Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
13 (48.1%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
6 (22.2%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
1 (3.7%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (14.8%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 4,148 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 21, 2022, 12:29:25 PM
Yeah I had the same thought, but Steve Asbell mentioned in that interview recently that they're still working on several projects with him after Napoleon, so there's that..

Fingers crossed. Ridley's definitely still in their good graces as producer, at least, what with the Noah Hawley show and Fede Álvarez movie (and Asbell seems to have a particular affection for Ridley and his prequels, based on his Twitter posts) and the recent Kenneth Branagh Hercule Poirot movies.

I wonder what particular (Alien-related or otherwise) film(s) Asbell might be referring to, that Scott apparently has up his sleeve as a director at 20th. It'd have to be something after Gladiator 2 at this point. :D

BlueMarsalis79

Disney always wants to build brands, they do not rock the boat, if he ever got to make another Alien prequel they would absolutely make an effort to not incur the criticisms that the others incurred even if they miss the point and create new ones.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 21, 2022, 01:24:48 PM
Disney always wants to build brands, they do not rock the boat

This is the main thing that worries me. I'd much rather see risks taken, even if they don't all land, than see them simply play safe and just retread Alien/Aliens (as The Force Awakens is to A New Hope).

For the many issues I have with the sound of certain elements Hawley show (namely the Prometheus-era, pre-Alien Earth setting), I'm at least intrigued by the fact that it seems to be leaning into/expanding on ideas that go beyond what was just in the first couple movies.

But as I've said a few times, I am all for seeing - and explicitly want to see - new filmmakers come in and really put their own stamp on the material. That's the whole fun of Alien as an ongoing franchise to me, the way it is always reinventing itself under the guiding hand of some real A-level filmmakers with very distinct voices. I just really wish that the Ridley Scott prequels would have gotten a chance to properly wrap up before we kickstarted this particular wave of new films/shows from new filmmakers that we're about to enter with Hawley and Álvarez.

And I also wish Alien's entire future wasn't locked into Hulu, but I digress there...

BlueMarsalis79

Well that's exactly what I'm saying and they have already stated openly, the films on Hulu can do whatever they want essentially as can Noah Hawley, but any big event Theatrical Film? Like a final prequel, or an AVP film, will be played safe.

Some Old Dude

I honestly don't think we'll see aliens on earth. It seems more like we'll see what it's like from Earths perspective when stuff goes down that would go down in a usual Alien movie.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed