Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 119,815 times)

SM

SM

I'm not sure why the cover is an issue?  I'm not going to watch the cover.

Evanus

Evanus

That doesn't mean people can't dislike it, right? It's all we can see of the Blu-ray right now.

echobbase79

echobbase79

You could always make your own cover and change it out for the one that's being used for the official release.

That being said, I don't mind the cover. I always loved that shot of the Alien anyway.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah its a really great shot of the alien, and it works okay as a cover. It could have been any cover really and it would have been critisized here regardless. The whinging is pervasive.

SM

SM

Quote from: Evanus on Jul 03, 2017, 09:18:03 PM
That doesn't mean people can't dislike it, right? It's all we can see of the Blu-ray right now.

Of course they can dislike it. It's just all a bit OTT. Which shouldn't come as a surprise now that I think about it.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2017, 10:38:57 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Jul 03, 2017, 09:18:03 PM

Of course they can dislike it. It's just all a bit OTT. Which shouldn't come as a surprise now that I think about it.
True that! I think the cover is fine, though I have seen better. Like echobbase79 said, you can always make your own cover.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

The cover is not bad.  Not at all.  I prefer this over a straight up Alien look.  You know the one.  All black with white letters, and hints of green.  This look fits well with the Prometheus look.

It is just surprising.  That is all.  I figured we would get a look that was more reminiscent of Alien.

You know, the film was so grayscale, it could have been done in black n white.  The cover is just fine.  I'm really looking forward to this, and I hope to one day get extended versions of these films...

Dallas at Thedus

Dallas at Thedus

The cover looks like an Alien surfing,about to catch a wave on an overcast day at Leo Carillo State Beach out in Malibu=Katherine Waterston's "haircut" was more frightening.....

genocyber

genocyber

What was so wrong with the movie poster that they couldn't use it for the blu ray? The actual cover is just a shitty edit of a screengrab. Awful.

Scorpio

Scorpio

That image is the most iconic of the movie, so it makes sense to use it.

Justice Lord

Justice Lord

It's an ok cover but it does looks like Xenomorph surfing with waves in the background.

That Target exclusive book looks good, but I'm concerned if it is just excerpts from "the art of Alien Covenant" book which I already own.

juxtapose

juxtapose

i don't really mind the cover either. .it looks just fine. .in fact i got that poster as my desktop background currently. .i change it every week or 2. .also do my own digital art. .just gonna look now. .i posted one in the fan poster thread a while back. .got f**kall responce tho. .lol

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: genocyber on Jul 04, 2017, 05:04:46 AM
What was so wrong with the movie poster that they couldn't use it for the blu ray? The actual cover is just a shitty edit of a screengrab. Awful.

The one with all the Engineers and Aliens?

Looks nice but isn't it a bit misleading with regards to actual content?  :P

Anyway, I see these guys are doing a steelbook with the UK and Aliens Vs. Engineers posters as cover-art.

https://twitter.com/Mantalab/status/882200200525238272

Evanus

Evanus

The front looks great, but the back.... not so much. I really don't like that poster.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah I think those early posters of the egg or alien on it's own would have worked better with the Alien Vs. Engineers cover. Or just a plain black background.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed