The Drawing Thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 20, 2022, 03:56:12 AM

Author
The Drawing Thread (Read 15,229 times)

xxx

xxx

The birthday one hits particularly hard for me...it is F'd up world these days...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I draw a couple of spaceships. I've always been obsessed with hammerhead spaceships for a reason. ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: xxx on May 23, 2022, 07:56:18 AMThe birthday one hits particularly hard for me...it is F'd up world these days...

I like (as much as one can use that word towards subject matter) that one a lot too, execution maybe not so much but the idea itself. That image just appeared in my head, I thought "What life turning upside down in one day should feel like ?"

May 23, 2022, 10:45:39 AM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 23, 2022, 08:04:55 AMI draw a couple of spaceships. I've always been obsessed with hammerhead spaceships for a reason. ;D

https://i.ibb.co/wd3LtXh/IMG-20220523-011139-815.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/2Fm2qDj/IMG-20220523-005131-406.jpg

I like it when an artist has some balls to use bright vivid colours. Good job !

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 23, 2022, 09:44:09 AMMay 23, 2022, 10:45:39 AM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 23, 2022, 08:04:55 AMI draw a couple of spaceships. I've always been obsessed with hammerhead spaceships for a reason. ;D

https://i.ibb.co/wd3LtXh/IMG-20220523-011139-815.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/2Fm2qDj/IMG-20220523-005131-406.jpg

I like it when an artist has some balls to use bright vivid colours. Good job !

Thank you! I like to use bright colors to highlight my amateur drawings, I feel like that does them some justice sometimes. I still have a lot to improve, but since it's just a hobby I really enjoy it.  ;D :)

Kradan

Kradan

"War" series has been put on hold atm because life. Here's something instead I did with hands, glue, scissors and some colour paper staying around, smelling and being useless. Hope you all like it

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

My most recent Alien-Predator themed drawings.

Kradan

Kradan

Project Alpha #1

Spoiler
DATE CLASSIFIED, ACCESS ONLY FOR LEVEL 4 EMPLOYEES

TRANSMISSION BEGINS IN 3, 2, 1

- So why do they call him Dr. Brain ?

- You're the new one, aren't you ?

- Yes sir, I was assigned last week

- I thought so. Well, it's not his real name, of course, it's more of a nickname. He earned it after he succesfully performed an extraction of his own brain, put it in a jar and then attached it back to his neural system

- Everybody reacts like that) Also, there was an accident ...

- Accident, sir ?

- Yes. An explosion. His spine absorbed most of the damage. Unfortunately, it costed him ability to walk. That didn't stop him, of course

- I see

- He's quite harmless by himself. He's good buliding devices, that's for sure. But we are more interested in his connection with her. Do you know who I'm talking about ?

- Yes, sir

- She kidnapped him, exploited power of his mind and she was quite good at it. Eventually they developed a connection, somehow he find a key to her heart. I don't know, maybe she just likes nerds

- She wasn't directly involved but she stole some valuable items. Our goverment wouldn't want to see these items in the possesion of a terrorist organisation

-Understood

END OF TRANSMISSION
[close]

Project Alpha #2

Spoiler
DATE CLASSIFIED. ACCESS ONLY FOR LEVEL 4 EMPLOYEES

TRANSMISSION BEGINS IN 3, 2, 1

- Were the experiments with convicts authorised ?

-No, nobody knew

- How did you do it ?

- We pick the one with the best physical parameters. Organised his escape. He helped us in return

- Helped you ?

- Well, he didn't have much of a choice after we got him. Frankly, I think he would've prefered to stay in prison. He would've at least stayed ... human

- What is his name ?

- Hell if remember. We didn't care what his name was, we just needed a lab rat. All of the documents were lost afterwards, you should've known that

- Not all of them

- Really ? You, guys are quite good at you rjob, I'll give you that. We gave him a nickname

- What nickname ?

- Well, as a joke we started to call him Mr. Blob. Heh, funny, isn't it ? ... Oh, you people don't have sense of humour. Anyway, he didn't like that nickname either, you can say he hated it, as much as he was still capble of such an emotion. It was hillarious watching him try to break the glass

END OF TRANSMISSION
[close]

Project Alpha #3

Spoiler
DATE CLASSIFIED. ACCESS ONLY FOR LEVEL 4 EMPLOYEES

- Retrievement operation was a complete failure

- Sir, I can explain ...

- Don't interrupt me. Your people were sent to get this thing and what do I hear ? Entirety of the group was lost and that thing is still running loose ! What should I tell my superiors now ? I should just give them you on the plate and let them eat you alive.

- What the hell happened, goddamit? I thought you would've chosen only the best for such a operation. Looks like you sent school boys instead

- Sir, these were the best men I ever trained and I ...

- Cut the bullshit, what happened ?

- They were slaughtered, sir

- Slaughtered ?

- Yes. Their bodies were covered in cut wounds, laying in the puddles of their own blood. Cuts were very clean and precise, sir, it knew the location of the most important arteries, they wouldn't have lasted more than 5 minutes. But that's not all, sir ...

- What else ?

- We sent 12 men. Afterwards we found only 11 bodies

- What are you saying ?

- One body is missing, sir ...

END OF TRANSMISSION
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Project Alpha #4

Spoiler
DATE CLASSIFIED. ACCESS FOR LEVEL 4 EMPLOYEES ONLY

TRANSMISSION BEGINS IN 3,2,1

"After everything started to fall apart, some of the scientists got a little loose with their hands.. "Substance" was amongst the long list of stolen items. And probably one of the most valuable ones ... "Substance" was first discovered by the inhabitants of a polar research station, buried under 3 meters of ice. As was discovered later that lifeform cannot function properly in sub-zero areas, low temperatures put it into hibernating state. Otherwise it proved to be quite adaptable. And quite aggressive too. In fact, every biological matter it came into contact with was rapidly assimilated ... It's interesting to note that "substance" seems to inherit some of the behavior patterns and memories from its victims. Which begs the question: what would happen if "substance" came into contact with a human being ?.."

END OF TRANSMISSION
[close]

Project Alpha #5

Spoiler
DATE CLASSIFIED. ACCESS FOR LEVEL $ EMPLOYEES ONLY

TRANSMISSION BEGINS IN 3,2,1

- During our investigation we discovered that there're several groups that are interested in the same subject matter. Most of them are, of course, your usual suspects: foreign spies, black market traders, arms dealers, terrorists etc. But there's one group ... I don't know how exactly to put it in words. Let's just say, it's hard to determine nature and origins of that group using only good old scientific aproach

- What do you mean ?

- I hate to say things like this, sir, but I think we're dealing with some sort of ... paranormal beigns here. In simpler terms, I don't believe they are from our side of reality

- You gotta be shitting me, son. You want me to believe that we're dealing with ghosts here ?

- Not ghosts, sir, at least, not quite. It's hard to say exactly what they are. I understand your distrust, sir, I wouldn't believe it either If I were you. But let me ask you one question, sir

- What question ?

- Have you ever seen holy water doing something like this to a person before ?

END OF TRANSMISSION
[close]

Project Alpha #6

Spoiler
DATE CLASSIFIED. ACCESS FOR LEVEL 4 EMPLOYEES ONLY

TRANSIMISSION BEGINS IN 3, 2, 1

- Experiments with enhancement serum were complete and utter failure

- Why do you think he continued ?

- Not sure. He was a strange case, an idealist type. Maybe he thought he was still doing it for the better of humanity. Or maybe he enjoyed playing God too much

- Sounds like him

- Yes. He kept trying to modify formula, to lessen the severity of side effects

- And ?

- Nothing. All of them sooner or later went crazy. I don't know how he was still getting test subjects. If I was the manager of that place I would've shut down these tests the next day after the incident

- He had one positive result though

- Huh ? Ah, yes. A girl, right ? Well, I don't know how you can call that "a possitive result". She had amnesia afterwards and went completely mute.

- She wasn't as aggresive as the others though. At least, when they were not trying to make her behave with stun batons ...

END OF TRANSMISSION
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

My drawing of a 'Fight'   🙈

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 23, 2022, 08:04:55 AMhttps://i.ibb.co/2Fm2qDj/IMG-20220523-005131-406.jpg

I like the design of this spaceship. Reminds me of Welsh sci-fi artist, Jim Burns' sleek, almost organic spaceships.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 06, 2022, 03:00:05 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 23, 2022, 08:04:55 AMhttps://i.ibb.co/2Fm2qDj/IMG-20220523-005131-406.jpg

I like the design of this spaceship. Reminds me of Welsh sci-fi artist, Jim Burns' sleek, almost organic spaceships.

You're the kindlest scholar of Ridley Scott filmography ever. Thank you!  :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I know, I know, we Ridley Scott scholars are usually a pretty dour lot.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 09, 2022, 10:17:16 AMI know, I know, we Ridley Scott scholars are usually a pretty dour lot.

Not you.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 09, 2022, 10:17:16 AMI know, I know, we Ridley Scott scholars are usually a pretty dour lot.

Because of his predilection for half-helmets?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Half-helmets, dumbass scientists, giant albinos in space jockey suits, crazy androids creating ancient space monsters, the works.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed