Disney Is "Vaulting" Classic Fox Films, Alien Is One of Them

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 25, 2019, 09:54:56 PM

Author
Disney Is "Vaulting" Classic Fox Films, Alien Is One of Them (Read 18,275 times)

razeak

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 26, 2019, 08:01:28 PM
I'm still amazed that this merger didn't violate antitrust laws. Then again corporations are making out like bandits in the trump era. Woohoo capitalism!

not a recent development.

Anyways, my son was asking abiut the anniveraries of Aliens and Alien 3 after we left the screenin of Alien. I really hope something works out amd we get to catch more.

Elmazalman

All the more reason to treasure my discs. F**K DISNEY.

Bryan

Thank goodness for personal projector and of course, my Oculus Rift. I can get the theater experience whenever I want. But still, it's a real dick move.

Huggs

For a true theater experience, here's some things that you need. 7 bucks for water, 6 folks recording, 5 ringers still on, 4 noisy kids, 3 busted pixels, 2 lazy ushers, and the volume to be too d@mn high.

Evanus

Disney...

Spoiler
[close]

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Let me translate this development for those a little  ??? on it.

In the 80s and 90s Disney used to, sporadically, release home VHS tapes of "Disney Classics" for a limited time. These were big deals as they were released unannounced and subsequently withdrawn to stoke demand. Resale value on rare VHS tapes USED to be profitable for video retailers and studios. Now, in 2019, Disney has made its tradtional animation movies open resource, for a streamng fee.

So Disney has tried applying the above model in 2019, a time of internet file sharing, secondhand blu-rays aplenty and ALIEN being found in a charity shop for £0.50p if you look- to the live action film ALIEN. Only this time its moreso Disney is saying a classic installment of ALIEN being widely available might invoke a "deductive" opinion of future projects.
I doubt any more cheap sequels or TV streaming projects of the "alien brand" will affect people's knowledge of how to spot a stinker. You don't need comparison's to know if a classic has touched you or you are watching formulaic crap.

All this will do is harm arthouse cinema screenings of ALIEN.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 31, 2019, 03:08:02 PM

Actually funny that. When Ridley Scott originally approached Disney with the script for Legend back in the day, they told him to f*ck off. Disney now owns the European cut (with Goldsmith's soundtrack) of Legend.

Same story with Lucas and Star Wars.

DaddyYautja

They are doing this so they can see which movies they can relaunch later on. They have to sanatize everything to make max profit. This is nothing, just wait till the next alien film where the lead is a teenaged girl that by the end of the movie is beating an Alien Queen by herself.

Huggs

Just as long as they don't pull that vault crap where the disc based media vanishes for 5 years at a time.

I don't want to see Alien disappear until 2025 and then get a 2 month "diamond edition" release before going under until the 30's roll around.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You can just stream the movies from Disney+ with your superfast internet connection Huggs.

Huggs

That does it. I'm buying a backup of the anthology next year.

anduu

Like we needed any more reasons to pirate shit.

Kradan

Nostromo

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 01, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

True, f**k Disney with their pea brain, low story IQ, washed out, played out, dumbass movies for the dumb masses. I excpect every Alien movie going forward to have at best an AVP2 storyline and script. I hope I'm wrong lol.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 02, 2019, 11:52:49 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 01, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

True, f**k Disney with their pea brain, low story IQ, washed out, played out, dumbass movies for the dumb masses. I excpect every Alien movie going forward to have at best an AVP2 storyline and script. I hope I'm wrong lol.
I never really got this mentality.

Like yeah there's plenty of reasons to dislike the House of Mouse (such as "vaulting" movies), but that doesn't mean I need to hate every movie they release. I've had an extremely good time with the MCU and a lot of their other stuff, and frankly I'm excited to see what they do with A/P/AvP. If we get a coherent string of movies that explore different ideas while still tying together like the MCU then I'll be overjoyed. If we don't.... then we're no worse off than before, really.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed