AvP Released at Wal-Mart Early

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 09:47:31 AM

Author
AvP Released at Wal-Mart Early (Read 18,947 times)

Predator - bounty hunter

Predator - bounty hunter

Oh yeah,this is looks like Counter-Strike!   :o      ;D  

Mikkas

Mikkas

@ RoaryUK - A:CM has never been cancelled, it was only rumours.

TheBatman

TheBatman

If play.com has it in stock then by all means go for it. I have had loads of things off them 1, 2 even 3 days early.

EU gamer

EU gamer

Don`t you just love different release dates on different continents?    >:(     Why is it so hard to release the game the same day around the world? No wonder piracy is blooming, because of this kind of BS!

Deathly_rYaN

Walmart is just doing this to make money, if this game wasnt street dated how come gmestop(US) aint selling it. I WANT MY HUNTER EDITION!!!

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

hey guys i pre-ordered avp with play.com on the 3rd of feb. but one thing is worryin me....thy havnt took any cash out of my bank. but i got a email sayin its gettin dispactched and etc.  should it of been paid for by now or is it becuase its a pre-order or something? need help   :-[      ???      ???  

TheBatman

TheBatman

Drakolowe they will send you another e-mail when it is confirmed dispatched. You don't always get something early off them but you never know. I got Wolverine DVD five days early last year.

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

This sucks!!! SEGA should release the game now!!!!!!! a lot of people are gonna be upset with this!.

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

cheers batman, if i dont recieve ths email by wed, im off the the local store to buy it friday morning.

alpha defekt

Because they are effin walmart. They get better shipments then other stores. Gamestop isn't selling it because they don't have it in yet. Just like myself. I'm currently at my gamestore working and wishing it was in so I can sell it to others and myself. :P Maybe monday will be the lucky day, but doubtful.

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

i have decided i am not touchin tht feckin demo again. this is going to be one HELL of a long week!!!   >:(  

Sergei Dragonuv

So, Wal-mart has released it then?

The Son of Paragus

I work in a Multimediashop and rules go as follows:

Games are not to be sold before releasedate unless there is a strict conformation concurrentstores sell before you.

Or you can sell them when the supplier gives a green light.

If you do sell, (wich is always shown in the computer) you can expect fines up to 10.000 (€) So just play nice :P and stay out of trouble

Salmonman

Salmonman

Once again.

Play.com will have copies, But do not have the ability to distribute copies until a date specified by the publisher. If they do so, They will be in breach of contract and fined.
They aren't going to take a fine (last I heard, £30,000) happily.
They're allowed to dispatch to guarantee Release Day arrival, so Thursday is likely.

Play.com do not debit you until the order is Dispatched.

Retailers like Wal-mart, who are huge moneymaking machines can risk the fines.
You'll also see retailers like Wal-mart doing Release Day specials.

For example. In the UK, MW2 and Fifa 10 were £25 on release day because the massive sales they have will offset the lesser profit per sale.

AvP isn't on that scale of release so don't expect that however.

Alpha Defekt:
AvP is street dated. 16th in the US. 19th in UK.
Release date = Street Day.

alpha defekt

Again, Walmart isn't going to be fined. This title is not street dated. Sure it was supposed to release the 16th, but if stores get it early they can begin selling as soon as possible. I'm looking in my computer at work right now. It doesn't have 'street dated' written next to it like other big release titles. So buy it if u find it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed