Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 19, 2022, 04:01:34 PM

How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series?

There's a Engineer ship / Facility on Earth
17 (35.4%)
They found something somewhere close to Earth, like the moon, Mars, or the moons of Jupiter
12 (25%)
Space radio signal on alien DNA plus instructions (Species)
2 (4.2%)
They find AVP's Queen :laugh:
4 (8.3%)
It was a misunderstanding by the producer, and the series takes place after 1979's Alien
13 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author
Theories - How do you think the Alien will arrive on Earth in the Noah series? (Read 18,839 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 19, 2022, 09:57:23 PM
In Noah I trust. What he did with Fargo is true masterclass. I'm not worried at all about Alien series.

You know who else said "in [BLANK] we trust"?  Lots and lots of people in regards to Shane Black in the run up to the release of The Predator.

Nightmare Asylum

The Species 'embedded blueprint' concept is actually something that Raised By Wolves has riffed on, in a sense, as well. In season one, it is revealed that...

Spoiler
The blueprints for the show's Necromancer androids (like the main character Mother) were not actually developed by the Mithraic forces on Earth, but rather, were found embedded within ancient Mithraic scripture. The Mithraic merely built the Necromancer machines according to schematics that they believe came from their god Sol, when in all actuality they likely that they were embedded there ages ago by whatever the "Signal" posing as Sol on Kepler-22b is.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 20, 2022, 11:13:34 AM
My point is that even though the show takes place on earth, that doesn't necessarily mean the Aliens featured were found there or close to it.

I wonder if Noah had all that in mind, and as you point out, Mars was fully colonized by Weyland.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2022, 01:24:49 PM
The Species 'embedded blueprint' concept is actually something that Raised By Wolves has riffed on, in a sense, as well. In season one, it is revealed that...

Spoiler
The blueprints for the show's Necromancer androids (like the main character Mother) were not actually developed by the Mithraic forces on Earth, but rather, were found embedded within ancient Mithraic scripture. The Mithraic merely built the Necromancer machines according to schematics that they believe came from their god Sol, when in all actuality they likely that they were embedded there ages ago by whatever the "Signal" posing as Sol on Kepler-22b is.
[close]

Speaking of which, can you imagine that for Noah, what David did in Covenant is like when the Mithraic designed the Necromancer to fight against atheists, using an ancient blueprint?  :laugh:

Ingwar

Quote from: St_Eddie on Feb 20, 2022, 12:42:30 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 19, 2022, 09:57:23 PM
In Noah I trust. What he did with Fargo is true masterclass. I'm not worried at all about Alien series.

You know who else said "in [BLANK] we trust"?  Lots and lots of people in regards to Shane Black in the run up to the release of The Predator.

I wasn't one of them. Plus I don' like Black's movies.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 20, 2022, 08:37:10 PM
Speaking of which, can you imagine that for Noah, what David did in Covenant is like when the Mithraic designed the Necromancer to fight against atheists, using an ancient blueprint?  :laugh:

That's almost certainly the route I expect them to go now, as far as retconning David as the creator goes. The only alternative would be straight up wiping Prometheus and Covenant from the continuity, which I guess is possible (they did it with the AVPs, thankfully), but retconning David into merely re-inventing (and not being aware of the "re-" part of his place in all of this) the Alien seems to be the more likely route for them to take.

I still think the best route forward would be to just set any future stories, including Hawley's show here, after the events of the prequels, and simply just not acknowledging the exact origin of the eggs on hand in any specific instance. I also think that anything set on Earth should absolutely not be set prior to Alien, but hey, that's just me!

A post-Alien 3 setting would have been perfect here for both setting this series on Earth without stepping on the original trilogy's toes, and for being able to play fast and loose with the David as creator angle. Pre-Alien, like they're doing here, ends up just stepping on every installment's toes.

I really wonder what, specifically, is the main narrative thread that makes this a story that has to be set prior to Alien? Prior to the release of Covenant and the revelation of David as creator, which firmly set the story pre-Alien, I also thought that Prometheus was a story that, with very minimal changes, could have just as easily been told post-Alien 3.

Master

I'm all for Queen being fished out of shores of Antarctica.

Ingwar

Don't mention Queen to Ridley ;D

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Ridley doesn't know what he's missing. Look at those curves!

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 21, 2022, 11:37:23 PM
Ridley doesn't know what he's missing. Look at those curves!

Yes officer this post here

Nukiemorph

Whatever they go with, I feel like I'm just going to be annoyed that the characters aren't just following instructions from David's Advent transmission.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 21, 2022, 12:50:23 AM
Whatever they go with, I feel like I'm just going to be annoyed that the characters aren't just following instructions from David's Advent transmission.

Well, this is set roughly around the time of Prometheus, so that hasn't happened yet. ;)

Nukiemorph

That's assuming the producer knew what he was talking about.

And if it really does take place around Prometheus, I have to wonder why. If they aren't involving the prequels or actively going against them, then why would they pick that time period?

Unless they have good reason, I feel like I'm going to wish they'd just set this after Covenant and used the Advent transmission.

BlueMarsalis79

"But now I wonder if it has always been there, though I merely could not hear it before." "The sound it built so slowly, yet when you listen for it, you can make out the strains, even over the background life of the universe."

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 21, 2022, 12:50:23 AM

I have to wonder if any new story is going to pick up on this at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed