Disney Is "Vaulting" Classic Fox Films, Alien Is One of Them

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 25, 2019, 09:54:56 PM

Author
Disney Is "Vaulting" Classic Fox Films, Alien Is One of Them (Read 18,273 times)

D88M

Modern day disney is trash.

FenGiddel

Since I've only had the chance to see it in-theater twice in 40 years, I won't be bothered by "vaulting".

Local Trouble

Quote from: D88M on Nov 04, 2019, 01:06:29 AM
Modern day disney is trash.

But they gave us the MCU though.

The Old One

The Old One

I've got the OG versions of the OG Trilogy on Blu-ray. Surrounded with beautiful OG poster art.

And TCW is superior to anything Lucasfilm's done without George Lucas since. And Rogue One is good yes, but it's incredibly disingenuous to say it's all sunshine and roses, the general audience score isn't anywhere near good for the sequel era, regardless of critical opinion.

Horseradish

Ah yes, obviously the MCU is beyond reproach because the critics like them and critics like, watch a lot if movies and are thus smart and stuff. Don't actually pay attention to the quality of the movies and form your own opinion. And the fact that these critics are often either invited to special screenings and treated like princes or are otherwise just hopelessly obsessed comic book nerds desperate to have their favorite characters validated anyway is also irrelevant.

EVILthePREDATOR

@ Local Trouble, I hate MCU, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Half the characters don't even resemble their comic book counter parts. And with corny jokes relentlessly pushed in my face, I'd rather pass altogether. Take Spider-Man for example, I have nothing against Tom Holland, but the Peter Parker I grew up knowing always struggled, and was full of pain and heart break. He made his own costumes and struggled to make ends meet. And most importantly no one knew his real identity. It was a character cursed with his own powers. Burdened even.

His corny jokes against bad guys were just his form of dealing with being Spider-Man. With Holland everything is just on a plate for him and it's just too easy. (Talking to you there Mr Stark!) It's almost a different character entirely.

The original Spider-Man films while not perfect nailed the essence of Spider-Man from the comics.

Into the spider-verse is another example of how to do this character.

Why can't marvel get its own characters right? Yet Sony can? My conclusion is marvel could get their characters right if they wanted to, but Disney interferes too much.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: David's Creation on Oct 31, 2019, 10:03:00 AM
Seems so stupid.  I can't imagine old film screenings take much business from new ones.

That might be exactly why they did it.
The fee to get it screened might not be worth it given I can't imagine there is enough of these theaters for it to be a particular boon. It has a stake in two other services with Fox products and theirs a bunch of theaters screening the Fox library that Disney could be getting DVD/Blu-ray sales off of, or even streaming be it from Amazon, PSN, Microsoft, or their own sites.

It sucks it'll be removed but on Disney's end one way or the other it makes little difference to them. They could keep it around and let the small notch in streaming sales happen, or they cut it and almost no difference in sales are likely to occur. One way or the other independent theaters are irrelevant to them.

Huggs

Huggs

Driving all the way to a specific theater and paying at least $12 per person, before snacks, just to see a movie you can buy for $5 and watch in high definition on a large screen tv or with a modern projector at home. Complete with climate control and a private bathroom and kitchen.

I don't see how it could be a huge portion of the market.

Local Trouble

Bonus points if you don't even own it on physical media.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 04, 2019, 02:36:34 AM
Bonus points if you don't even own it on physical media.

The storage solution and organization industry would disagree.

Local Trouble

I mean bonus points with me.  Physical media should be confiscated.

Huggs

Normal wear and tear will take care of it in another 10 or 20 years.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 04, 2019, 02:34:37 AM
Driving all the way to a specific theater and paying at least $12 per person, before snacks, just to see a movie you can buy for $5 and watch in high definition on a large screen tv or with a modern projector at home. Complete with climate control and a private bathroom and kitchen.

Technically if you aren't in a hurry to see it, you can just get it for free eventually. I kind of like seeing movies in the big screen though, even though I don't enjoy most of the stuff that gets released these days.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 04, 2019, 02:43:55 AM
Physical media should be confiscated.

Come at me brah.

The Old One

The Old One

Physical media is top tier.

Whiskeybrewer

My Alien VHS's still play wonderfully

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed