Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 33,106 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 27, 2020, 10:34:20 PM
The concept of the Newborn was fine. I just wish that the regular adult creatures looked more like Aliens and less like generic space monsters, and I wish the Newborn had retained more of it's nightmarish qualities from the various concepts. There was one where it would have been the size of a human child, very thin built. That would have been really cool.

Me too!!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

All that goo, all over them, in every shots, that's the french touch for ya !  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, just something more like Big Chap without the cowl, perhaps still retaining the white colouration, would have been spot on for me.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Actually I never minded Newborn. He was a gross, grotesque genetic mutation so he works as that

SpreadEagleBeagle

I actually don't mind AVP as much as I used too. It is campy and have some effects that feel quite out of place, but the premise kind of works. I also appreciate that the Aliens aren't there just to serve as cannon fodder for the humans and punching bags for the Predators.

It easily ranks AVP higher than AVP:R and THE PRED while deferentially ranking below PREDS, A:R, P2 and PROM.

When it comes to the fleshy look of the Aliens I always attributed it to the fact that the way Predators have access to Aliens is through some kind of cloning. The bulky Predator look can be explained by cultural/ethnic or clan-specific differences and preferences.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think Anderson did well in researching the history of Alien and knowing about the temples and all that shiz in the early Alien works, he just can't pull his idea over into any semblance of a decent script.

He's like an idea guy who needs to hand off his story ideas to actual screenwriters.

I actually think he meant to do well and wasn't just trying to mail in a cheap cash in he just doesn't have the talent to do anything more than cheezy popcorn flicks. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed