aliens and Predators?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed