My time with Alien: Isolation

Started by Shevvie, Apr 05, 2014, 09:45:41 PM

Author
My time with Alien: Isolation (Read 8,152 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Shevvie on Apr 09, 2014, 09:11:38 PM
Eh, I get the feeling that the game will be heavily story driven giving you a linear direction anyway so I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that I had 3 routes to choose from rather than one corridor.  I do admit that they nailed the look of the map.

I think it'll be an RPG in some sense.

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 09, 2014, 08:22:44 PM
Quote from: Jarac on Apr 09, 2014, 04:47:18 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 09, 2014, 01:55:36 PM
Quote from: Jarac on Apr 09, 2014, 12:00:48 PM
Good write up. Have to admit, I'm getting my hopes up for this game, but not too much. I remember all of the promises of A:CM. No pre-order, but will definitely buy if it lives up to its promises.

Same. If IGN, who I usually agree with when it comes to games purchased, gives it at least a 7, I will buy. Hell, I bought ACM, that game was like a 5 to me.

I usually don't agree with IGN's reviews, nor GameInformer. I tend to prefer fan reviews, especially since a few games proved that reviews can be bought for their opinions or their silence (A:CM's review embargo was a disgrace on this industry).

With the games I buy, my opinions fall in line with theirs. I am sure if I branched out more, my views would differ.

Fair enough.

piff

piff

Quote from: Shevvie on Apr 09, 2014, 09:11:38 PM
Eh, I get the feeling that the game will be heavily story driven giving you a linear direction anyway so I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that I had 3 routes to choose from rather than one corridor.  I do admit that they nailed the look of the map.

well its not that hard to make 3 choices in a point and click game. And then animate the linear gameplay from there

Space Voyager

He he he, nice one. But having more than one "exit" is very, very rare and more than not limited to free roaming games. And even there the main plot is rarely truly branching. I won't hold it against Isolation to have linear elements, though I'd love to see it done differently.

Shevvie

Shevvie

Yeah all 3 route's lead to the same location but I'd rather it be like that than just walking down one corridor. Each route may bring a different challenge or opportunity but yes because I think it's linear your cow example is spot on.

Corporal Hicks

Just a WYI but Shevvie talked a little about his EGX experience on our latest podcast: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/podcasts/

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Shevvie on Apr 14, 2014, 05:35:11 PMYeah all 3 route's lead to the same location but I'd rather it be like that than just walking down one corridor.

Not to mention it opens up the possibility of finding the Alien blocking one route, so you have to backtrack and take another.

Corporal Hicks

It certainly did. I had to backtrack during my hands on too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed