AvP Released at Wal-Mart Early

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 09:47:31 AM

Author
AvP Released at Wal-Mart Early (Read 18,949 times)

heady89

heady89

Again @alpha  they're still not allowed to official sell it until 16th , 19th however sometimes they will send copies days before so people have it in their inbox on release day or one day before.

heady89

heady89

Besides your product on PC at least is useless until 16th anyway.

Luke

Luke

The Q an A said no queen in multiplayer, sorry alien fans, maybe for DLC? A "bring down the queen player" gametype like avp2 perhaps?

thegreekgods

thegreekgods

Well to be safe us Americans should just curl up on the couch and wait for the good stores like Gamestop to open Tuesday and then run in to go get the game so we don't get fined.

Salmonman

Salmonman

Walmart probably won't get fined for breaking Street Date. No one will most likely.

Walmart can risk it alot more than independent retailers though. They also have better lawyers to contest fines and such if they wish.

heady89

heady89

@thegreekgods  

They don't fine individuals, it's not your responsibility as a customer, it's the retailers responsibility to not sell it until they're allowed to.

ROFLrawrDinosor

Why cant they just releas it today :( !!!!!!!

The Son of Paragus

You CANNOT get a fine if you BUY it in a store (like walmart) but the STORE ITSELF can. Depends wich contracts are made ofcourse. Sometimes the release date is just an indication.

@The store where i work, the goods come in 2 or at least 1 day ahead, only for the fact that itll be instore on the day of release at opening times. Not to be sold when you recieve it. I expect AVP to come in this wednesday or Thursday. (Europe)

alpha defekt

Never has our store been fined for a game that clearly isn't street dated if sold early. Why? because they can't be. Certain games clearly have a street date warning on or in the box. Avp in our computer isn't such a title. So you ca be damn sure our store would sell it before the 16th if we got it in early. Sue me. ;)

The Son of Paragus

@Alpha Defekt: Same here, i wouldnt be surprised if it would be released Wednesday, though i also hope my personal order of the hunter edition will be delivered too by then.

Alex

Alex

I got assassin's creed 2 a day before release here in the uk, was that dated? I guess they send a few days early so you get it on the day, I suppose it's possible to receive a day or two  early? I dunno how avp and ac2 compare in terms of legalities though...

Mike’s Monsters

I just did a run to 3 of my local Wal-Mart's here in Washington.

Nothing.

Rem

Rem

@Mikey,i did the same [New York] looking for the console version.
Nothing.

alpha defekt

Yeah. I was sadened by the news of it not being street dated. Because normally non sd titles come out the day after ship date. In this case AvP's shipdate is the 16th meaning it would hit most retail stores on the 17th after coming off of flight shipments from the 16th. However ...seeing the news of it selling at Walmarts already gives me hope of a possible 16th sale. Fingers crossed!!!

Cloud

Cloud

alpha it comes out on the 16th x_x Hence why it says release date 16th not 16th plus waiting for shipment

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed