"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting

Started by TheBATMAN, Feb 17, 2022, 06:45:08 PM

Author
"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting (Read 23,666 times)

bobcunk

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 17, 2022, 07:16:46 PM
Well the show is still a prequel.  :laugh:

I wonder what the Earth of the Alien universe will look like at the end of the 21st century. We get a little glimpse in a Covenant deleted scene of what it looks like in the early 22nd century.

It's not canon anyway, and has no relevance to this project, which makes me very curious to learn if it's going to be 'Used Future', like the original Alien, or more like 'Everything Is an iPod in the Future' , like in Prometheus.

Can't it be both? Maybe the used rusted blade runner style cities are the slums and the super hitech Star trek ones are just in different parts of the world. The ships and tech in Prometheus were privately owned and probably the best and most expensive you an buy where ass the ship in alien was like an old obsolete tractor that was pieced together from junk and used for farming in a 3rd world country.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I do think it's important that we don't get Pidgeon-holed into one thing = one things. It's why I'd like to see something with very distinctive styles in the same film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed