Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 71,264 times)

Space Sweeper

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Vickers on Apr 12, 2012, 10:42:55 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 12, 2012, 10:34:33 AM
Quote from: Darkoo on Apr 11, 2012, 12:41:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEIcn9DemMc#
Ughhhh, fuggin' paparazzi freaks.

Indeed.  I'd feel claustrophobic.

Ha ha i'm there in that video ^^
I stayed away from the crowd.
Papparazzi are not the worst here.
It's the fans.
One guy has almost hugging Scott to get a f**king poster signed.
Later i was at their hotel and those f**king groupies were there too.
Get a life you f**ks.

Valaquen

Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 12, 2012, 10:04:22 AM
Sorry Valaqueen ;)
Maaaan, that's my fiance's name  ;)

NGR01

NGR01

Woops sorry again then ^^

NGR01

NGR01

Yep i'm talking about those leech fans that almost assaulted the crew.
I got a life and a decent job thank you for caring ;)
And no i'm not like them, i don't care for signed posters or such stuff. Really not my cup of tea.
Especially when it means assaulting an artist like they did.

Glaive

So Ridley and Co arrived AFTER the footage was shown??

NGR01

NGR01

In Paris yes,
the footage then "and now please welcome Sir Ridley Scott & co".
Later at an hotel nearby they made one on one interviews with the big french medias.

CanisMajoris

So, Ridley said that the runtime of the movie is 1:59 and its very tight an its what it should be...... he also said that there was a longer version of it (extra 17 minutes)
But I still can't believe how the EPIC movie with some huge thematic elements can be so "short"   :-\

Kol

Kol

Quote from: CanisMajoris on Apr 12, 2012, 02:17:39 PM
So, Ridley said that the runtime of the movie is 1:59 and its very tight an its what it should be...... he also said that there was a longer version of it (extra 17 minutes)
But I still can't believe how the EPIC movie with some huge thematic elements can be so "short"   :-\

yup, very disappointing. they did compare it, from the start to the nearly 4 hour blockbuster "lawrence of arabia" and now it turns to be half of it's size. what a shit load of f**k...  :-[

NGR01

NGR01

2 hours is not short especially if the movie gets down to business fast.
Like it seems to be the case.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 12, 2012, 02:22:47 PM
2 hours is not short especially if the movie gets down to business fast.
Like it seems to be the case.

it's too short.

Prime113

Hmmm  :-\ I wish it was about two and half hours, but I wish that upon every movie I am excited for. 1:59 isn't bad, but you'll have to take away at least 7 minutes of credits, so we're down to 1:52, atleast. Nitpicking, I know.

Also, we have to remember that we are dealing with one of the greediest companies out there. I wouldn't put it past FOX to make Ridley cut it down 45 minutes or so to fit another showing in per day.

ThisBethesdaSea

4 hours is NOT a viable running time for something that could potentially make loads of cash. If a film is 3 hours, that means less showings...of course, this may mean nothing as Titanic and Avatar have 3 hour run times.....but Scott doesn't have that kind of credibility. If Prometheus does gangbusters then he can make the sequel as long as he wants it. I hope it does 100+ million the first weekend...then Ridley will be able to do whatever he wants for the foreseeable future.

CanisMajoris

Well, the ALIEN was even shorter..... But even Ridley said that it was just a C story done in an A way......just a killing of bench of people in the claustrophobic environment .... "alien felt EPIC, but this IS EPIC" c RS.

But how then??  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed