William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,842 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2018, 10:13:48 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 25, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2018, 07:48:31 PM
One visual I'm really looking forward to is the xenomorph DNA under the microscope.

;D

BINGO! XENO DNA!

XE-NO-MAURPHS

Nostromo

Nostromo

Is the new Alien 3 comic still coming out?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Jul 29, 2018, 04:24:03 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2018, 03:32:42 PM
https://www.cbr.com/william-gibson-alien-3-comic-book-series/

Thanks!

"The comic will plot a wholly new course for Ripley and the survivors aboard the Sulaco, as, according to Gibson, almost nothing from his original script made it into the final cut."

There is hope here.

"The synopsis for Gibson's Alien 3 reveals that the series' story will evolve one of the primary conflicts of the first two films, the struggled between personal welfare and corporate interests, by introducing a hefty dose of governmental strife into the equation."

Why not? Sounds you can add a lot more story depth now.

"Based on a script by William Gibson, William Gibson's Alien 3 #1 goes on sale on Nov. 7. Johnnie Christmas is the issue's artist. Tamra Bonvillain provides colors, while James Harren, Daniel Warren Johnson, Paolo Rivera, Tradd Moore and Christian Ward pen the issue's variant covers, two of which can be found in the gallery above, along with a five-page preview of the debut issue."

Nice. Good things have small beginnings.

SM placed all the calls afrer all.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Don't get on his bad side.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 30, 2018, 03:18:56 AM
Don't get on his bad side.

I didn't say anything bad, did I? I know when SM makes the calls, things happen.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's because he has a very particular set of skills.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 31, 2018, 05:37:39 AM
That's because he has a very particular set of skills.

He'll put things on your pizza that will make you question everything you believe in.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2018, 05:45:09 AM
He'll put things on your pizza that will make you question everything you believe in.

*crack*

*sizzle sizzle*

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Oft' times I forget how much work goes into a single panel.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2018, 09:32:34 AM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjchristmas%2Fvideos%2F10155796733665678%2F&show_text=0&width=267" width="267" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Fascinating technique...

Rankles75

Rankles75

One thing I hope they change from the original script is
Spoiler
the two full grown aliens on board the Sulaco. I know they're just there as a means to write Ripley out of the story (she was supposed to return in the follow up iirc), but it made zero sense for them to be there. There's other, more believable ways for Ripley to be rendered comatose.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Rankles75 on Aug 09, 2018, 01:24:33 AM
One thing I hope they change from the original script is
Spoiler
the two full grown aliens on board the Sulaco. I know they're just there as a means to write Ripley out of the story (she was supposed to return in the follow up iirc), but it made zero sense for them to be there. There's other, more believable ways for Ripley to be rendered comatose.
[close]

The pages we've seen so far come from the second draft, where

Spoiler
Kurtz, the UPP Captain, gets jumped by the facehugger from Bishop's capsule, and in the ensuing spasms he shoots Ripley's capsule and damages it, before running off into the ship where bursts off camera.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When can I get my clammy hands on issue #1?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed