Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 05:38:04 AM

Author
Memory – The Origins Of Alien - New Alien Documentary On The Way (Read 59,321 times)

Corporal Hicks

Screen Daily just shared an exclusive scoop that there’s a new Alien documentary on the way to celebrate the upcoming 40th anniversary of Alien next year. The new documentary, Memory – The Origins Of Alien, is apparently being shopped around at Toronto International Film Festival for worldwide distributors.

"Memory is, full-on, a mythological deep dive into one of the films that influenced me to become a filmmaker, and a long-overdue tribute to its creator and writer Dan O'Bannon," said Philippe. "After the success of 78/52, we have pushed the envelope structurally, sonically, and visually, to deliver our most daring and original film-on-film to date; and I am thrilled to partner with Indie Sales to let it burst out onto the screen in 2019."

According to the article, Memory – The Origins Of Alien will “reveal previously unseen materials from the archives of writer Dan O'Bannon and designer H.R. Giger, including story notes, drawings, designs, behind-the-scenes footage, and O'Bannon's original 29-page Memory script from 1971.

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

The documentary is the work of director Alexandre O. Philippe and producer Exhibit A Pictures who previously worked together on the Psycho documentary 78/52: Hitchcock's Shower Scene.

Thanks to Sith_fire30 Creations for the news. Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

The Old One

Excellent, looking forward to it.

whiterabbit

Forget the debate about the skull and tail. After seeing that picture thank goodness there were no eyes. Eye holes good. Eye balls bad. :)

The Old One

The lidless eye on HR Giger's original Facehugger design I quite liked, but prefer the version we got.

No sunglasses on my Aliens thank you.

Corporal Hicks

I'm wondering about the extent of the unseen or unknown material.

Rankles75

Ingwar

QuoteMemory – The Origins Of Alien shot in 4K resolution in Los Angeles, Switzerland, Greece, Italy, London, and Toronto, and is being lined up for an early 2019 release to mark the 40th anniversary of the release of Alien.

Cannot wait to see this. Love movie documentaries.

Whiskeybrewer

Ill watch this just for the Draft script stuff. Really looking forward to it

Pvt.Himmel

I'm wondering if this will be on it the docs on the 4k Uhd release next year.

Nightmare Asylum

This excites me immensely.

TheSailingRabbit

That drawing makes me appreciate the final version of the chestburster. I don't care if it has arms/nubs/whatever, that drawing is ten times scarier and insanely derpy-looking.

Scary and derpy don't go good together.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 10, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

I doubt there would be much.

From an interview you conducted with CdL several years ago:

QuoteWith Alien for instance. There's precious few minutes of behind-the-scenes footage from Alien that was shot back in '78 and every time Fox comes to me and asks can we do something new, you know, when it was on the Quadrilogy and later on the Anthology. Can we do something new? I always think, wow, shame I don't have a time machine and I can't go back in time to 1978 and document the hell out of Alien. We've pretty much used all the available footage. I know there's more footage out there we don't have access to but we've pretty much everything we could.

Might be a new drawing or two and that O'Bannon Memory script.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 10, 2018, 07:26:47 AM
Could the unseen footage be outtakes from the Giger's ALIEN documentary?

I hope this new documentary is part of the 4K 40th anniversary release.

Prez

It's going to show the mythical box alien footage  ;D

Seriously though I'm looking forward to this. Nice that maybe focus will centre on O'Bannon who sometimes I feel is not given the limelight he deserves in all of this. Not saying O'Bannon isn't recognised rather most conversations about Alien centre around Ridley or Giger.

D88M

lol that chestburster with eyes, anyway this is great to know, 40 years!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed