Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!

Started by Anarchist86ed, Jan 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Author
Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama! (Read 88,333 times)

Anarchist86ed

Cast interview: Stephanie Carlson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VYQsBRv-k

Anarchist86ed

John. An Alien: Solara Short.

John is born into a new world that doesn't consider him alive, it only considers him property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi38DBx30pY

MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3ys3s92m3gdi4w/AlienSolaraJohn.mp3?dl=0

Corporal Hicks

Wow. All of the characters in that were voiced by the same actor? I'd have never noticed! That was great work.

So I have a question - and apologies if I've missed this in the other episodes - is John one of a kind? Because that's a whole lot of androids pretending otherwise!

Also, who choose Queen? AJ did a good job singing along to that.

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2018, 12:43:53 PM
Wow. All of the characters in that were voiced by the same actor? I'd have never noticed! That was great work.

So I have a question - and apologies if I've missed this in the other episodes - is John one of a kind? Because that's a whole lot of androids pretending otherwise!

Also, who choose Queen? AJ did a good job singing along to that.

Yep, all A.J.

John is one of a kind. They only made one of him. Obviously Walter won out, but he escaped recycling by pretending to be a Droid.

He also cost as much as the robo flops from RoboCop 2.

I chose queen. It seemed to fit with John's "awakening".

He also names the most precious life in the universe to him, and the "love" his creator told  him about. But we'll get to that later.

Anarchist86ed

Special announcement.

Hadley's hope may have been destroyed, or so everyone thinks, but that's not where the story of Acheron ends. It's only begun.

Charon, an Alien: Solara spinoff. Acheron still holds many secrets, and so does the forbidden planet known as LV-223. After the atmosphere processor explosion that killed 158 colonists, Weyland-Yutani has gained full control of the planet and decided to begin the second phase of colonization construction as radiation levels drop thanks to secondary processors. With permanent habitats already constructed far away from what was Hadley's hope, a new batch of colonists are on their way to make a new life working the recycling plant that was to make Acheron self sufficient and profitable. But there are many dangers and secrets on Acheron, and it's neighbors. Secrets that may once again doom this dark, cold little moon.

Anarchist86ed

"Mr. Deckard" an Alien: Solara short spinoff episode releases on Sunday.

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Mr. Deckard is a very complicated man and so was his mission to acquire fresh specimens from the derelict on LV-426.

Follow https://twitter.com/AlienSolara for updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V_ga_CaTb8

MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61p1u0a6n0pj4fh/MrDeckardAnAlienSolaraShort.mp3?dl=0

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/anarchist86ed/mr-deckard-an-alien-solara-short

Now for those fun references. Most will be obvious.

Ripley's debriefing at the beginning. This sets up the episode. But who were Deckard and the executive in the briefing? Use your imagination.

Glass of Malbec? The drink of choice of Dr. Reese in river of pain. It doesn't travel well.

The executive mentions the Nostromo was rerouted by some executives who knew it was a warning. Apparently the company did know it was a warning and sent the crew in anyway.

Priva son d'ogni conforto, the first Resurrection reference. Deckard enjoys it along with his signature cup of tea.

The second time Deckard drinks tea. Graham, for some reason, really liked Deckard drinking tea so I made a second nod to it.

"We've arrived at the river of pain". That's what Acheron is, and that's what it's called in Alien: River of pain.

FATHER, another Resurrection reference. There's a point to these references.

Father references sporadic Human life signs, one of which of course was Newt. He also lists off Hamsters and cows. Newt owned a hamster, and the marines in river of pain liked to go cow tipping.

Why Sulaco didn't scan for life signs? The Shinyo Maru scrambled them.

The Shinyo Maru was a ship of unknown class privately-owned by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. It was the second vessel that rediscovered the derelict ship on Acheron (LV-426) following the disastrous mission to Hadley's Hope in 2179. It was sent to ascertain the status of the Atmospheric Processing Plant. But I changed it's history a little bit.

The draco double burner prototype makes an appearance. This suggests that even though Wey-Yu allegedly went under in the future, their influence was still everywhere.

Tire tracks and that crack down the side. Newt's families crawler, and the crack was how they got into the derelict.

It was raining on the planet suggesting events at the colony were happening at the same time Deckard and his team were at the derelict.

Dropped gear and critter bodies. In river of pain Newt's parents mentioned finding bodies. The dropped gear could have been from the other colonists who investigated and were face hugged.

The mapping scanner is just the motion tracker with a retro screen static sound effect.

"There are no children there". Deckard was wrong, there was one there.

Deckard terminates the contracts with the date Aliens was released.

Light-plus engines were mentioned in an earlier draft from Alien. In fact dialogue was lifted from that script.

The Merc is yet another unsung hero who prevents the aliens from reaching Earth.

"Have a good journey, Mr. Deckard". David told Weyland to also have a good journey.

We know that Deckard encounters an engineer ship again, why doesn't he remember the one on Acheron? Executive Carter tells us why. "All you need to remember is special order 938". All evidence of the "adventure" had to be taken care of. When he encounters the engineer ship, he literally has no idea he's seen one before.

"The full work up" is something we won't learn about until the very last episode of Solara.

Special order 938 sits between 937 and 939.

Why did I have Graham do Burke when you can clearly hear Paul Reiser? This was not really my intention, but more of a problem. I covered him up as best I could.

It's suggested Burke may have nuked the colony and been given full blame for it, and in Charon, the upcoming spinoff, we'll learn more.

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! Will give that a download and listen to!

Anarchist86ed

Listen away, my friend. Listen away. We need the help.  ::)

Corporal Hicks

I plan on enjoying on the way to work tomorrow.  :)

Anarchist86ed

Indeed an honor to be liked by the hide and seek champion of 2179.  ;D

The Cruentus

I'm actually surprised she would say that. I remember Carrie Henn mentioning how she hated that line from the movie as people would keep quoting it to her, in different ways.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I listened to this a second time on the way to work this morning. In general, as per usual, I enjoyed it. You continue to put together a solid production!

Loved the opening and placing Deckard in there. Thought it was a nice move. The difference in audio quality was a tiny bit noticeable but not really sure what you could have done there to deliberately improve or lower the quality of the two different audio?

I liked the idea of sending a pick-up to the Derelict. However, thought it was silly to have them also alert the Marines. I feel like it would have been far smarter to have them not get involved with the marines and instead Deckard has to beat them there. Seemed counter-intuitive.

QuoteThe Shinyo Maru was a ship of unknown class privately-owned by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. It was the second vessel that rediscovered the derelict ship on Acheron (LV-426) following the disastrous mission to Hadley's Hope in 2179. It was sent to ascertain the status of the Atmospheric Processing Plant. But I changed it's history a little bit.

That's a Tech Manual reference IIRC?

QuoteThe draco double burner prototype makes an appearance. This suggests that even though Wey-Yu allegedly went under in the future, their influence was still everywhere.

I was honestly expecting that to be the Assault Rifle from Colonial Marines when he was talking about it! Nice to see some Resurrection references - some oblique ones that I only see now you've pointed them out. You really do put some hard work into that!

QuoteWe know that Deckard encounters an engineer ship again, why doesn't he remember the one on Acheron? Executive Carter tells us why. "All you need to remember is special order 938". All evidence of the "adventure" had to be taken care of. When he encounters the engineer ship, he literally has no idea he's seen one before.

"The full work up" is something we won't learn about until the very last episode of Solara.

I assume the "full work up" is the memory wipe! Though, kind of makes me wonder why they didn't just do that with the mercenaries. It was interesting to see Deckard go full badass, though. Not a side of him we've seen so far!

Oh, I wasn't keen on the over-use of Suit as a nickname. I get it and I think it works. But damn, he just kept on saying it and saying it. Got a bit eye-rolly.

QuoteIt's suggested Burke may have nuked the colony and been given full blame for it, and in Charon, the upcoming spinoff, we'll learn more.

I liked the idea that the company could do it if a colony tried to declare independence. I don't think it works in Aliens, though. There's nothing in Aliens that would make me think that was a likely thing.

As I said at the beginning though. Over all, I continue to enjoy your work. Really glad you're actively putting these out and the production is great.

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 27, 2018, 12:21:53 AM

I think you really need to branch out from Twitter. It's so small compared to Facebook. You could do with a well organized website, a Facebook page for the show and to get involved in the active Facebook groups.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 28, 2018, 10:51:30 AM
I'm actually surprised she would say that. I remember Carrie Henn mentioning how she hated that line from the movie as people would keep quoting it to her, in different ways.

She's embraced fandom so much in the last few years. I don't think she's embarrassed by it anymore.

Oh, I was curious as to what program you were using to edit btw?

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 29, 2018, 07:27:26 AM
I listened to this a second time on the way to work this morning. In general, as per usual, I enjoyed it. You continue to put together a solid production!

Loved the opening and placing Deckard in there. Thought it was a nice move. The difference in audio quality was a tiny bit noticeable but not really sure what you could have done there to deliberately improve or lower the quality of the two different audio?

I liked the idea of sending a pick-up to the Derelict. However, thought it was silly to have them also alert the Marines. I feel like it would have been far smarter to have them not get involved with the marines and instead Deckard has to beat them there. Seemed counter-intuitive.

QuoteThe Shinyo Maru was a ship of unknown class privately-owned by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation. It was the second vessel that rediscovered the derelict ship on Acheron (LV-426) following the disastrous mission to Hadley's Hope in 2179. It was sent to ascertain the status of the Atmospheric Processing Plant. But I changed it's history a little bit.

That's a Tech Manual reference IIRC?

QuoteThe draco double burner prototype makes an appearance. This suggests that even though Wey-Yu allegedly went under in the future, their influence was still everywhere.

I was honestly expecting that to be the Assault Rifle from Colonial Marines when he was talking about it! Nice to see some Resurrection references - some oblique ones that I only see now you've pointed them out. You really do put some hard work into that!

QuoteWe know that Deckard encounters an engineer ship again, why doesn't he remember the one on Acheron? Executive Carter tells us why. "All you need to remember is special order 938". All evidence of the "adventure" had to be taken care of. When he encounters the engineer ship, he literally has no idea he's seen one before.

I assume the "full work up" is the memory wipe! Though, kind of makes me wonder why they didn't just do that with the mercenaries. It was interesting to see Deckard go full badass, though. Not a side of him we've seen so far!

Oh, I wasn't keen on the over-use of Suit as a nickname. I get it and I think it works. But damn, he just kept on saying it and saying it. Got a bit eye-rolly.

QuoteIt's suggested Burke may have nuked the colony and been given full blame for it, and in Charon, the upcoming spinoff, we'll learn more.

I liked the idea that the company could do it if a colony tried to declare independence. I don't think it works in Aliens, though. There's nothing in Aliens that would make me think that was a likely thing.

As I said at the beginning though. Over all, I continue to enjoy your work. Really glad you're actively putting these out and the production is great.

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 27, 2018, 12:21:53 AM

I think you really need to branch out from Twitter. It's so small compared to Facebook. You could do with a well organized website, a Facebook page for the show and to get involved in the active Facebook groups.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 28, 2018, 10:51:30 AM

She's embraced fandom so much in the last few years. I don't think she's embarrassed by it anymore.

Oh, I was curious as to what program you were using to edit btw?

I wanted to use audio from the river of pain audio drama, but it didn't work out. I couldn't justify spending money on it just for that. We is poor.

I thought about them getting there before the Marines, but the derelict was more fun to return to.

The full work up is not a memory wipe. It's something very... Special order related.

Calling him suit is more an insult. Notice in Solara he's only called a stiff suit once.

It seemed unlikely some bullets could cause such problems. I figured Burke was a perfect Patsy. If you think about it, the plan makes sense. He didn't want to wait for rescue, and was a greedy little weasel. He could have set the processor to go off to motivate the retrieval of the drop ship. Obviously he'd know they had another. But it was a gamble they'd be able to even try.

You need 500 likes to make a Facebook named Solara. We can't get that many listens.

I use Sony Vegas. It's easier.

Anarchist86ed

Alien: Solara. Cast interview: AJ Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYr0GYuPC_s

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed