Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 280,988 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 22, 2021, 05:36:51 PM
And that makes it less offensive?  :laugh:

I'm offended nobody commented on my very clever Latin name "Vile Dickhead"

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 22, 2021, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 22, 2021, 05:36:51 PM
And that makes it less offensive?  :laugh:

I'm offended nobody commented on my very clever Latin name "Vile Dickhead"

Chaos Daimôn?

How about this one :laugh:

Engineer

I just read issue 2
Update on the usage of "xenomorph"

Spoiler

Now the characters in the story "call them xenomorphs" too 🙄

And correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time an in-universe character has actually called the "egg-layers" by the moniker "facehugger" right?

This annoys me to no end. I had already lost a little bit of faith in the writer after that intro blurb, but this is even worse IMO.

Am I the only one annoyed by this?

PS. I'm also annoyed that he referred to it as an "egg layer." I thought he was talking about the queen at first so it confused me why the egg-layer was one of the "small" ones. I think they could have described that part a lot better. This is more of a nitpick, but overall I'm just not impressed with the writing or the artwork in this series...

[close]

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 24, 2021, 02:48:18 PM
I just read issue 2

Spoiler

And correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time an in-universe character has actually called the "egg-layers" by the moniker "facehugger" right?

This annoys me to no end. I had already lost a little bit of faith in the writer after that intro blurb, but this is even worse IMO.

PS. I'm also annoyed that he referred to it as an "egg layer." I thought he was talking about the queen at first so it confused me why the egg-layer was one of the "small" ones. I think they could have described that part a lot better. This is more of a nitpick, but overall I'm just not impressed with the writing or the artwork in this series...

[close]
Spoiler
They definitely didn't say "facehugger" in the movies. This bugged me too.

And if you go by Cold Forge, they aren't "egg layers" as much as "pathogen depositors"...
[close]

Engineer

Quote from: ChrisDasinger on Apr 24, 2021, 08:33:40 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 24, 2021, 02:48:18 PM
I just read issue 2

Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
They definitely didn't say "facehugger" in the movies. This bugged me too.

And if you go by Cold Forge, they aren't "egg layers" as much as "pathogen depositors"...
[close]

Spoiler

Yea I was gonna say that too, but then again they do call it an embryo in the movies so that is kinda like an egg too I guess. I just don't think of the facehugger when I think of "egg layer" I think of the queen...
[close]

Rambo

Yeah, didn't really love the fandom vernacular that has always felt foreign in-universe. I saw in the title page credits a thanks to Nicole Spiegel at Disney. She was the credited representative at 20th Century Fox for almost all of the Dark Horse Aliens comics for the past couple decades, and I always attributed a lot of the consistency and in-universe editorials to her. Rightfully so or not, I would've thought the "facehugger" term would've been caught by the studio consultants.

"Egg layer" didn't really bother me, not hard to believe a random character would be using that term, especially considering one has laid an egg in him....

BlueMarsalis79

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 25, 2021, 04:14:50 AM
Quote from: Nukiemorph on Apr 24, 2021, 08:33:40 PM

New name and avatar ahahaha f**k
haha glad you appreciate it.
I wanted something that could work as a Steam/PSN ID for Fireteam.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 22, 2021, 04:18:15 AM
All of them suck. But especially Internecivus raptus and especially Linguafoeda Acheronsis.
Wrong

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 25, 2021, 08:40:12 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 22, 2021, 04:18:15 AM
All of them suck. But especially Internecivus raptus and especially Linguafoeda Acheronsis.
Wrong

Xiggz456

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed