New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 117,395 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Jan 17, 2021, 04:38:25 PMHold on a minute, Last Action Hero is great

I dig Last Action Hero, but if we're being honest it's a f**king mess. One of those movies that manages to be significantly less than the sum of its parts. There are so many incredible scenes in it, it's honestly quite amazing how badly they come together as a whole.

But like I say, I still really enjoy it.

Also, Charles Dance MVP.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: overthere on Jan 17, 2021, 11:43:15 PM
Predator is cure for sleep paralysis.

That needs to quoted on all future Predator press materials.  ;D

Happy it worked out for you!

Lizardboy

''After a hiatus of almost 20 years, John McTiernan (director of '80s touchstones like Predator and Die Hard) is heading back to the world of filmmaking with Tau Ceti, an upcoming sci-fi action epic starring Uma Thurman (Kill Bill) and Travis Fimmel (Vikings). The project is ready to roll, but its future hangs in the balance amid the ongoing health crisis that continues to stall and delay live-action productions.

"We were about to shoot the film in Serbia when COVID happened," McTiernan told Empire for the magazine's February 2021 issue. "And now, I don't know what we're gonna do. I could also do it here in Canada. It's easier to set up a bubble or set up some sort of isolation arrangement for the year. Although, in another six months, I suppose we'll have enough vaccines around that they can finally get it under control. And we can go back to work.

In the meantime, the 69-year-old director is figuring out whether or not the movie (centered around a trio of badass soldiers attempting to take down an oligarch on a war-torn planet) will be renamed to "Tau Ceti Foxtrot." Scientifically-speaking, "Tau Ceti" refers to an actual star that is located about 12 lightyears away from Earth.''

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/john-mctiernan-we-can-be-heroes-island-of-dr-moreau

Voodoo Magic

Another Predator movie in disguise, perhaps?!

HuDaFuK

Can't see them having two in development at the same time after the last one's performance.

Especially as "sci-fi action epic" implies a big budget. The film we know we're getting is clearly a low-budget affair.

Voodoo Magic

I wasn't actually being serious. ;D

Pearlhead

If Dan Trachtenberg is reading this, please don't make the Predator look like this

Or this

Or these

In fact.... just don't hire ADI and hire other companies like Legacy Effects or something

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 17, 2021, 01:57:42 PM
I don't know... What McTiernan would we be getting too? Would we get the Predator/Die Hard/The Hunt for Red October McTiernan or the Last Action Hero/Rollerball/Medicine Man McTiernan? His track record isn't as stellar as Ridley Scott and even Ridley stumbled throughout his Alien return. I think I would only be personally game if McTiernan really had a Predator story that he was creatively hungry to tell.

Last action hero is great! Only thing I remember of medicine man is the damn soundtrack my parents bought and played non stop....

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Pearlhead on Jan 23, 2021, 03:19:58 AM
If Dan Trachtenberg is reading this, please don't make the Predator look like this

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7546dabae542062ea1ed10558731f578/430c3fe8331a1296-2d/s540x810/fa67d96c6ffedd89c36d6312e16dbf00b453ee84.jpg

Or this

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/bc/c9/c7bcc9865772e65cd97e01aaf4a5e935.jpg

Or these

https://i.imgur.com/FdYWlHj.jpg

In fact.... just don't hire ADI and hire other companies like Legacy Effects or something

Hadn't seen this photo before but I like the pre-vfx mandibles in this photo compared to the final shot, I wonder why they changed them?

https://www.artofvfx.com/the-predator-vfx-work-by-mpc/

**I always wondered if Stan Winston Studios purposely left out some "ingredient" (like some people do in family recipes) and that is why no VFX studio can get the mandible and connecting skin correct.

Just seems so simple to see how the mandibles opened/closed in first two movies and no one can replicate it.

BigDaddyJohn

From what Woodfruff and Gillis said IIRC, it's a choice from them to do the mandibles like that. At least that's what they said publicly.

Pearlhead

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 23, 2021, 12:51:00 PM
From what Woodfruff and Gillis said IIRC, it's a choice from them to do the mandibles like that. At least that's what they said publicly.

And yet, they still keep doing the bullshit Crabator design after so many complaints that the design choice they do with the Predator for each film is terrible? FFS!

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Pearlhead on Jan 23, 2021, 01:05:48 PM

And yet, they still keep doing the bullshit Crabator design after so many complaints that the design choice they do with the Predator for each film is terrible? FFS!

Maybe too much pride taking over on their side, from being criticized a lot on this matter, IDK. But I agree, I think it's bad and they should change their workplan now.

Kailem

*reads latest page of the thread*

Voodoo, is that you? :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 23, 2021, 01:59:58 PM
Quote from: Pearlhead on Jan 23, 2021, 01:05:48 PM

Maybe too much pride taking over on their side, from being criticized a lot on this matter, IDK. But I agree, I think it's bad and they should change their workplan now.

Or better yet, give another fx house a try please!

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 23, 2021, 04:39:58 PM

No  :laugh:

But is Pearlhead my new best fiend?

Pearlhead

Pearlhead

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 23, 2021, 04:39:58 PM

No  :laugh:

But is Pearlhead my new best fiend?

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3oeSAD00YsGzUPTmqA/giphy.gif

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed