Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 24, 2022, 04:22:54 PM

Author
Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro (Read 37,561 times)

Local Trouble

Van Leuwen single-handedly paved the way for the USM to take over? :o

SiL

Who else?

Kradan

Bishop II. Right after he planted Egg on Sulaco

Wweyland

Quote from: VeteranSergeant on Mar 14, 2023, 04:08:06 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2023, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 13, 2023, 09:35:15 AMLike Alien: River of Pain did for the bored Hadley's Hope leads? I hated that.

I have never read that book.
You should let it remain that way. It's the worst, or second-worst of the Titan Books Alien novels. Completely brain dead, and completely incompatible, canonically, with the second film unless you handwave more than one of those inflatable auto dealership guys. Has a fun love triangle with Newt's mom and a Colonial Marine officer. Oh, and it has more Colonial Marines stationed at Hadley's Hope than are sent to investigate why they have lost contact with them, lol.

"Sir, we lost contact with the rifle platoon stationed at Hadley's Hope."

"Hmm. Very strange. Send one squad to find out why."
Not only that but there are at least 2 different ships that the colonist can (and would) escape with. I think it's actually 4 in total if you count Fire and Stone and one of the Bug Hunt short stories.
And the Aliens: Aftermath comic even added more convoluted things on top of that.

Corporal Hicks

Xenomrph

Oh come on, the wise author would say "of course! ;) ;) ;)"

Corporal Hicks

I appreciate the honesty! I did think it was coincidental.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2023, 02:55:50 PMhttps://twitter.com/vlatinalondon/status/1655882484200927233

Quite the coincidence! Guess she just happened to be tapped into the Aliens EU wavelength lol.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2023, 04:15:52 PMhttps://www.avpgalaxy.net/2023/05/15/even-if-were-just-dancin-in-the-dark-reviewing-aliens-vasquez-avp-galaxy-podcast-163/

Podcast is now up!

Voice and face reveal lol! Thanks again for having me and for all the extra time and effort you put into this community!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 16, 2023, 10:03:36 AMVoice and face reveal lol! Thanks again for having me and for all the extra time and effort you put into this community

Thanks for joining us! And thank you. :) Appreciate that.

Xenomorphine

Sounds like yet another example of EU media getting so bored with the actual Alien, that they decide to make 'Warhammer 40K'/Resident Evil' cross-over fan fiction using tyranids, instead.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 17, 2023, 09:35:09 AMSounds like yet another example of EU media getting so bored with the actual Alien, that they decide to make 'Warhammer 40K'/Resident Evil' cross-over fan fiction using tyranids, instead.
What do you mean?

nchurch81

I feel bad saying this but.... Gosh, it's just not a good book. Like Colony Wars was awful, but at least there were some aliens in it.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think Vasquez was anywhere near as bad as Colony War, (that book was so bad it genuinely offended me) but it was just...ok. There's things in it I really loved, things in it I didn't. It just sort of evened out and was ok.

Wweyland

Finally got around to reading this. The first part of the book that focuses on Vasquez's backstory is descent but it should have perhaps been longer and featured more of Drake. For some reason, the dialogue is really cringey. People tend to break into weird monologues and inappropriate moments, like after being beaten up.

Having done quite a bit of bench pressing myself, the "tense" scene in the prison focusing on this lifting exercise fell flat to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed