Alien: Isolation Q&A with Creative Assembly

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Q&A with Creative Assembly (Read 28,618 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

As you know, the pulse rifle has never been more screwed up more than in the game versions. Will Alien :Isolation screw up the   infamous TORCH sound effect that Ripley uses in the first movie? Or your originality and creative team allow it to be canon?

Mister T

I recall watching Alien on the big screen in Los Angeles in 1979; it scared the hell out of me (I was not a teenager yet).

None of the follow-up movies scared me in the slightest, though, Aliens was an intense movie - for its time.

That said, I have to agree with the statement made about the "unpopularity" of certain Alien renditions; I prefer the Alien from the original movie - Giger's Alien; the rest weren't... scary.  They simply looked like someone went wild with a box of Lincoln Logs, Lego's and a hot-glue gun.

So my question is thus (reiterating what another said):  Would you be willing to re-render the Alien to make it look closer to Giger's, or are you stuck on playing with Lincoln logs, lego's and a hot-glue gun?

Xenoscream

1. Is there a story reason for the Alien's increased size?
2. The most noticeable change to the creature design is the legs, what was the reasoning for the deviation from Giger's original design?
3. Will Amanda be a silent protagonist?
4. Will there be multiple endings?
5. Will you have conversational choices with other people?
5a. Will making difference choices impact the ultimate outcomes / how the story progresses?
6. What aspect of the game are you most excited / proud about?
7. In one sentence what would your message me to the fan base regarding this game?
8. Have you been actively making changes to the build / game based on feedback from reviewers / blogs / forums?
9. What does Amanda eat for breakfast?
10. What is the worst aspect of the game / what would you like to improve?

SM

QuoteI like the look of the new retro Motion Tracker... But will we get to use a similar device that Ash makes in the film "Alien" were it only picks up sound/air density and it has no screen to pin point movement. Maybe if the game has a hard difficulty you could replace the new motion tracker with the films sound motion tracker?

The tracker has a screen in Alien.  It's what Lambert watches Dallas and the Alien on.

SiL

It has many close-ups throughout the scene.

"Was the possibility of a multiplayer co-op mode considered? Something that would let multiple players work together to try to flush an Alien out of the ship, like the original film, for example?"

Nightlord

• Will there be space walking segments?
  • Does all of the game take place on the Sevastopol?
  • Will there be any Space Jockey involvement?
  • Will the alien be able to wall climb and jump over obstacles?
  • Will the game be very linear or give you a huge area to explore?
  • Will there be any unlockables, such as different skins for the alien?
  • Will there be a cat?

andrew.j.todd1

My question is, is it true Amanda will face off against clones of  herself?  If so why?

The Dutch Ghost

Will we get to do any 'space walking', with perhaps the xenomorph pursuing us on the hull of the space station?

Pvt. Himmel

1)Will there be moments in the game where there are audio/video recordings of Ripley?
2)Will Amanda found out what happened to her mother in this one or will there be dlc that has Amanda going to other locations to get answers?
3)Will there be any reference to (Prometheus 2)...Has Sir Ridley Scott had any involvement with this project in terms of hidden easter eggs that pertains to the incoming sequel that will shortly begin production???

Thomas

.......Will we get a DEMO anytime soon considering all of those game journalist were invited to a "play the game party".......

Kimo

Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2014, 09:42:59 PM
QuoteI like the look of the new retro Motion Tracker... But will we get to use a similar device that Ash makes in the film "Alien" were it only picks up sound/air density and it has no screen to pin point movement. Maybe if the game has a hard difficulty you could replace the new motion tracker with the films sound motion tracker?

The tracker has a screen in Alien.  It's what Lambert watches Dallas and the Alien on.

Holy shit ive seen Alien loads of times and never realised it was the same motion tracker that lambert uses. I just had the impression it was a console or something else that Lambert uses to track Dallas with, when she watches the screen. Will have to pay close attention next time i watch Alien. 

MR EL1M1NATOR

In Alien, I think the best part of the film is actually before we even see the Alien. The slow pace really sets the tone very well. (getting to know the characters, them exploring the derelict etc, us knowing as little as them) Will you be using a similar slow pace to  bring us into this story or is it going to assume we all have seen Alien and throw us straight into the slasher in space aspect of the story?

Thanks.

hfeldhaus

will it connect to prometheus?
will egg morphing be placed back into the cycle?
will there be dlc?
what will be the games replayability value? (multiplayer?coop?leaderboards)
if none of the above, will the story be open and unlinear e.g. different decisions effect some story components (multiple endings)

Xhan

Why did you feel the need to change the Alien's basic design?

Does the player and and human(oid) NPCs have the same contextual animations array and behavior system as the Alien?

Are CA planning to use the AI "state machine" in any other titles?

Given the nature of the game and its premise, what kind of DLC/promotional/aftermarket items can be expected?

Why is using ripley's daughter considered "essential" for the game's plot or premise?

What specific differences can we expect in the different SKUs (PC/XB1/PS4/PS3/X360)

How long does SEGA intend to support the game?

How do they plan on implementing digital counterparts for the current analog control functions?

SuicideDoors

Quote from: SiL on Jan 24, 2014, 09:55:05 PM
It has many close-ups throughout the scene.

"Was the possibility of a multiplayer co-op mode considered? Something that would let multiple players work together to try to flush an Alien out of the ship, like the original film, for example?"

Bloody hell that would have been good. I now think they've missed a trick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed