Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
17 (34.7%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
12 (24.5%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
2 (4.1%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (8.2%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 19,066 times)

Immortan Jonesy

What are your theories on this. How do you think the Alien will get to Earth in the Noah series?

Nightmare Asylum

Corporal Hicks

As far as I'm concerned Sil is an Engineer weapon broadcast into space to wipe out civilisations before they become too advanced.

Kailem

The Predators will deliver one to Weyland-Yutani in a stasis pod after travelling back in time with it.

Local Trouble

It should be something the company can't reproduce after it's inevitably destroyed or lost.

Kailem

Which, if it's a prequel, we already know it will be.

Kimarhi

I've kind of kept my self spoiler free from this, but have they officially said the Alien will be on earth?

Maybe Earth is the hub of the story but everything else is off world or something. 

Kailem

Yeah the initial official announcement, as well as the most recent producer comments, confirmed it's set on Earth.

Kradan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 19, 2022, 08:37:05 PM
Maybe Earth is the hub of the story but everything else is off world or something. 

I bloody hope so

Nightmare Asylum

From Hawley, back in July 2021:

QuoteIt's not a Ripley story. She's one of the great characters of all time, and I think the story has been told pretty perfectly, and I don't want to mess with it. It's a story that's set on Earth also. The alien stories are always trapped... Trapped in a prison, trapped in a space ship. I thought it would be interesting to open it up a little bit so that the stakes of "What happens if you can't contain it?" are more immediate.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/alien-tv-series-noah-hawley

The intent is definitely to bring the Aliens themselves to Earth.

Kradan

Ingwar

In Noah I trust. What he did with Fargo is true masterclass. I'm not worried at all about Alien series.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

In the movie The Tomorrow War, the protagonists discover that the alien outbreak originated from a spaceship buried in a glacier millennia ago. With climate change the ice melted and the monsters woke up to take over the world. Furthermore, the characters theorize that the aliens and the ship were biological arsenal created by an unknown alien civilization, and that humans may or may not be the target. I couldn't help but mentalize the same scenario but with the Aliens & Engineers. Anyhow, something on that scale in the Prometheus era and before 1979's Alien is impossible.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2022, 04:24:47 PM
As far as I'm concerned Sil is an Engineer weapon broadcast into space to wipe out civilisations before they become too advanced.

Amen to that.

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 19, 2022, 09:57:23 PM
In Noah I trust. What he did with Fargo is true masterclass. I'm not worried at all about Alien series.

I feel the same

David_4004

Maybe they will explore the origin of the order 937. And, the person who issued it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: David_4004 on Feb 20, 2022, 04:54:11 AM
Maybe they will explore the origin of the order 937. And, the person who issued it.

https://www.scified.com/topics/3080854494469397.jpg

Hopefully the worldbuilding includes the exploration of interesting details like that one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed