Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,336 times)

Scorpio

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 14, 2016, 08:08:57 AM
'ALIEN: Isolation' was this series Renaissance. 

I'd give that to Prometheus..

Xenomania

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 14, 2016, 09:02:50 AM

In that case at least something good came out of it! ;)

whiterabbit

Like some have said in this thread, this could end up being a good thing. I don't mind having another Ripley Aliens picture but it is already long past due. It's likely they'll change the story to something more suitable. No offense to all the kids that absolutely love the idea of an alternative sequel to Aliens but Alien: Covenant is the one I'm banking on. Ridley Scott's trilogy is vastly more interesting than more "Aliens" movies and I f'n love Aliens!

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2016, 08:36:56 AM
The only thing that's on it's 'last life line' is the nonsensical belief that Ripley is indispensible.   If it means a retcon is avoided, then I'm actually all in favorfor the delay.

This really needs to happen soon. We keep hearing about 3.2 being a passing of the torch which I'll be glad to see happen but I still think the retcon is completely unnecessary. But like I keep saying...as long as it's good.

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 14, 2016, 08:32:20 AM
Development hell. :P I'd much rather see Isolation 2 or more good Alien games anyway.

I'm wondering if we might see something coming out in time for Covenant. Perhaps there's something that's in the works all sneaky sneaky.

I'm inclined to agree with the "as long as it's good" line of thinking. Having said that I'd much rather Blomkamp make an Aliens movie with original characters. It's just as easy to say that Alien Resurrection was a "what if" spin off and that Ripley's story ended with 3 (Yes Sigourney Weaver, you already gave Ripley a proper ending!) as it is to say Alien 3.2 will be a "what if".

So why don't we just forget about the "what ifs" and make something new!!!!!!!!!

TheBATMAN

Doubt very much it will happen now. Was there any reason it couldn't have just been shot but release delayed until after Covenant?

windebieste

Well, yeah.  I'd agree to that. 

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 14, 2016, 10:23:56 AM...I'd much rather Blomkamp make an Aliens movie with original characters. It's just as easy to say that Alien Resurrection was a "what if" spin off and that Ripley's story ended with 3 (Yes Sigourney Weaver, you already gave Ripley a proper ending!) as it is to say Alien 3.2 will be a "what if".

So why don't we just forget about the "what ifs" and make something new!!!!!!!!!

Yep.  Exactly what's needed.  This whole retcon nonsense is old and tired - just like the characters that are desperately being shoe horned back into the series with this ludicrous proposal.  As for it 'being any good' as a viable concern, any such level of quality is precluded by the desperation this proposal hinges on.   It's not going to be any good.  It's going to be the worst kind of fan service.  We've already seen it occur with Hicks sloppy return in 'A:CM'.  Except in Blomkamp's current proposal this erroneous insipid ideal is amplified threefold.  You can't tell me that Hicks return in that game added value to the property.  It was laughable at best. 

There's no need for a retcon.  It won't be any good, anyway.  If Blomkamp wants to make 'ALIENS 2' then he should concentrate on  fresh experience featuring a new batch of USCM and their encounters with xenos.  That will keep everyone happy.   End of story.

-Windebieste.

SwineRider

I get the impression that Sigourney Weaver will be dead until they decide to shoot the friggn movie...

Xenomorphine

Fox's studio manipulation strikes again...

FiorinaFury161

Definitely saw this coming. I think whiterabbit's comment said it best too.

Xeno from Chino

Xeno from Chino

YAY!!, By the time this movie is made, we'll be seeing Ripley using a walker slowly walking away from an alien chasing her, Ripley not being able to crouch into air shafts anymore due to back pain and forgetting her arthritis medication, and Ripley crashing the next escape shuttle by accident due to poor vision from aging. I can't wait for this movie now. Although, she might not have the ability to drive a power loader as I hear there is an age restriction for senior citizens. Although, if Ripley has bladder control problems in her senior years, maybe the alien chasing her will slip and fall from one of her accident puddles and she'll survive a fifth encounter with the alien.

Does Fox go out of their way to sabotage their own franchises? I really believe they do.

Denton Smalls

I'm not that bummed about this, only cause Blomkamp is a young guy and Sigourney/Biehn still have some years left on them, whereas Ridley is rapidly approaching the age of Peter Weyland lol.

Adam802

This really sucks if true.  Why does this great-sounding movie have to be delayed for inferior-sounding movies?  Urrgghh.  I still believe this movie is gonna def happen though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Avatar sequels were supposed to have started filming in New Zealand this past April. What exactly is the hold-up now?

This also matches up with what Alien 5 concept artist, Calum Alexander Watt said about being in for "a long wait". Wayne Haag also mentioned that the other two Alien prequels would be filmed before Alien 5.

That would be the fall of Rome.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 14, 2016, 03:04:39 PM
This also matches up with what Alien 5 concept artist, Calum Alexander Watt said about being in for "a long wait". Wayne Haag also mentioned that the other two Alien prequels would be filmed before Alien 5.

This is true. I'd been hoping Wayne was mistaken. But it'll be a long ass wait. I wouldn't have thought Ridley would film the others back-to-back either. I wonder if we're going to have to wait for all the Avatars. Is Jim filming those back-to-back?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Last time I heard Jim was going to film them back to back. Much cheaper that way, like how Peter Jackson filmed the Lord of the Rings films.

Doubt Ridley would film the last two prequels back-to-back though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed