ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 392,511 times)

predxeno

SiL

Woo being employed.

Perfect-Organism

I have a feeling they're going to release this for the 30th anniversary of Aliens.  I mean it could come out before 2016 but still as a 30th anniversary tie-in.  I really hope we give James Cameron's masterpiece the celebration it deserves.

I expect a new limited edition Bluray release with some new features like additional commentaries plus the full reunion footage.  Some promotional material for the new true sequel would be great too...

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2015, 01:21:26 AM
Woo being employed.

Hell, i'm employed and couldn't dare spend that much all at once.

SiL

Woo being employed and being able to save.

predxeno

I just spent $200 on an AVPR Inkworks Master Trading Card Set, so I can't spend $$ for awhile now. :(

Corporal Hicks

What was in that?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

locusta, I notice from those new images there are a few pullout tidbits inside (Space Beast, whatever that burnt sheet of paper is). Are you able to say if they will be in the standard version, or are the y exclusive to the Collector's Edition?

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 06, 2015, 03:21:56 AMI really hope we give James Cameron's masterpiece the celebration it deserves.

Lolwut?

This book isn't about Aliens. It's about the franchise as a whole. You know, those four films we have currently? It covers all of them, Alien 3 and Resurrection included, plus a bit more besides.

Not to mention Aliens gets plenty of credit as it is.

Son Of Kane

I'd be 100% willing to buy the book- but I'm afraid it'll say some B.S like "The crossbreed Aliens are more intelligent" or Bishop in Alien3 is an android- or even worse, they tie in AVP and ACM as Canon, or that recent awful novel trilogy.

If someone could guarantee me it has none of these qualities then I'd buy it otherwise the whole thing's a waste.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2015, 12:16:26 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Mar 05, 2015, 08:14:17 PM
I wanna know who would spend $325 for ONE book.  Unless they have a steep discount available, I can't even touch that price. :(
I bought some of Giger's books for about that. Each.
Were they signed by him?

If not, why were they so expensive?

Russ

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 09:25:01 AM
I'd be 100% willing to buy the book- but I'm afraid it'll say some B.S like "The crossbreed Aliens are more intelligent" or Bishop in Alien3 is an android- or even worse, they tie in AVP and ACM as Canon, or that recent awful novel trilogy.

If someone could guarantee me it has none of these qualities then I'd buy it otherwise the whole thing's a waste.

Or you could just download it illegally like you do with movies, right?

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Russ on Mar 06, 2015, 10:11:31 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 09:25:01 AM

Or you could just download it illegally like you do with movies, right?

I only download shit movies to laugh at them.

This hasn't even been seen by most of the general public and isn't a film.

Corporal Hicks

Comeon kids - I can see the dig here and it's not appreciated.

Plus - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

Quote- No discussion of P2P downloading. This includes discussion about downloading movies, music, games, software etc. Providing links to such places is strictly not allowed.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 06, 2015, 10:08:09 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2015, 12:16:26 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Mar 05, 2015, 08:14:17 PM
I wanna know who would spend $325 for ONE book.  Unless they have a steep discount available, I can't even touch that price. :(
I bought some of Giger's books for about that. Each.
Were they signed by him?

If not, why were they so expensive?

I'm curious too. Why the high price?

Corporal Hicks

Enough. Now.

Son of Kane has been spoken to, warned and the offending posts removed. It is done.

Ultramorph

Yeah, I honestly don't understand why the book is so expensive. Even when the regular edition comes out, it'll still probably be $50. I'll wait a few months until I can find a used copy for a few bucks on Amazon Marketplace.  ;D Fox/Dark Horse got over $100 out of me for all those Fire and Stone issues, I've shown my support.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed