The Space Jockey

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Author
The Space Jockey (Read 46,432 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 19, 2009, 10:04:35 PM
Quote from: brennan4 on Dec 18, 2009, 09:25:31 PM
I'm sure there would be some mentions of the space jockey. Keep in mind how hard Ridley fought to get it in the movie.

Really? I never knew that. Why?

Budget concerns.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Well I'm glad he fought to keep that in there. That's probably one of the creepiest moments in the film for me.

Mr. Slugworth

Mr. Slugworth

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Jockey in this next movie. I'm 30 years old, been watching these movies literally my whole life (my mom saw the original when she was pregnant), and to be honest, I'm almost bored of the "space jockey mystery". If any other director other than Ridley was doing this next film, I'd say don't touch the jockey... but he's the man, and I'd love to see what he does with it.

But I understand that it is one of the great movie-mysteries... and I doubt we'll see much of the jockey, if at all. A reference or a snapshot would be nice though.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Jockey should never be explained...somethings are left better to the imagination...why was it there?  Was it transporting the Alien as a weapon?  Did they create the alien?  That is what people are talking about 20 some years after the film....don't ruin that.

SM

SM

The fact that people are talking about it though, may indicate they want an answer.

EarthHive

EarthHive

The thing is..don't give them one.  Let them discuss it...think about it...come up with their own explanations.  That is more fun.

SM

SM

No arguments from me - but I'm sure there are lots of people who'd want the Jockey's explained or at least fleshed out (see what I did there?) in the prequel.

Brother

Brother

+1 for the jockey.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

I think the fact of not knowing much information about the Jockey is what makes it so interesting. Keep the Space Jockey in the shadows. That's what made the original Alien so creepy. You saw just enough of the  Alien, but not too much. A quick strike, or slow look around a corner with a short flash of the Alien.

I would definitely like for the Space Jockey to be a part of the film. I think it needs to be, but don't reveal everything about them.

Master

Master

Maybe not a living Jockey, but an Alien Drone from the one in chair from A1 would be very nice idea.

Seraph

Seraph

Are there any limits to what the facehugger can attach to? In the first AvP comics it could attach to a big rhino's head. In the first Alien movie, it could attach to a gigantic Jockey head.

And look at the size of the hole in the chest! Whatever came out of the Space Jockey was HUGE. And it's just a kid too. Wonder where the Jockey alien went though... that's another mystery.

Master

Master

And good idea for prequel.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Why the term Jockey? What makes it a jockey?

Also, the thing is massive so how the hell can one of those face huggers attack it? Are the facehuggers like the toy Stretch Armstrong?

I don't like the idea of the Space Jockeys being the ones who created the Aliens. Let nature take the credit.

SM

SM

QuoteWhat makes it a jockey?

Same thing that makes the Nostromo crew tug jockies.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Can a facehugger attach to a T-Rex? lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed