Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 31,764 times)

Kradan

Nightmare Asylum

Aye, the heads were a great touch. When this popped up in the XBox livestream this morning, for a split second I thought it might have been the upcoming Alien game. :D It had been so long since I last heard about Scorn that I had forgotten all about it. This is definitely my favorite preview for it yet, however.

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping this MS deal means they can stop struggling with funds and crack on! It's been 3 long years!

Drukathi

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 07, 2020, 11:30:22 PM
Scorn developer - what Ridley is doing now is "garbage" - Scorn developer - also let's borrow them heads from Prometheus and Covenant. 😂

I love what David has done with the place.  ;D

Did they really say that? Ah, whatever! Given the biomechanical aesthetics of the game, I think they meant it with respect to RS. And that really makes sense. Why did Ridley replace exotic biomechanics with Stone Age and Cave Engineers?

Necronomicon II

Yes, to be accurate they said "rubbish", one of the developers stated that -

Ljubomir Peklar:
"Alien is one of my favorite movies," he says. "I don't really care for the sequels or the rubbish Ridley is doing now. Thematically, it's not that similar."

https://www.pcgamer.com/behind-the-beautifully-grotesque-art-of-scorn/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Yet there's still biomechanics snuck in Prometheus/Covenant (more emphasis on the mechanics, however, less of them BBQ glazed ribs*  ;D), yet the bodysuits of the engineers - the chap in that trailer essentially looks like an engineer :D.  Prometheus and Covenant are just somewhat stripped back because the narrative arch is leading up to more of that aesthetic (that was the plan, anyway).

*Covenant actually did feature a return to the ribs in the crashed Jugg.

Immortan Jonesy

I actually dig the "biomechanical is the future" idea.

Necronomicon II

Yup, Giger painted the future.

Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2020, 11:33:32 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 07, 2020, 11:30:22 PM
Scorn developer - what Ridley is doing now is "garbage" - Scorn developer - also let's borrow them heads from Prometheus and Covenant. 😂

I love what David has done with the place.  ;D

:D

Also, long time - no see. Where the heck have you been ?

I've been in isolation creating my bestiary.  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Gigerforming Planet 4, with some BeksiƄski's DNA as a cookie :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

You know, this would be a very good place to adapt Giger's Dune sandworm design. ;)

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Both of you chaps are speaking my language. 😍

For an example of some of Giger's more stripped back, industrial pieces, one only need look at his New York series, the architecture of the juggernauts is right here:

Deathbearer

Guess I'm buying an xbox now

Necronomicon II

Yes my ol' 2014 Alienware won't be able to run the finished game me thinks, ran the demo just fine though.

Nightmare Asylum

How was the demo? This new trailer has me very excited, but I haven't really followed up to this point.

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

I had an eyegasm  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed