Bad reviews dnt mean alot.

Started by Spectre, Dec 20, 2007, 09:26:57 PM

Author
Bad reviews dnt mean alot. (Read 25,858 times)

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Neither can I.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 21, 2007, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:24:03 PM
what if Will Smith was in AVP3 :o   it would be pretty cool i think, he did a good job in independence day :-\

Wilt Smith is too expensive for Fox...Why do you think they went for the TV guys' cast...? ;)

LOL your right, but for me if AVP3/P3/A5 is in space then the lead "hero"role would go to..........
AVP3=Bruce willis  P3=Mel Gibson (Danny glover did P2 so let Mel do P3 :P) and A5= i honostly dont know would play a lead role in A5, who would you pick YutanyDitch ???

Horhey

Horhey

Ive only seen the Movie Web review and 1 review from some dude at RT, so where are the others people are talking about?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Dec 21, 2007, 05:04:07 AM
Every movie gets shitty reviews, no matter how good or bad it is. And some movies that rank under 25% on RT have made HUGE money, so it's hard to put that much weight into them. Look at 300, it had many bad reviews but that movie kicked ass.

Word of mouth is what helps movies make money, not reviews.

That true, The Shawshank Redemption has a 88% at RT but yet it has been voted to be the best movie ever made on other web sites like Yahoo movies and IMDB.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:55:23 PM
what if Will Smith was in AVP3 :o   it would be pretty cool i think, he did a good job in independence day :-\

Wilt Smith is too expensive for Fox...Why do you think they went for the TV guys' cast...? ;)

LOL your right, but for me if AVP3/P3/A5 is in space then the lead "hero"role would go to..........
AVP3=Bruce willis  P3=Mel Gibson (Danny glover did P2 so let Mel do P3 :P) and A5= i honostly dont know would play a lead role in A5, who would you pick YutanyDitch ???

I would think the casting from a perspective of experience-quality-affordability...

It would depend on the budget granted and the script's quality...

A big budget like Spiderman would have A-class actors like the ones mentioned...

But they would only accept it if the movie had a good, really GOOD script...

SO, given the nature of the AVP movies, I would not think A-class actors would wanna do it...

For an Alien 5 movie, the script would have to be not just good, but also the pitch from the director would have to be convincing... And with an A-budget as well...

An Alien movie with an Spiderman3-budget could afford an actor like that... with less than 100 mil, I don't think so, with all the money that needs to be spent on CGI and all...

So, it all depends on the budget available and the quality of the script to me...
;)

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 21, 2007, 07:05:00 PM
Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 05:55:23 PM

I would think the casting from a perspective of experience-quality-affordability...

It would depend on the budget granted and the script's quality...

A big budget like Spiderman would have A-class actors like the ones mentioned...

But they would only accept it if the movie had a good, really GOOD script...

SO, given the nature of the AVP movies, I would not think A-class actors would wanna do it...

For an Alien 5 movie, the script would have to be not just good, but also the pitch from the director would have to be convincing... And with an A-budget as well...

An Alien movie with an Spiderman3-budget could afford an actor like that... with less than 100 mil, I don't think so, with all the money that needs to be spent on CGI and all...

So, it all depends on the budget available and the quality of the script to me...
;)

hypotheticly now; IF they had a superb script fitt for the best actors in hollywood and a big ass budget, who would you pick to be the lead role in A5/P3/AVP3

marrerom

marrerom

for A5? uh let me think about that for a second.....duh! weaver  ;)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Yeah I'd like to see some developement for the Ripley 8 character.

KARHAN

KARHAN

thw whole ripley thing is dead to me, alien5 needs a fresh new start, new characters, new planets, new spaceships, new alien designs

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 07:26:19 PM
thw whole ripley thing is dead to me, alien5 needs a fresh new start, new characters, new planets, new spaceships, new alien designs

no way. the point of the alien movies is ripley.

take her out of the equation and all you get is...well...the avp series.  :P

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

However the Ripley saga came to a perfect conclusion with A3.  Even though I would like Ripley 8 explored, it certainly wouldn't be the same anymore.

jimmylace

jimmylace

Bad reviews mean everything.

Critics liked Alien. They liked Aliens. At first Alien 3 was disliked, but in recent years has been viewed from a different perspective and is now the "Blade Runner" of the series. A:R was merely okay, and AvP considered abysmal.

The point is the general consensus tends to be the correct one. That's just a fact. AvP2 will be no different. It will be a movie that will disappoint the majority.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 21, 2007, 07:29:30 PM
Quote from: karhan on Dec 21, 2007, 07:26:19 PM

no way. the point of the alien movies is ripley.

take her out of the equation and all you get is...well...the avp series.  :P

no its not they could have gone with Hicks being the new "hero" after Aliens

holdtheline

holdtheline

The Ripley clone idea was awful.. it was just a way to crowbar the big star of the series back into the story and I've always found it really awkward.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

The point of the original trilogy is following the struggle of 1 woman against the creature(s) as they literally take everything she holds dear from her.  She loses her crew, her trucking license, her family and just when she thinks she might get a shread of it back in the shape of Newt/Hicks they're taken away from her again.  She is trapped in a nightmare that only ends with her eventual death.  

Without that element that movies wouldn't have half the depth they do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed