Disney Is "Vaulting" Classic Fox Films, Alien Is One of Them

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 25, 2019, 09:54:56 PM

Author
Disney Is "Vaulting" Classic Fox Films, Alien Is One of Them (Read 18,271 times)

Corporal Hicks

Elmazalman

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 02, 2019, 02:26:02 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 02, 2019, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 01, 2019, 10:21:32 AM
All the more reason to treasure my discs. F**K DISNEY.

True, f**k Disney with their pea brain, low story IQ, washed out, played out, dumbass movies for the dumb masses. I excpect every Alien movie going forward to have at best an AVP2 storyline and script. I hope I'm wrong lol.
I never really got this mentality.

Like yeah there's plenty of reasons to dislike the House of Mouse (such as "vaulting" movies), but that doesn't mean I need to hate every movie they release. I've had an extremely good time with the MCU and a lot of their other stuff, and frankly I'm excited to see what they do with A/P/AvP. If we get a coherent string of movies that explore different ideas while still tying together like the MCU then I'll be overjoyed. If we don't.... then we're no worse off than before, really.
The only live action movie from DISNEY worth anything is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954). Don't give a sh*t about their STAR WARS output or ruinous intent for the ALIEN franchise.

Apart from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the STAR WARS trilogy (original theatrical versions) is all I want from DISNEY.

LaughsinSony

...But the important thing is, the MCU is complete!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 02, 2019, 07:26:51 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 02, 2019, 02:26:02 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 02, 2019, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 01, 2019, 10:21:32 AM
All the more reason to treasure my discs. F**K DISNEY.

True, f**k Disney with their pea brain, low story IQ, washed out, played out, dumbass movies for the dumb masses. I excpect every Alien movie going forward to have at best an AVP2 storyline and script. I hope I'm wrong lol.
I never really got this mentality.

Like yeah there's plenty of reasons to dislike the House of Mouse (such as "vaulting" movies), but that doesn't mean I need to hate every movie they release. I've had an extremely good time with the MCU and a lot of their other stuff, and frankly I'm excited to see what they do with A/P/AvP. If we get a coherent string of movies that explore different ideas while still tying together like the MCU then I'll be overjoyed. If we don't.... then we're no worse off than before, really.
The only live action movie from DISNEY worth anything is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954). Don't give a sh*t about their STAR WARS output or ruinous intent for the ALIEN franchise.

Apart from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the STAR WARS trilogy (original theatrical versions) is all I want from DISNEY.
That sure is one hot take.

Darwinsgirl

The Old One

The Old One

It isn't entirely incorrect in it's sentiment, and Disney (apart from funding) had no part in the MCU's success or Star Wars' failure.

Horseradish

I don't think Disney has released anything actually good in Bob Iger's tenure. Yes, that includes the MCU and Star Wars. Sure these movies are financially successful but so were the Transformers movies.

The weird thing is, because of the sickening cult-like mentality surrounding comic book movies these days we have to pretend they're genius works of art instead of bloated mediocrities with serviceable writing and charismatic actors.

Perfect-Organism

I honestly don't know what to feel.  Mostly, I think it's just nothing.  I'm so burned out on the whole Aliens thing, and not having any news on any new films that I hardly visit here anymore.

EVILthePREDATOR

Perhaps I'm biased as Iv been to Disney world when I was a kid and it's one of my favorite memories, so forgive me, but I really don't get the hostility towards Disney.

Sure have they become too powerful absolutely YES.

But..

Everyone seems to forget what a terrible job George Lucas did with the Star Wars prequels. Disney bashers and ultra Star Wars fans are quick to point fingers yet it's like they have selective memories. I think Disney's efforts have been far better, especially rogue one. Which imho was the best Star Wars film made since The empire strikes back.

I say this because it's almost like history repeating itself, has everyone just gone and forgot what a terrible job Fox was doing with alien and predator? Especially predator. (Just look at The predator)

People say Disney are just hungry for money, but from where Iv been standing it's been Fox who that fits more with.

They have been feeding us garbage since god knows when and it's about the only consistent thing about 20th century fox in terms of alien and predator.

I'm glad they don't have creative control with both franchises anymore. Fresh minds and fresh talent are what both franchises have needed for a long time.

Let's just hope Disney get this right.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Horseradish on Nov 03, 2019, 08:00:16 PM
I don't think Disney has released anything actually good in Bob Iger's tenure. Yes, that includes the MCU and Star Wars. Sure these movies are financially successful but so were the Transformers movies.

The weird thing is, because of the sickening cult-like mentality surrounding comic book movies these days we have to pretend they're genius works of art instead of bloated mediocrities with serviceable writing and charismatic actors.
Agreed. I'm fortunate in not being a big comic book or superhero fan, although I do enjoy the first two Superman (1978 & 1980) films, so the success - or failure of these comic book CGI sh*t-fests means nothing to me.

SM

QuoteSure these movies are financially successful but so were the Transformers movies.

Yep!  Just lazily ignore all the positive reviews, which is the complete opposite of the Transformers.

Elmazalman

Quote from: EVILthePREDATOR on Nov 03, 2019, 11:27:49 PM
Perhaps I'm biased as Iv been to Disney world when I was a kid and it's one of my favorite memories, so forgive me, but I really don't get the hostility towards Disney.

Sure have they become too powerful absolutely YES.

But..

Everyone seems to forget what a terrible job George Lucas did with the Star Wars prequels. Disney bashers and ultra Star Wars fans are quick to point fingers yet it's like they have selective memories. I think Disney's efforts have been far better, especially rogue one. Which imho was the best Star Wars film made since The empire strikes back.
I haven't forgotten what Lucas did to his own STAR WARS creation. He has trashed the classic original films with his sh*tty SE abominations - boasting (already dated) cancerous, CGI junk that only serves to highlight the age of the original surrounding material. The films are products of their time - the late 1970's and early 80's. The fool refuses to release the superior originals.

His downward slide began with the rubbish creations - the Ewoks. There hasn't been a truly great STAR WARS film since The Empire Strikes Back.

True, he gave us STAR WARS - then takes it back and replaces it with 'plastic' STAR WARS. The 1997 / 2004 / 2011 / ? SPECIAL EDITIONS are a travesty.

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: "The prequels suck the fat one - BIG TIME!"

Local Trouble

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 04, 2019, 12:05:57 AMThere hasn't been a truly great STAR WARS film since The Empire Strikes Back.

Objectively correct.

EVILthePREDATOR

I think Rogue one is Disney's best effort so far.
I had a blast with it.
What I liked is it wasn't afraid to take risks, it wasn't a happy ending and it was absolutely epic seeing Darth Vader again. Also I think it nailed the doom and gloom feel of the empire strikes back.

For what it's worth I'd say rogue one beats any of the prequels.

If they could replicate rogue ones success with alien and predator. I'd be a happy man.

SM

Rogue One is fantastic, but it also did have the advantage of cashing in on a classic film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed